shape
carat
color
clarity

Teen gift ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I have a niece who is 14, and I''m at a complete loss as to what to get her for Christmas. This is only her 2nd Christmas with our family (my brother married her mother), so unfortunately, I don''t know her very well. Last year we did a gift card, but I''d like to find something a little more personal to kind of solidify her into our family. I really don''t want her feeling like an outsider. She''s into sports, music, and sweatshirts. She gets just about everything she wants as soon as she wants it, so there''s no wish list.

Any ideas? TIA

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
What kind of budget do you have?

What about...
tickets to a sporting event or concert?
a wristlet purse
a little Tiffany silver charm?

Or for a smaller budget I would consider...
a magazine subscription to Teen or whatever is popular these days
mani/pedi
inexpensive but nice mp3 player like a Sansa

Its so nice of you to really want to make her feel like part of the family!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Does she have an iPod? Accessories, iTunes gift cards etc might be nice!

Movie tickets are always good- I was always broke as a teenager and always wanted to go to the movies!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to say an iTunes giftcard and a college sweatshirt. Clothes are always good.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
If she''s into being girly, maybe a cool makeup gift set would be cool. Mac has special holiday sets of lipglosses or eyeshadow pallettes. So does victorias secret, i think. I was a lipgloss fiend when I was a teen!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the ideas, keep ''em coming!

She''s not into girly at all, which is why I''m having a hard time. She has a top of the line Ipod and some sort of membership for downloads, so I think that''s out. My sis already called sweatshirts and I don''t know how many a girl needs. (I own one.)

I have around a $50 budget, but I think tickets of some kind would be good. We don''t have much for events or concerts in this area but maybe I can find where her parents would let her go. She''s got a baby brother and watches him a lot, so getting out of the house a little more would probably be the best idea!

I''d really like to gt her some small piece of jewelry. She''s not into jewelry, but a little Tiffany charm would be so sweet and maybe she''d get into jewelry if she had something to be excited about. I usually have no problem giving someone something I WANT them to have instead of what they''ve asked for, but with my niece I feel differently. I don''t want her to feel like I don''t know her well enough or that I''m forcing her to be a different kind of girl. Thoughts??

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
She may not commonly wear jewelry but if she had a nice piece then she may wear it at least for special occasions.

This is kind of what I was thinking... but its out of your price range.
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=22640046&mcat=148204&cid=287463&search_params=s+5-p+6-c+287463-r+101424818-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

there''s always James Avery as well...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a big fan of etsy, it''s a website that features artists that make things by hand. They have a gift guide of items put together for teens and some of these items are just so fun! http://www.etsy.com/gift-guides/teens/60.

anyname

Shiny_Rock
does she like any kind of sports? maybe tickets to a local major sporting event, if she likes to playing sports buying a membership and lesson to something like a rock climbing gym. If she likes to cook, some cooking classes at a local culinary school, ditto with dancing.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Does she like to read?

The Twilight series by Stephanie Myers (all the good stuff vampires, love, angst) is fantastic and is really popular with teens and adults and is coming out as a film soon.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
maybe a gift certificate for some yoga classes or something else active? If she''s not into jewelery I def wouldn''t try to make her be by buying her something, my mom and sis are always buying me jewelery they want me to have and I hate it. I also really liked the movie ticket idea, when I was in high school my dad bought me a 10 pack of movie tickets and I loooved it.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all the ideas. I think tickets for *something* is the way to go.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think with teenagers a gift certificate to the mall is a good way to go. I''d do that personally if you don''t know her super well.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I think tickets to something may be fun - make sure to include one for a friend :) If your sister is doing a college hoodie, maybe you could pair it with bball tickets and a gift certificate to a pizza place.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results