shape
carat
color
clarity

TANNING

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

golden

Shiny_Rock
So I have done the mystic tan once and I just did the airbrush tan, both had great results, airbrush was obviously more even, BUT, with both the mystic and the airbrush, my legs looked like they were never even touched (btw, my legs are really pale). I was told that even if I went with a darker color, it wouldn''t matter (and this was not even the lightest shade that I did for the airbrush, I chose the 2nd level), I was told that the same thing would happen, and the reason that this happened was because the lack of pigment in my legs. My face also did not really get any color, I actually saw better results with my face from the lightest color when I did the mystic tan.
The reason I say I had great results was because my upper body came out looking great, but what do I do now when summer comes around...or next time I have an event and don''t want to wear stockings or tights? I refuse to get into a tanning bed, I am very scared to get any type of cancer. The reason my arms got such a great color is because this past summer I was out in the sun for a week without sun screen (not sun bathing, just out on the boardwalk etc) and even then I should have had sun screen on!
Does anyone know of a tanner that has nothing to do with the pigment in your skin?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
No. But I''m soooooooooooo tired of trying to get tan by not actually getting tan.......lol
20.gif

golden

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 2:59:49 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
No. But I''m soooooooooooo tired of trying to get tan by not actually getting tan.......lol
20.gif
You have had the same problem?

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
This might be a silly question, but have you tried Jergen''s Natural Glow? Personally, I love it. I don''t get all streaky and smudge-y, and I don''t have to worry about standing still like standard self-tanners require (I just can''t stay still that long). Anyway, maybe Jergens could help even you out a bit in the leg and face regions.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I have had great success with moisturising self tan and used Johnsons & Johnsons over the summer, very even and does not require that you adopt any undignified stances. But the downside is that any bits or bobs you cannot reach stay white.
32.gif

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I use the Dove Daily Glow lotion (name might be wrong) but it works great! All of the spray tans I have had have been more of a stain too. A friend also swears by the self spray tan from Oil of Olay I believe.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
http://jantana.com/sunless.html has saved my life when it comes to tanning! I''m VERY pale.

I get the Fast Tan stuff. Don''t bother with the buffing sponge it comes with, just use your hands. When I''ve put it all over (minimal amount on elbows and knees), I put moisturizor in my hands and rub that on my neck, face (cheekbones and forehead mostly), and tops of hands. It gives a little color to those areas without actually applying the sunless stuff. Wash hands with hot water, soap, and scrub with washcloth.

When you go to the site, it will freak you out because it''s for bodybuilders, but trust me. The Fast Tan stuff isn''t as dark and all my friends use it.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I use a product called SUN by Giesee.

http://www.amazon.com/Sun-Giesee-Instant-Tanning-Lotion/dp/B0001CI40U

I really like it because there are various levels you can use...and I find that the pigment actually stains your skin which give you a longer lasting glow.

On a side note, before you get spray tanned, take a very warm shower and exfoliate your skin.

golden

Shiny_Rock
I will never be able to put these products on myself! hahahahaha

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I tried everything (mystics, lotions, etc). The only one that worked was the actual "fake and bake" which I did for over 5 years. Sometimes I would go almost 3-4 times a week. It took 5 years, but I got smart, and stopped after the wedding in July. My skin actually is now dry, an ugly pale, etc. but at least I can try and save myself from skin cancer.

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I am afraid to tan too much. Skin cancer runs in the family.
7.gif

golden

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 7:27:35 PM
Author: UCLABelle
I tried everything (mystics, lotions, etc). The only one that worked was the actual ''fake and bake'' which I did for over 5 years. Sometimes I would go almost 3-4 times a week. It took 5 years, but I got smart, and stopped after the wedding in July. My skin actually is now dry, an ugly pale, etc. but at least I can try and save myself from skin cancer.
What do you mean face and bake? Do you mean tanning beds? I wouldn''t do them again, I am so afraid of cancer. I am going to keep trying lotions and airbrush places a couple more times!! There are supposed to be 2 really good places in NYC, so I will try them soon.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
I''m telling you...if I can use this sunless product, anyone can. I am pale, pale, pale. I love my jantana stuff.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
A "Fake and Bake" is the bed. Even though I was paying $30 per tan, I thought they worth it at the time (as I told you, I don''t use it anymore!!!). I calculated that one for a year and I spent $1600.00

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results