shape
carat
color
clarity

my engagement

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mr New York

Rough_Rock
This weekend I proposed to the love of my life at the Rockefeller center Ice Rink. It took a lot of planning and secrets to keep it a surprise, but it was so worth it. I''m too tired to write the whole story, but I did upload a video of it that my friends shot for me.

if you search "myengagementvideo" on youtube then you should find the username I used to post the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_C-LMprCuA

tabu

Shiny_Rock
Awww, so cute! I am very happy for the both of you. Congrats! Cant wait to hear the rest of the story
1.gif

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, Mr. NY! Best wishes to both of you. How wonderful you got it on video!

36.gif
36.gif

Mr New York

Rough_Rock
Alright so I was going to write out this story but my fiance beat me to it. So here it is!

From her:

November 28th, 2008 - The proposal went a little something like this: Neil planned a fun "date" for the day after Thanksgiving and took me ice skating at Rockefeller Center. I thought there was no way we were going to get on the ice since the wait was 1 hour and 45 min when we got there but all of the sudden he pulls out some V.I.P. “Bypass the Line” passes. So now I’m thinking he got some type of military deal to get those passes and I am still oblivious to the real reason we are at the skating rink. We lace up our skates and skate around the rink (trying not to fall) for about an hour or so. At fifteen minutes left of our skating session, the announce “Attention all skaters, there is now 15 minutes left of your session. If you want to avoid lines in the skate return, we suggest leaving the ice at this time”. I tell Neil I think it might be a good idea for us to get off the ice now since I don’t particularly love standing in lines. He convinces me that we should keep skating since our dinner reservations aren’t until later that evening anyways. During the entire skating time, all I wanted was a picture of us in front of the Rockefeller Christmas tree and Neil kept saying “Let’s just wait until the end when there is less people on the ice to get a good pic”. So we skate until exactly 8:00pm when our session ended and they announce “Attention all skaters, your skating session is now over, please exit the ice as soon as possible”. I’m getting a little anxious now because I wanted to get our picture in front of the tree and then get off the ice. So Neil finally hands our camera to the staff member and we finally get the picture taken. At this time, Neil wants to skate around one more time and I’m getting nervous and say “Neil I really think we should get off the ice now, I don’t want to get yelled at and I don’t like breaking the rules”. He insists it is fine and we should finish our last lap around the rink. At this point EVERYONE has cleared off the ice and it is just Neil and I left when all of a sudden “our song” Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts comes over the loud speaker. I look at Neil with a confused look and say “This is our song”. He nods and skates me to center ice and I start to kind of understand what is going on but still kind of think maybe this is just an early Christmas surprise or something. So we are holding hands at center ice with “our song” playing in the background and Neil begins to tell me all these amazing things that are all a blur now in my mind. But I specifically remember the part about spending our lives together just before he gets down on his knee (on ice skates!) and pulls a perfect little ring box with a gorgeous ring out of his pocket and asks “Courtney, Will You Marry Me?” By this point I’m crying like a baby (tears of joy of course!) and was sure to answer him and say “Y-E-S” before planting a big kiss on him. He then slides the beautiful engagement ring on my finger and we hug and kiss and take one more lap around the rink to the sound of hundreds of New Yorkers & tourists screaming and cheering in excitement for us! Then I hear two familiar voices overhead and learn that his friends Mike & Chris were there and videotaped the entire thing! We finished the night with a champagne toast at Rockefeller Center and dinner and frozen hot chocolate at my favorite restaurant Serendipity! This whole production was a complete surprise to me and my man did a fabulous job planning everything.What an amazing engagement story!! I am truly the luckiest girl in the world!

neilVigil_1110.jpg

Mr New York

Rough_Rock
Her sporting the ring at Serendipity 3, our fav restaurant

serendipity3.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Wonderful proposal story and stunning ring!!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely proposal! She is very fortunate!

babygirl

Shiny_Rock
What an amazing story! I love the crowd cheering during the video- too cute! Many congrats to both of you!

Aww omg her written out version made me tear up... sounds perfect (even to me, who would dislike a public engagement).. I can only hope my engagement is HALF as good as yours... awwwwwwwww
39.gif
9.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
YAY I love it! Congrats!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a wonderful proposal and a GORGEOUS fiancee!

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
OMG - you''re famous!
I just saw this video yesterday w/out reading this post. How weird. Congrats!

I LOVE THAT RING!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results