shape
carat
color
clarity

Silly question about All-Clad Skillet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I bought several all-clad pots and pans after our wedding with our registry completion discount. One of the gifts from All-Clad with over $1000 in purchases included a monogrammed french skillet with our wedding date on it. Well it just came in the mail yesterday. What do I do with it? Is it meant to be used? Will using it ruin the engraving?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I checked the All-Clad website (all-clad.com), it looks like the engraving is on the exterior (bottom) of your skillet. The only thing I can foresee happening is if you overheat it might discolor. It''s meant to be used!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
there''s no point in having an All-Clad if you don''t use it. do it, do it!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
How do you like the all-clads so far?

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
Sap, thanks for reminding me that I need to do the same. I say use the skillet. My friend got an engraved pot (a few years back) from All-Clad and has no problems using it. The only problem she has is that the engraved side will look used instead of pristine, but who cares. I love my all-clad pots and pans. They are really expensive, but they will last forever. I know some people will say it''s not worth the cost, but if you invest in good pots and pans, you can pass them down to your kids. I know restaurant owner who uses all-clad pots and pans for her dessert items. She has been using the same allclad for at least 20 years

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. I asked because when I told my friend that my skillet had finally arrived and I was excited to use it, she acted surprised that I would want to use it! I''m going to use it. It would be silly to let it collect dust somewhere when I could use it.

For the person that asked about whether or not I like my set. I love my all-clad set! I have the 14piece set in stainless as well as an additional 1qt saucepan, wok, non-stick 12" fry pan, square grill pan and the multi-cooker. I also have a few of the free gift items including the panini press, the kitchen tool set and now the 9" french skillet. So far I have used most of the pots besides the multi cooker and some of the other larger pots. It''s amazing how evenly the food cooks! Plus the pots conduct heat so well that I practically never use high heat anymore. I want to get the roaster next!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results