shape
carat
color
clarity

New Appliance Help Please *****mobius8?****

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi!

I am purchasing appliances for my new home today, and was hoping for some insight into the products I am looking at.

First off, a Samsung dishwasher: DMR57LFS/XAC

Samsung fridge: RS2530BSH/XAC

Whirlpool washer/dryer: WFW9200SW/YWED9200SQ

And last, what I''m a bit worried about, an LG gas range: LRG30357ST

Any thoughts or concerns? Thanks in advance!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe it''s just me, but I tend to like to get a "set" of appliances. Also, when I think of Samsung, appliances are not what come to mind. I''m not saying they make bad appliances, I just don''t think of them when the topic comes up.

I think you would come out better getting a set of GE or Kenmore. I think the Samsung and LG tend to be overpriced for what you''re getting. And on the dishwasher front, I''d get a Bosch.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
MATCHING APPLIANCES!!!!!! If you''re buying them at the same time, it''s best to go with a set. This, of course doesn''t apply to the washer/dryer...you can get a different brand for those as opposed to the same brand as your kitchen appliances...but they too need to match each other.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t get a set and don''t think you need to... I got a GE advantium set (microwave & oven and oven) ... but then got a jenn Air fridge....the handles match exactly which is what bothers me...non matching handles on major appliances drive me nuts...then I have a cooktop that happens to be GE...and then a non GE dishwasher (can''t remember what''s down there) but it''s behind the island so it can''t be seen...I went NUTS picking the dishwasher...

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks guys, I didn''t go with a matching set as these were what we could get the best deals on (staff discount). I''m so excited!

moremoremore: I didn''t even think of checking the handles, oh no! I hope it doesn''t bug me.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MMM, we are so much alike. I chose my new samsung microwave b/c the handles matched my jenn-air ovens. Haha! The clock is a different color (blue vs. green) bugs me *slightly*. ONLY slightly though.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Shimmer...I''m SURE it will be fine...even if they don''t match, in reality, these are stainless appliances and they will all go together...I''ve never been line, oh, those don''t match! Enjoy!

Tacroi and I are clearly mental... :) There was a woman on gardenweb who was really wanting to return a piece bc of the clock color...I was like who is THAT obsessed? Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you, Miss Tacori LOLOLOL...I''m SO just messing with you...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MMM, HAHA! The difference is I am not returning it! But I did notice it right after DH installed it and was a little disappointed. I am a loon.
2.gif

mobius8

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 4:47:26 PM
Author:shimmer
Hi!

I am purchasing appliances for my new home today, and was hoping for some insight into the products I am looking at.

First off, a Samsung dishwasher: DMR57LFS/XAC

Samsung fridge: RS2530BSH/XAC

Whirlpool washer/dryer: WFW9200SW/YWED9200SQ

And last, what I''m a bit worried about, an LG gas range: LRG30357ST

Any thoughts or concerns? Thanks in advance!

Hey, sorry I wasn''t there for you.
I think you made great choices, assuming those listed are what you chose to go with.
I don''t know much about LG products as far as your range choice.
I have a 4.5yo Duet washer and dryer. LOVE IT.
I have a Samsung fridge. LOVE IT.
I have heard good things about their dishwashers. Seem to be constructed very similarly to my Bosch.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the pieces that you chose.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hey, thanks mobias! I did go with what I listed, however the new house isn''t ready to move in yet so I haven''t tried anything yet. I''ll update you when I get a chance to test drive everything (soon, hopefully!).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results