shape
carat
color
clarity

Obsessing...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cosmo_Gal

Shiny_Rock
I know that I''m supposed to let him be the man and allow him to make all the decision about the ring/proposal. However, the excitement of being engaged overwhelmed me and I ended up somewhat ruining his plans. I managed to get him to tell me that we were going to get engaged next month after Christmas. I know I shouldn''t bug him about it, but I keep finding myself stressing over it for some reason. We''ve looked at settings online, gone to stores and looked at rings and even discussed what sort of things we''d like for a wedding. So pretty much we''re getting engaged soon, but the anticipation is killing me. I even found out he called my mom and had a long conversation with her about his plans. I picked out a particular setting and diamond that I like. Of course, I keep checking back to see if it''s still there and it is. I know I need to stop obsessing, but I can''t. It''s just not worth seeing the look of disappointment on his face because I ruined his plans. I want to continue to make plans on his own without letting me know what they are, but I also want to feel like we''re making progress.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
chill babe, just let it happen. Women on this board have waited for years, I know you can be calm for a few weeks!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I know you can!

Take a deep breath and call for some patience and serenity. (very hard, I know!!!!)

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
OMG!! You and I are the exact same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tooo funny!
But I have been waiting since July and I still haven''t received it yet! Imagine how I feel and I know he has the ring... somewhere!!!
I have been sprung checking his emails and he was really disappointed (I didn''t find out much) but I felt terrible and You are right, its not worth it.

I was pretty certain it would be happening early December and I would imagine he would take me away somewhere but work has been asking me if I would like to take leave over this period (so they can do the roster.. they have asked everyone) and I told him that he needs to tell me if I require leave and he said no! On many occassions so now I don''t know what. ( And no, he is not doing that sneaky thing behind my back and organising with my boos business)

So just relax! It will happen........... some day!!!!

Cosmo_Gal

Shiny_Rock
I guess what just keeps going through my mind is, how are we supposed to get engaged next month when he hasn''t even made a move to purchase a ring. I hate mentioning it, but it''s like if I don''t he''ll keep putting it off.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 2:21:55 PM
Author: Cosmo_Gal
I guess what just keeps going through my mind is, how are we supposed to get engaged next month when he hasn''t even made a move to purchase a ring. I hate mentioning it, but it''s like if I don''t he''ll keep putting it off.
Just chill and trust him. Every time you check up on him, it''s like you''re saying you don''t trust he''ll do it. If he said he''ll take care of it, let him do it his way.

tabu

Shiny_Rock
Chill girl!
1.gif
I know its hard but it will happen! Trust is a wonderful thing. If you know when he''s going to do it, it won''t be the same as if you are totally surprised!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results