shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band opinion (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

corgan

Shiny_Rock
I was sent this CAD today for my wedding band just wanted to know if you think it looks good or if I should do something different or any other ideas you might have. Thanks!

Cindy-Doherty---CAD---10270.jpg

sarah95

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks great!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d worry about the height difference myself because it isn''t easy to tell with those angles whether the rings will be the same height or not, and do you have three sided pave on both? Or did you just do engraving on the side next to the ering?

corgan

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 8:29:21 PM
Author: neatfreak
I''d worry about the height difference myself because it isn''t easy to tell with those angles whether the rings will be the same height or not, and do you have three sided pave on both? Or did you just do engraving on the side next to the ering?

Yes both rings have three sided pave, I am aware of the issues involved with this and I did think about doing just one side on the wedding band but I had always wanted 3 sided pave for both. WF though is adding a little more metal to the surprise diamonds so that it won''t rub as much.

Can you explain the height thing as I am not understanding what you mean.

Thanks for the replies I definitely want to take everything into consideration before I make this final as I don''t want to regret anything later on.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 8:44:53 PM
Author: corgan

Yes both rings have three sided pave, I am aware of the issues involved with this and I did think about doing just one side on the wedding band but I had always wanted 3 sided pave for both. WF though is adding a little more metal to the surprise diamonds so that it won''t rub as much.

Thanks for the replies I definitely want to take everything into consideration before I make this final as I don''t want to regret anything later on.

Height off the finger. The height to the top of the engagement ring band looks to be quite different from the height of the wedding ring. It''s just a personal preference thing though.

corgan

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 8:48:49 PM

Height off the finger. The height to the top of the engagement ring band looks to be quite different from the height of the wedding ring. It''s just a personal preference thing though.

O.K I understand now, Do you think it would look better with a curved band and a little bit higher?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 8:51:18 PM
Date: 11/3/2008 8:48:49 PM

O.K I understand now, Do you think it would look better with a curved band and a little bit higher?

Personally I like the bands to be the same height. But I also don''t like curved bands...so if those are the only options I''d probably wear the rings on two hands! But I am probably also in the minority here.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: height... for me, as long as looking DOWN at my finger the rings have the same height, I am okay. So that means they need to be the same thickness at the sides of the bands (i.e., the part between the fingers). It looks like those rings are, and what happens is at the top, the e-ring get higher. I would be okay with that and would choose it over curved any day. Still, I'd want to minimize the difference as much as possible.

corgan

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 9:22:10 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Re: height... for me, as long as looking DOWN at my finger the rings have the same height, I am okay. So that means they need to be the same thickness at the sides of the bands (i.e., the part between the fingers). It looks like those rings are, and what happens is at the top, the e-ring get higher. I would be okay with that and would choose it over curved any day. Still, I''d want to minimize the difference as much as possible.

I am thinking it might have to be this height only or go to a curved band simply because it looks like it is already sitting just below the halo. Are curved bands ugly??? I mean I will want to wear the band separately sometimes and I was concerned a curved band might look funny. Also I think with a straight band it looks like it will minimize rubbing where if it were even I think I would have a lot more damage.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 9:26:36 PM

Re: height... for me, as long as looking DOWN at my finger the rings have the same height, I am okay. So that means they need to be the same thickness at the sides of the bands (i.e., the part between the fingers). It looks like those rings are, and what happens is at the top, the e-ring get higher. I would be okay with that and would choose it over curved any day. Still, I'd want to minimize the difference as much as possible.

I am thinking it might have to be this height only or go to a curved band simply because it looks like it is already sitting just below the halo. Are curved bands ugly??? I mean I will want to wear the band separately sometimes and I was concerned a curved band might look funny. Also I think with a straight band it looks like it will minimize rubbing where if it were even I think I would have a lot more damage.
But are the two bands the same thickness at the sides? I can't tell from the pictures.

I dont' like curved bands personally, but that is just my own preference, there are some stunners here on PS. Check out Pauly's wife's band in SMTR right now. Here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pictures-of-all-the-rings.98830/

corgan

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 11:40:30 PM
Date: 11/3/2008 9:26:36 PM

Re: height... for me, as long as looking DOWN at my finger the rings have the same height, I am okay. So that means they need to be the same thickness at the sides of the bands (i.e., the part between the fingers). It looks like those rings are, and what happens is at the top, the e-ring get higher. I would be okay with that and would choose it over curved any day. Still, I''d want to minimize the difference as much as possible.

But are the two bands the same thickness at the sides? I can''t tell from the pictures.

I dont'' like curved bands personally, but that is just my own preference, there are some stunners here on PS. Check out Pauly''s wife''s band in SMTR right now. Here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pictures-of-all-the-rings.98830/

I sent an e-mail to the designer (Joe) to find out the thickness of the bands, I don''t have that info right now.

I was looking at the Tiffany Legacy on their website which mine is similar to and they have the wedding band shown flush with the halo. Do you think that would look/work better?

corgan

Shiny_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results