shape
carat
color
clarity

Dog Pictures--Cavs especially!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
I spent an hour looking at all the gorgeous ragdoll kitty pictures! I am a cat AND dog lover...

So I thought I would start a thread to show off our little poochies!

THis is my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Winston!

W8-3-2008-13.JPG

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
on the way back from the breeders....8 Hours away!!!!!

This one is in his house! He loves it, though we have upgraded twice to bigger ones

w8-3-2008-21.JPG

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
MOM...I want OFF the sofa...please!

W8-3-2008-27.JPG

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
A little bigger and on his FANCY bed....that he rarely sleeps on

winston 018-W2.JPG

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
outside playin''

winston 056WW.JPG

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
all worn out.....

Picture 081WWW.JPG

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
again....but bigger....I get all the pictures I can when he is on his bed!

3L fall 2008 009WWW.JPG

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
last one for now....in my lap again....like the first one, but 10 months later...MY how he has grown!

UGA and Winston 078.JPG

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
ok...1 more, bad face, but his ears look so lovely! I''m obsessed with his long ears and refuse to get them trimmed!

UGA and Winston 112WW.JPG

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
So cute!!! When I get a dog one day this is exactly what I want! You have a beautiful dog!

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Oh he is soo cute!!!
I once saw this breed in a dog park and always wanted to know what they were called!

Can I ask how big he will get??

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Adorable! I heard that they are very affectionate.

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
he is so affectionate! He is either running around playing or curled up in my lap. I''ll open my arms and he come running to get to me.

THey come in 4 colors. He is a black and tan. (though he is mismarked b/c he isn''t supposed to have any white on him)

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
awww!!! I love Cavs... they are SO sweet and cuddly! A friend of mine breeds them and her pack is so fun. They scramble over each other to greet you at the door and then sit on their own step of the staircase and wait (with wagging butts) to be greeted. It''s hilarious!

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
OMG....the wagging butts is my favorite. I was worried Winston would grow out of it has he got bigger, but nope...now he just has more to shake!

My law prof mentioned in class one day about that the dog wags the tail not the tail wags the dog to illustrate some legal doctrine...clearly, he has never seen a cav!

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
one of him being all proud of all the toys he has destroyed! (though he has never ever chewed or destroyed anything we haven''t given to him) Thank goodness....mom loves her shoes!

3L fall 2008 041WWW.JPG

jess1981

Shiny_Rock
So cute!!

I''ve always wanted a cavalier king charles spaniel. I know they have such great temperments. Do they shed very much?

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Hey lala,

I''ve been admiring your avatar, but I didn''t want to say anything. I had a black and tan Cavalier girl named Pepper...she passed away this August at the age of 9 from genetic mitral valve disease and congestive heart failure. My pup fought for 2 years even though doctors only gave her 6 months to live at the time of her diagnosis, getting multiple medications and several injections daily.

She was the sweetest puppy (and I call her a puppy because she always had the attitude of a young pup, even when she got older). She had a way of turning her head when you asked a question as if to say "Tell me more about your problems" that made you think she was really listening. Even though she was a tiny thing, she always got so excited when someone said the "F word" - Frisbee!

Anyway, Winston is a beautiful dog, as are all Cavaliers! I admit I''m partial to black and tans cause they seem like the least common color. I can''t ever have another Cavalier because of what I went through with Pepper, but I wish you and Winston a long, happy, and healthy life together!

Here are a few Pepper photos.

Pepper on the sailboat wearing her lifejacket. She didn''t like to swim, but she loved sailing!

pdawg1.jpg

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Here she is sitting on the couch - which she wasn''t supposed to! This was her "guilty" face.

pdawg2.jpg

basil

Brilliant_Rock
She loved playing with trash even more than playing with store-bought toys. Her favorite was a 2 liter soda bottle, which she would chase around the house, but she liked this paper cup she found on the beach too!

pdawg3.jpg

basil

Brilliant_Rock
And here she is looking so contented, outside on a summer day.

pdawg4.jpg

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
Basil--Pepper was stunning! Such a pretty girl. Thank you for sharing. I''m sorry you lost her. I''m dreading the day Winston gets it, because it seems like they all do at somepoint.

Winston LOVES his water and soda bottles too. And we have to spell out B-A-L-L otherwise he goes nuts. I think he will also retain that puppy attitude. I think its a cav thing, they are just so happy and interested in everything. I had to work this past summer in a town where I didn''t know anyone, and by myself...Winston saved me from being so lonely. Not only did he keep me with company with his sweetness, but everyone wants to stop and talk to him and he wants to love on them.

eyeelle--Winston is only 11lbs and he just turned 1, so he will probably fill out somemore, but not actually gain anymore height. THey are really long legged dogs, he is as tall as my FMIL''s cockapoo that is 20lbs.

He is on the small side, they run 11-12 to 20 when full grown.

Jess-Winston does shed. Its different than a lot of dogs. I was petting a lab the other day and with every pet I had tons of fur in my hands, and it made me realize how little Winston sheds in comparison. He def. does shed though, I can always tell when he sneaks onto my pillow in the bed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results