shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Holiday Decorations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Well, I figured I could OFFICIALLY open this thread for 2008, as I have had my outdoor decorations and lights up and ON for a couple days. I''ll post pics after dark.

1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine isn''t up yet but it always looks like this; we put ours up Thanksgiving weekend or the 1st week in Dec. hehe This is last yrs pic! I am tempted to buy a 4 ft tree instead of hauling out this thing.
11.gif

11-07%20pics%20106.JPG

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I linked last year''s thread, too. So many pretty trees last year, it''s still fun to look at.

We have an absolutely tiny house compared to the house we had last year, but it''s mine! Fortunately, it didn''t take too long to do the entire front of the house! We used C9 whites on the roof line, and then snowflakes with 6 minilights in each for the porch. There''s 3 prelit alpine trees on the porch and a Mr and Mrs Snowman on the raised garden bed. We still want to get path markers and maybe light the star on the house. That will be it for outside decor this year. Our trees can''t go up until after Thanksgiving.
20.gif

2007 Holiday Decorations

LightsSS1.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Okay, 3 trees are up. The main tree (it saddens me to think I only have one big tree...), JT''s tree in his room, and a little advent tree. Right now the little advent tree is bare, but JT will put an ornament on it every day until Christmas eve. Then, when that tree is all decorated, he''ll know that Santa will come.

My big tree is a fakey (I''m allergic to real), 7.5''--1500 white lights, silver and gold gossamer (twisted together) and blown glass ornaments, and a gold angel and skirt. (I''m loving my red drapes around the tree!)

Christmas2008tree1ss.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
And, JT''s little tree. It''s 2.5'' fiberoptic with DH''s ornaments from when he was a kid. (lots of snoopy, sports, etc.) JT did most of the decorating himself. We also put on blue beads because he thought they were Christmasy.

JTstree1ss.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Somethingshiny your trees look beautiful
36.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
no tree for us...cats lie to ''play'' wiht it too much...

We do have @ 6 nice pine along the side of our house...hope to get some lights up there assuming I can find them...and it stops snowing

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont have any to share right now, all of my last year pictures are on my other computer, but I do have the boxes out of the attic, I am hoping to get the tree up sometime this week.
2.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
This is our little tree- its only the two of us so its just the right size
1.gif

xmastree20081-1.jpg

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
This is our Santa and Reindeer in our front window
1.gif

outsidelights20081-1.jpg

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I like to load my tree with lights and ornamets so you can barely see the branches anymore.

xmastreeerin.JPG

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is the entrance to our house...WE put up the tree in the same spot last year, I love having my door open so you can get a peak at the Chrstmas tree.

IMG_6095.JPG

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is our tree. It''s not completely done though. I ordered these pretty butterfly ornaments from Pottery Barn and they were on backorder and they were suppose to arrive on 11/28, but they just sent me an email that they are on backorder again until 12/21.

I hope they come in as I was really excited to get butterfly decorations for the tree.
2.gif

IMG_6003.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Butterfly what an entrance, gorgeous! I hope the butterfly''s get there soon!

Danielle, love the tree, sooo cute!

Starset, I love your ornaments, beautiful!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I love that we all have completely different trees!

Keep those pics coming!!

tenfour

Shiny_Rock
somethingshiny, i have a question about the star on your house. i never really see these in canada, but my husband and i go to PA every year and notice them on a whole lotta houses. is it a decoration popular to some regions or is there another meaning to it?? just curious.

love the decorations. we don''t have a tree. our apartment last year was under 500 square feet. our house is almost 4x that size now, but we need to put money towards furniture to fill the place. no tree this year. i will, however, decorate a pair of antlers above the fireplace. christmas antlers. there are no children in the family or extended family. feel free to have a visual of a group of children gathered ''round antlers to open gifts.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 8:55:37 AM
Author: tenfour
somethingshiny, i have a question about the star on your house. i never really see these in canada, but my husband and i go to PA every year and notice them on a whole lotta houses. is it a decoration popular to some regions or is there another meaning to it?? just curious.

love the decorations. we don''t have a tree. our apartment last year was under 500 square feet. our house is almost 4x that size now, but we need to put money towards furniture to fill the place. no tree this year. i will, however, decorate a pair of antlers above the fireplace. christmas antlers. there are no children in the family or extended family. feel free to have a visual of a group of children gathered ''round antlers to open gifts.
tenfour-
i just moved to PA from NJ and noticed the stars as well... from what i am told its a PA dutch tradition and it means welcome.... much like a pineapple is the symbol for welcome.
hope that helps!!

tenfour

Shiny_Rock
definitely answers my question, thank you!! next question: flags in massachusetts. i saw a lot of decorative flags on homes in massachusetts. there wasn''t a particular symbol or theme (unless there is something i don''t undersatnd about ''winnie the pooh''), but i noticed a lot of flags. any idea about that one??

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
umm,... maybe they just like ldecorative flags!! my mom is from New England and there are flag/kite stores everywhere!! maybe just a regional thing!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 9:06:11 AM
Author: cbs102

tenfour-

i just moved to PA from NJ and noticed the stars as well... from what i am told its a PA dutch tradition and it means welcome.... much like a pineapple is the symbol for welcome.

hope that helps!!

I live in IL, and I thought I was being original!!! Stars in this area are not a popular thing! When we bought our house a couple months ago, there was a star on it. The seller took the star with her and I loved it. I did like it in part because of Dutch tradition; but also in part because we''re very patriotic and what symbolizes that more than a big red star?!

lol about being gathered round the Christmas antlers. We''ve gathered under deer heads before....how can you believe in Santa after unwrapping gifts with Dasher above you?!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 10:51:53 AM
Author: somethingshiny

Date: 12/3/2008 9:06:11 AM
Author: cbs102

tenfour-

hope that helps!!

I live in IL, and I thought I was being original!!! Stars in this area are not a popular thing! When we bought our house a couple months ago, there was a star on it. The seller took the star with her and I loved it. I did like it in part because of Dutch tradition; but also in part because we''re very patriotic and what symbolizes that more than a big red star?!

lol about being gathered round the Christmas antlers. We''ve gathered under deer heads before....how can you believe in Santa after unwrapping gifts with Dasher above you?!
well you ARE original!!!!! you don''t like in PA so i am sure no one really sees the ''star'' everywhere in IL! i think that they are really cool.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
This is our live tree!

DSCF1595b.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Here is our Christmas tree this year

xmastree200831221.jpg

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Italia,

Wow, have you already received THAT MANY gifts already?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Here is the outside of our home...

outside200831222.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 6:09:09 PM
Author: zhuzhu
Italia,

Oh yeah. They are all the way under the tree and completely around it too. I still have more gifts to wrap. We buy for 30 people yearly and since most are family or friends, we often times end up with over a 100 gifts under our tree.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 6:15:08 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor

Italia,

Oh yeah. They are all the way under the tree and completely around it too. I still have more gifts to wrap. We buy for 30 people yearly and since most are family or friends, we often times end up with over a 100 gifts under our tree.

That''s sweet of you!
For a moment I thought they are all gifts FOR YOU!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 6:16:06 PM

Date: 12/3/2008 6:15:08 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor

Italia,

That''s sweet of you!
For a moment I thought they are all gifts FOR YOU!
Some are. But I''m really into "giving"...so I buy buy buy and what you saw in the picture is the ending result.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 1:21:02 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

I love this Santa Steve gave you. He has such a kind face!

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
how fun! i love seeing everyones decorations. here''s the view from one side of our home. :)

IMG_3443-Edit-1-1-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results