shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your DH know your sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would your husbands know all of your various clothing/shoe sizes? Just curious how others feel about this .... as my DH, after four/five years of NOT knowing, has all of a sudden started asking & won''t take BUZZ OFF for an answer! I probably wouldn''t be so sensitive about it except that I''m, um, curvy ... & take a plus size in some clothing articles. And, that its very difficult to buy clothes for me because I''m different sizes on the top & bottom & dresses that fit my bum might swim on my top half etc. etc. Its not as if I''ve gained weight since we met & the "new" size is a big shocker ... its that he''s never known, never asked, never been a "clothing gift" person and its WEIRDING ME OUT. He''s a big guy himself & I know all of his sizes & he''s not sensitive about me knowing or buying him stuff so he''s bewildered why I would be.

I think this all started because I''ve been griping about my lack of warm coat. Or, I guess I should say lack of warm CHIC coat because I do have a matronly cornflower blue Eddie Bauer puffer that I''d rather not be caught dead in & was only supposed to be used for shoveling snow etc ... and I also have a fancy shearling but its so heavy & damage prone that I resist wearing it. What I need is something light & water-resistant & warm. An everyday coat. I really hadn''t wanted to spend $$ on one because the cheap ones look cheap and the expensive ones seem wasteful -- but I have been guilty of complaining so I suppose he was considering ways to solve this problem as a x-mas gift rather than prying the $$ out of my thrifty paws as an agreed upon "need". So its probably NICE of him to want to know. Sigh.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My hubby and I have been together going on 12 years and married almost 9 yrs and he doesn't know shoe nor cloth size. I know his size though; that is funny, I have not thought about that!!! I am going to ask him tonight to double check but I am sure he would be clueless if he went shopping for me. Ah, that is the sweetest most romantic thing, Deco! Tell him; it would be sweet to see what he gets you, ahhhhh, too cute!
30.gif
What a guy!
36.gif
36.gif

eta: I just called my hubby and he knows my sweater size but not the other sizes.
When I asked he said you wear cute sizes, oh brother, silly guy. hehe

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol. Awww Deco, I am sure he wants to know because he wants to get you a fabulous coat.

I know my DH knows that I am a small or xs, but I don''t think he knows my actual sizes other than that...although I could be wrong. Now I am curious, I am going to ask him when he gets home!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Maybe just tell him your coat size?
My dh knows my shoe size.
But I'm with you, I wear different sizes on top than on the bottom, and it just differs from brand to brand. And DH is very sensitive, so if he buys me something thats a clothing item, and it doesn't fit, he just feels bad. So I finally layed down some ground rules that either he can't be so sensitive, or just get me gift cards.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I cut the size tabs off my clothes cause nobody but me & my bodacious curves needs to know that info. LOL.

velvet_lg.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
DH goes clothes shopping with me so he pretty much knows my sizes. That''s so sweet that your hubby might be buying you a coat!

And by the way... that part you wrote about being a diff size on top and bottom. SO MANY OF US ARE! Why can''t clothing designers figure that out?
33.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco: that is so sweet of your husband. He is really thoughtful.

DH and I have been together for 29 years and married for 27. I just asked him what size jacket I wear and he surprised me with his answer. He said "you are a medium". I never knew he paid attention. HA!!!

Now as far as, shoes, pants and dresses go, he doesn''t have a clue. I have always kept my weight a secret from him.
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy & Neatfreak & Joflier!

Date: 12/1/2008 6:48:12 PM
Author: joflier
Maybe just tell him your coat size?
I thought about this too ... but it would be different sizes if it was a "jacket" or a full sized coat! Or, really, be different sizes depending on the cut/shape. D*MN HIPS! Women''s clothes are just so shape-oriented & unforgiving -- he doesn''t get that, being a MAN!
3.gif

Forgot to mention that after I tried to explain the "hard to fit" situation he suggested, in lieu of "sizes", that I give him (*faint dead away*) MEASUREMENTS. YEAHHHH ... NOOOOOOOO.
38.gif

