shape
carat
color
clarity

Shared Prong Eternity Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nani565

Shiny_Rock
Hey Everyone!!

I really want a full shared prong eternity band for my wedding band, but I don''t like when the eternity rings stick out further that the engagement rings. The problem is that the height of the band of my ering is about 1mm. So in order to get a wedding band that is even it would need to be 1mm in height. is that even possible to make and eternity band that thin??

Thanks,

nani

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Nani...the band needs to be deep enough to be able to set the stones and keep them protected....bc I think you're saying your e-ring is set really low, I just don't know how to get a flush fit.... I personally, don't see the big deal about flush fit and find something really charming and cool about having a little gap...

nani565

Shiny_Rock
Im not talking about the gap, I don''t mind the gap. What bothers me is when looking at my hand from a birds eye view, the eternity band sticks out further that the e-ring.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 12:44:59 PM
Author: nani565
Im not talking about the gap, I don''t mind the gap. What bothers me is when looking at my hand from a birds eye view, the eternity band sticks out further that the e-ring.

I think it will be very very hard to get an eternity band that thin, might even be impossible because as MMM says there needs to be enough depth to set the diamonds safely. Your best bet would be to contact someone like Leon Mege, he makes the lowest profile ones I have seen.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I got it...you mean further than the band for the e-ring bc the ering band is not as deep/high as the eternity...duh...I think I knew that''s what you meant LOL....but I"m stickin to my original answer LOL...nothing you can do I''m afraid since it''s not like you have pave in that band..

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I''ve seen a shared prong band set that low. Memoire does make their bands lower than most so they may make one that would work but you''d have to use very small diamonds, maybe .02''s or something and even then I think it would probably be higher than your e-ring band. Have you thought of a pave band at all? You can get those lower and you might find the difference b/t the heights not so bothersome.

nani565

Shiny_Rock
i tried the memoire ones, that''s the one that is in my avatar, but it is still too wide, it was 2.25. I know facets has one that is 1.8mm. I dunno maybe i will go with pave, i just love the way the shared prong looks. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results