shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting a New Car...Accord or Altima?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
I am in the market for a new car in the next couple of weeks. I looked at the Accord today and the Altima. I always thought I would like the Altima the best as I like the body style better. However, I ended up liking the Accord better and what it has to offer. I thought it was more comfortable and the interior looked nicer. I thought the Altima looked a little cheaper on the inside. Which would you buy?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
The Accord! I
30.gif
Accords.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
H and I just went through the comparing of the Altima & Accord for our daughter. She was sure she wanted the Altima until she drove it.
She also didn''t like the interior and the limited choices. I personally think it''s a great looking car. The Accord too is a great car and the resell factor I think might beat out the Altima.
In the end we bought her a Wolfsburg edition Jetta.
She loves it.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 9:06:33 PM
Author: bebe
H and I just went through the comparing of the Altima & Accord for our daughter. She was sure she wanted the Altima until she drove it.
She also didn't like the interior and the limited choices. I personally think it's a great looking car. The Accord too is a great car and the resell factor I think might beat out the Altima.
In the end we bought her a Wolfsburg edition Jetta.
She loves it.
Ditto, I just came in here to suggest a VW Jetta, either the 2.5L or the 2.0T if you want a little more oomph.

They also brought over the SportWagen this year, if you'd like a little extra room - probably one of the nicest feeling wagons I've ever driven for the price (starting at $17k).

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hey- My next door neighbor is a car salesman for Nissan, and his best friend is a car salesman for Honda. So I have a civic, and I have test drove an accord, and even my next door neighbor agrees hondas are more reliable and a smoother ride. I love my car!
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hondas generally are considered more reliable...so I would go accord personally.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Go with the accord. There is no car on the road as reliable as a honda and both their resale value and the low cost of repairs make them very affordable to own. My DH and I have not driven an Altima, but we are currently driving a Honda, my Dh''s first and now he doesn''t want to have anything else.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I drive a nissan, DH has an accord. His is older, but they last forever. Go with the accord, hands down.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I love my accord.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honda !!
36.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Definitely I would pick the Accord. Nissan is a goog brand as well, but if I had to choose a Nissan, I would get a Maxima.

I had a Honda Civic for 10 years, I drove it to the ground, so to speak. I think it had over 130K miles when I finally decided to get rid of it and guess what? I was still able to sell it for $1500.

Now I drive a Honda Pilot!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the Honda! But I''m biased because I have a Civic (8 years old and still going strong; my previous one was 13 when I sold it) and FI has an Accord. I especially like that, for not much money, you can get a really nice Accord with tons of luxery options for far less than an Audi or BMW or something. FI''s car feels like it''s $5-10k more expensive than it was.

I will admit I know nothing about Nissans ... I just love Hondas!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely the Honda! I had an Acura which was just the poshier Honda and I loved it!

ucdcows

Rough_Rock
I was in your shoes about a year ago (the cars are basically the same now as they were then). I test drove the Altima and there was something with the shifting that I dislike and personally I thought it was nosy (lots of Road noise and outside noises). I had three male friends in the car who are into cars and they agreed with me. I test drove the Accord and everyone including me loved it! It was smooth, powerful and quite honestly a much better deal. A comparable Altima to my Accord was a few thousand dollars more expensive which is weird because I always thought nissans were cheaper?

So I bought my Accord and still love it! Absolutely no problems at all (granted, it''s still pretty new). My family has had over 20 accords in the family and they will last you a long long time....

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i vote for the honda because they have better resale value.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Honda, hands down. I think Nissan''s are terribly overpriced for what you get and the Accord will hold it''s value longer.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know anything about Nissans, but I LOVE MY HONDA!

Hubbys and I traded in our Chevys two years ago for Civics and we couldn''t be happier. (AND we went with Honda even though my dad''s family owns Toyota dealerships, so that says a lot.)

In the end, Honda had the best safety features, long-term value, mileage, and affordability, in our humble opinions. I don''t think I''ll ever drive anything other than a Honda again.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I have the altima coupe bought in July 07 and have put 50K miles on it (so I spend a ton of time in it!) and have had no problems so far at all. I don''t necessarily think that the Altima''s are overpriced necessarily, I just think that the way they structure their packages is not very convenient/buyer friendly. My one complaint about the sedan would be that the seats are kind of uncomfy, though the coupes don''t have the same seats, I had a sedan rental car on a trip and noticed this.

My friend has an accord and I have ridden in it and driven it on several occasions and I don''t really find a huge difference in the way they drive (even though hers is new and mine has so many miles) I looked at the Accords when I was buying and I just didn''t like how they look inside or out, for whatever reason. She loves it though.

I don''t think you can go wrong with either mechanically I would honestly just buy the one that you like the most.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
We just bought a 2008 Accord and love it! We checked out the Altima, and while there was nothing really wrong with it...we just didn''t like it as much.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
Sounds good. Looks like I''ll be going with the Honda. Now my dilemma is do I get white with beige leather interior or silver with gray leather interior. I am leaning towards the silver/gray because I think it will stay cleaner better. I LOVE the beige interior with the wood grain trim but since I wear jeans almost everyday I am afraid it will get dirty fast. I know that denim does rub off. The seats in the model on the showroom floor were filthy. Granted I know that people are getting in and out everyday/allday but still. Once they are dirty they are no longer "pretty." What do you think?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2008 7:47:29 PM
Author: Class n Sass
Sounds good. Looks like I''ll be going with the Honda. Now my dilemma is do I get white with beige leather interior or silver with gray leather interior. I am leaning towards the silver/gray because I think it will stay cleaner better. I LOVE the beige interior with the wood grain trim but since I wear jeans almost everyday I am afraid it will get dirty fast. I know that denim does rub off. The seats in the model on the showroom floor were filthy. Granted I know that people are getting in and out everyday/allday but still. Once they are dirty they are no longer ''pretty.'' What do you think?
36.gif
we own 4 silver cars. they don''t need washing.
9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Hondas are amazing, but I do like the look of the Altima a lot more. Although an Accord is totally cute, too!

Silver is the *best* color for a car, in my opinion. Classy, classy!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Accord.

movie zombie

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
If I had to pick, I''d prolly pick the Altima, but I''m tired of both of them, and the Camry.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d go for the silver/gray interior on the Accord.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had silver/gray in my last car, and chose gold/beige this time around because the beige was a warmer color and, more importantly, was closer to the color of my dog''s fur! I understand your point about showing dirt sooner, but that hasn''t been an issue for us so far with the leather seats (year and a half) and, if they do get a little dark, the seats can be cleaned.

My general rules for selecting a car are:
1. reliability - nothing is worth having a car you can''t count on and is easy to maintain
2. interior - you spend a lot more time inside your car than looking at it from the outside
3. matching the color to my dog''s fur - she rides along a lot in the back and she sheds

Hondas are great, had them for years, although I''ve switched to Subarus for the last 7 years because they work better with the dog and everything in our family revolves around the dog anyway!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I vote to get silver. I love the look of silver cars, and I personally don''t like white cars. My MIL will only buy white Pontiac Grand Prix''s. I''m not really sure why, but her cars ALWAYS have to be white. lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results