He got one size out of me last night after threatening to just look inside all my clothes & figure things out himself.
23.gif
32.gif
27.gif
. I fessed up my "dress size". Blerg. He claims to be "making a list".
6.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahaha-I doubt it! I''m sure he knows my shoe size because I like to tease him that our feet are almost the same size but his are twice as wide. I wear a women''s 10 and he wear''s a men''s 9 or 9.5...which means his feet are basically a half size bigger than mine!
3.gif

As for the rest, I doubt it. I once gave him all my sizes at Christmas on a little piece of paper so he could buy me some presents but I doubt he has it now. I''m not that sensitive about sizes but I understand being sensitive about them!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 6:53:05 PM
Author: Matata
I cut the size tabs off my clothes cause nobody but me & my bodacious curves needs to know that info. LOL.
BRILLIANT!!!!! I am sharpening my label-cutting clippers as we speak!!!
31.gif
11.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, he does. My clothes, shoe, and bra sizes in both UK and US. My ring size in US only but could convert it if he needed to. My glove size in UK only but he could figure that out too.

Let''s just say, I hate shopping. He either helps me with it or does it for me. His parents also regularly buy me clothes.

Am I missing something? Why wouldn''t you want him to know your sizes?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco,
That''s so sweet of your hubby. Mine knows some of my sizes. I am a small in sweaters. I will have to ask him tonight if he knows my shoe size. I will report back later.
3.gif

I know all of his sizes, funny how that works.
11.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa: It is funny. I know all of DH''s sizes too. He keeps insisting he is a 34 pants, when in fact, he is a 38 or a bit larger
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 7:05:24 PM
Author: Linda W
Lisa: It is funny. I know all of DH''s sizes too. He keeps insisting he is a 34 pants, when in fact, he is a 38 or a bit larger
9.gif

Ha! My dad does the same thing! He''s a little vain about his pants size!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 7:02:04 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 12/1/2008 6:53:05 PM

Author: Matata

I cut the size tabs off my clothes cause nobody but me & my bodacious curves needs to know that info. LOL.

BRILLIANT!!!!! I am sharpening my label-cutting clippers as we speak!!!
31.gif
11.gif

Hahaha-my parents and aunt and uncle have to cut the tags out of the clothes they get for my grandmother because she refuses to wear XL''s even though that''s her size! Guess the size vanity runs in the family because it''s my dad''s mom!
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 6:59:29 PM

I thought about this too ... but it would be different sizes if it was a 'jacket' or a full sized coat! Or, really, be different sizes depending on the cut/shape. D*MN HIPS! Women's clothes are just so shape-oriented & unforgiving -- he doesn't get that, being a MAN!
3.gif

Forgot to mention that after I tried to explain the 'hard to fit' situation he suggested, in lieu of 'sizes', that I give him (*faint dead away*) MEASUREMENTS. YEAHHHH ... NOOOOOOOO.
38.gif

He got one size out of me last night after threatening to just look inside all my clothes & figure things out himself.
23.gif
32.gif
27.gif
. I fessed up my 'dress size'. Blerg. He claims to be 'making a list'.
6.gif
LMAO, hey that is pretty brilliant of him! I use to work at the mall and the men would look at us sales associates and say "you look about the size of my girlfriend, what size do you wear??" baaaad! Your hubby is so sweet! LOL to making a list, too cute
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 7:05:24 PM
Author: Linda W
9.gif
Haha, yup to that!!!
31.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 6:44:16 PM
Author: Skippy123
My hubby and I have been together going on 12 years and married almost 9 yrs and he doesn''t know shoe nor cloth size. I know his size though; that is funny, I have not thought about that!!! I am going to ask him tonight to double check but I am sure he would be clueless if he went shopping for me. Ah, that is the sweetest most romantic thing, Deco! Tell him; it would be sweet to see what he gets you, ahhhhh, too cute!
30.gif
What a guy!
36.gif
36.gif

eta: I just called my hubby and he knows my sweater size but not the other sizes.

When I asked he said you wear cute sizes, oh brother, silly guy. hehe

Smart boy, I like that answer.

