shape
carat
color
clarity

How many of you keep up with high school friends?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I always wonder about this since I know a lot of people who still are very good friends with people from HS. I thought it was particularly interesting since in NYC so many people are from different parts of the country.

I am still best friends with my BFF from high school--she and I were attached at the hip in HS, almost literally. However, she now lives in the South and has kids, and a hubby...the whole enchilada. We haven''t grown apart (although our lives are completely different) but we just don''t see eachother anymore really. Mostly we communicate through emails and phone calls...

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am still good friends with a lot of people from high school, not necessarily by choice.

My best friend is a guy, B, and we are still close, same as it''s always been.

My "BFF" from HS, S, well... I don''t know. She still calls me her "BFF" but when it comes down to it, she''s just not a very good friend, and we barely talk anymore. Seems like it''s more for show. We don''t confide in one another at all. I think our relationship has run its course, and we''ve been growing apart for years.

I have a few other high school friends that I see once in a while, but we''re not very close. We''re all just way too different now.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
It''s really interesting to read the responses to the question of this thread. I''ve been out of HS for almost 20 years....wow did I just say that??? I was one of a group of 5 girls that were super tight in HS, but now that group has shrunk down to 4, and of those four, two are no longer friends, which is kind of awkward at times. I still maintain really close relationships with 2 of the girls, and the other I speak to maybe once every couple of months because I now realize we don''t and never did have much in common and now just don''t have much to talk about anymore. Still, I consider her a friend and I do reach out to her every now and then and vice versa just see how the other is doing. All but one of us still lives in the same general area and still we just don''t seem to have the time to see each other as often as we used to. However, we communicate by e-mail and phone calls, and lately through some social networking sites.

I wonder what the secret is to maintaining HS friendships for so long?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results