shape
carat
color
clarity

round in cushion halo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kappa

Rough_Rock
hi

i was wondering how you all would think a round brilliant would look in this setting.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-4-carat-cushion-in-halo-setting.68403/

i don''t think the bf bought a round yet so i might be able to switch to a cushion.

What size cushion could i get for $7000?

We found a great 1.2 round for that price and I wouldn''t want to go down in spread on the stone if possible.

Thanks in advance!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think it would look great with a cushion or a round
1.gif

kappa

Rough_Rock
the problem is i started out wanting a cushion then i flirted with asschers then princesses then i convinced myself i wanted a round for the performance.

but when i tried on this setting i loved it. plus, it covered my entire (size 4) finger! they dropped a round in the setting while i was there and i liked it but after i left i started wondering if the empty corners, albeit curved empty corners, would drive me nuts!

kjt

Rough_Rock
I agree, it would look good with a round.

for 7 grand, you could get a lot, depends on the specs you want though!

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
A round in a cushion halo would be beautiful however you do have to make EXTRA care to select a setting that won''t show empty corners if that is something you don''t like. I amost did a cushion halo but in the end I put my OEC (old school round) in a radiant halo. I decided to go the custom route for that exact reason you are concerned about. I didn''t want empty corners! I really wanted it to look like one big stone. Getting the setting to not have empty corners can be done however I know my jeweler had to do a lot of tweating to get it just right. You can see my ring and what i am talking about on this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/he-asked-i-said-yes-my-3-52-oec-er-with-halo.93261/

Good luck! Alison

kappa

Rough_Rock
Do you think i can get a sparkley square brilliant cushion that''s about the same size as a 1.5c round for $7000? i think maybe 7 mm diameter. this will be so much more work for him than a round though!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
This is one of the most beautiful rings I''ve ever seen. And this is coming from someone who is not fond of rounds. Great job!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
It is a great ring isn't it Kappa? I wondered if you were referring to THAT particular setting, or just a simliar setting (that you planned on having made)? Did you find an similar setting for sale somewhere?
I don't think my brother in law and his "lady friend" are together anymore. I'm working on getting this ring. Told him if he needed to unload it, I'd be more than happy to buy it from him!
30.gif
I plan on putting my round diamond in a cushion halo setting someday , in the next year or two. I don't like how a round looks in a round halo, but LOVE how a round looks in a more cushion shape halo!
emsmilep.gif

I wanted to mention that she had to go back to the jeweler a few times..in the first week of wearing this ring, she lost a couple small diamonds. She was not pleased with the quality of the ring, and had it altered a bit. I never seen pics of it "after" she went back three times!! I don't know where it was purchased (other than in NY).
Oh..Allison, your ring is fabulous too! Love the more squarish halo!

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kappa, that setting is lovely! Depending on color and clarity, you can get a very nice cushion of around 1.5 cts at that price. Contact Mark T at Engagement Rings Direct - he found me an absolutely gorgeous cushion for slightly more than that, and it''s 1.53 cts, I SI1. I can''t see a *thing* even through a loupe, and neither could my friend who is a jeweler! I really wanted a rectangular stone, and there were many more squares on the market if I remember correctly - so you really can''t go wrong with him. Good luck!
1.gif

kappa

Rough_Rock
i found the setting at a local jeweler in naperville. it''s a lot like the one i posted except the halo is equal on all four sides and i think the one i posted might be longer shaped.

i was worried about how delicate it is. i would get it in platinum so i hoped that might help. the jeweler also replaces the stones for free. thank you for telling me that though! it''s a new setting for this jeweler so I know they don''t have any experience with it. The setting is only $1525 so I''m wondering if that should indicate that it might not be well made.

does anyone have any opinions on this kind of setting? i read the posts online about how delicate it is. i like this type of pave so much better than the types that have more metal!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2008 11:28:49 AM
Author: kappa
i found the setting at a local jeweler in naperville. it''s a lot like the one i posted except the halo is equal on all four sides and i think the one i posted might be longer shaped.

i was worried about how delicate it is. i would get it in platinum so i hoped that might help. the jeweler also replaces the stones for free. thank you for telling me that though! it''s a new setting for this jeweler so I know they don''t have any experience with it. The setting is only $1525 so I''m wondering if that should indicate that it might not be well made.

does anyone have any opinions on this kind of setting? i read the posts online about how delicate it is. i like this type of pave so much better than the types that have more metal!

Yes, the cheap price probably indicates not super high quality pave. But if the jeweler will replace it for free and you are ok with losing stones sometimes, then it might still be worth it for you if that''s wjat you love.

You will need to be careful with a ring like this though.

kappa

Rough_Rock
maybe i''ll look around a little more for a more secure setting.

also, i think i am going to consider a cushion. i''ve read a lot online about chunky and modified and brilliant.

Is there a price difference between these types of stones? Which are the easiest to find?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out goodoldgold.com
You can see many different types of cushions, and see the differences to decide which you like.
They also carry the cushette, which is shaped like a cushion, but sparkles more like a round.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/Diamond_Videos/

http://www.cushette.com/

Also, on GOG homepage, in the top box, bottom corner, in little letters, they have the cushette video comparison. I think I have a link to a star129 compared to a cushette, might just be a regular hearts and arrows round though. Let me see if I can find it. O btw, I bought the cushette in the video! The video was made for me, Jon is great about doing video comparisons to help you decide!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/videos/HAvsCUSHETTE.wmv

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results