I think my FI knows but like other girls I vary on top to bottom and from store to store frustrating as hell

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Deco, could the problem be solved with a gift certificate? I know, it''s so impersonal and unromantic, except -- immediately after the holidays, coats will go on sale at a huge discount. Maybe you could buy your own really chic coat for $ instead of $$ AND keep the size to yourself.

And you know, that if a gift card seems ''impersonal'', that might prompt the giving of an extra bauble or two, because no man wants his wife to have nothing under the tree.
9.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Yup, he knows my clothes & shoe sizes, but maybe not my bra size ...

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 6:59:29 PM

I thought about this too ... but it would be different sizes if it was a 'jacket' or a full sized coat! Or, really, be different sizes depending on the cut/shape. D*MN HIPS! Women's clothes are just so shape-oriented & unforgiving -- he doesn't get that, being a MAN!
3.gif

Forgot to mention that after I tried to explain the 'hard to fit' situation he suggested, in lieu of 'sizes', that I give him (*faint dead away*) MEASUREMENTS. YEAHHHH ... NOOOOOOOO.
38.gif

23.gif
32.gif
27.gif
. I fessed up my 'dress size'. Blerg. He claims to be 'making a list'.
6.gif
Sure has a bee in his bonnet about this, doesn't he?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH knows it all because we tend to shop together. I complain all the time about not being able to buy pants in most "regular" stores
20.gif
I''m like you Deco and wear pants in a size that only some stores carry... my pet peeve actually. He also is very proud to know my bra size because since being preggo my (*)(*) have gotten ridiculously large and he loves to talk about the size--we went to the store together and fell on the floor laughing when they said what I measured!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
We''ve been together for 12 years, married for 9, and Yes DH knows all of my sizes. Ring size, preferred chain length, LOL. Seriously, he knows and has always known my clothing and shoe sizes. He knows that I take a different width in boots than in regular shoes, that I need a particular cut of bra, etc.

I''m plus size and curvy and he knows it whether there''s a number attached to it or not!

btw-I''m definitely 2 different sizes on top and bottom. Actually, my measurements are 3 different sizes all together!

Yay for a great new coat!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I thought of the way to solve this-run out and buy yourself a coat right away!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hubby knows my sizes because he has helped me find things in my size while shopping. I have a big chest, small waist, and big hips so I have a terrible time finding clothes that fit. Love his heart, he tries his best to help me shop because he knows how frustrated I get. If I don''t find clothes, I tend to head towards purses and then complain that I don''t have clothes. Oh well. He has never attempted to pick clothes out to buy me because he knows that I really need to try things on, and that clothes that are cute for skinny people won''t necessarily be cute on my curves!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to ask hubby... he said "hmmm, let me guess, i'm not certain about any of that..." haha. After a little thought he knew, though, and had my jeans, bra, and shirt sizes right.

Problem is, I don't even know what size I am--not reliably, anyway. I take a waist size up in jeans because I have large hips and a little waist, I always line up with XS or S on size charts but prefer a roomier M or even L in tops, my dress size is always measured a size larger than fits... too much variation. Sheesh!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 7:02:58 PM
Author: Addy
Yes, he does. My clothes, shoe, and bra sizes in both UK and US. My ring size in US only but could convert it if he needed to. My glove size in UK only but he could figure that out too.

Let''s just say, I hate shopping. He either helps me with it or does it for me. His parents also regularly buy me clothes.

Am I missing something? Why wouldn''t you want him to know your sizes?

I''m with you on this one...

my boyfriend (yes, not husband!) knows all of my sizes. He knows I have a large chest and a large booty, no matter if my jeans say a size 12 or not
1.gif
And I love getting new underwear and bras, so he often buys those for me too
1.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
K apparently knows all my sizes--I just asked him and he got all of them. Impressive.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 8:51:40 PM
Author: ladypirate
K apparently knows all my sizes--I just asked him and he got all of them. Impressive.
That''s very impresive.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Deco, your hubby sounds really sweet.
1.gif

Well, I just asked my hubby, and he only knows my ring size--haHA! I suppose that''s all I talk about size wise.
31.gif

I know all of his sizes, though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results