clarity

The Cupcake Thread!

lili

Ideal_Rock
steph--
those pumpkins are adorable!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are the cupcakes we made for T''s b-day. Took FIVE hours to decorate...sorry it is not as pretty as all of your pictures! I was in a hurry.

Tessa_cupcake-tower.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2008 8:47:51 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Here are the cupcakes we made for T''s b-day. Took FIVE hours to decorate...sorry it is not as pretty as all of your pictures! I was in a hurry.
They look terrific Tacori!! You did a great job. I can''t believe she''s turning 1. Time sure does fly!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2008 8:47:51 PM

Oh my, Tacori....they turned out great!!! And I love your stand too! I hope she had a blast!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GREAT job Tac and please give my congrats to your Mom too - you both did a fantastic job on the cakes!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 9:33:06 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
Can anyone suggest or post an amazing, moist, tender vanilla (cup)cake recipe that they''ve made themselves and highly recommend? Thanks!

f-d-l

Yes I can - this is my recipe and everyone who has ever tasted it says they are the best cupcakes they have ever eaten. They stay good for days. They are quite heavy and dense, but super moist and delicious, it''s quick and easy and doesn''t use a lot of fiddly ingredients. You''ll have to convert from metric:

Cream together (I use a hand held electric mixer) 175g butter or margarine (I use marg) 175g caster sugar and 1 tsp vanilla essence. Add 3 eggs, 1/2 cup milk and beat, then add 1 1/2 cups self raising flour and fold together (I just beat on low until combined). Place into cupcake papers and cook at 170 degrees celsius (electric fan forced) for 17-18 minutes. I get about 14-15.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/3/2008 5:20:13 AM
Author: MishB

Can anyone suggest or post an amazing, moist, tender vanilla (cup)cake recipe that they've made themselves and highly recommend? Thanks!

f-d-l

Yes I can - this is my recipe and everyone who has ever tasted it says they are the best cupcakes they have ever eaten. They stay good for days. They are quite heavy and dense, but super moist and delicious, it's quick and easy and doesn't use a lot of fiddly ingredients. You'll have to convert from metric:

Cream together (I use a hand held electric mixer) 175g butter or margarine (I use marg) 175g caster sugar and 1 tsp vanilla essence. Add 3 eggs, 1/2 cup milk and beat, then add 1 1/2 cups self raising flour and fold together (I just beat on low until combined). Place into cupcake papers and cook at 170 degrees celsius (electric fan forced) for 17-18 minutes. I get about 14-15.
Would that be US cup measures and is the flour used the same amount in grams? It sounds very similar to a basic British sponge cake recipe which I have used for years - simple but an excellent cake recipe!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lisa, Lor and Steph (HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!!!) Here is a detail shot. The bats were the kids favorite. Massive amount of frosting AND candy...they went fast.

detail_halloween-cuppies.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/3/2008 8:25:22 AM
Thanks Lisa, Lor and Steph (HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!!!) Here is a detail shot. The bats were the kids favorite. Massive amount of frosting AND candy...they went fast.
LOL! Those are excellent and I love the middle ones, really clever!!! Well I love them all but the middle ones are great!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 8:27:14 AM
Author: Lorelei

LOL! Those are excellent and I love the middle ones, really clever!!! Well I love them all but the middle ones are great!

The spider web was the easiest, the bat was the hardest! The "wings" kept falling over so we had to use MASSIVE amount of frosting. The mummy was the last one we did so I kind of rushed them. The body is a lady finger.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 5:30:58 AM

Can anyone suggest or post an amazing, moist, tender vanilla (cup)cake recipe that they''ve made themselves and highly recommend? Thanks!

f-d-l

Yes I can - this is my recipe and everyone who has ever tasted it says they are the best cupcakes they have ever eaten. They stay good for days. They are quite heavy and dense, but super moist and delicious, it''s quick and easy and doesn''t use a lot of fiddly ingredients. You''ll have to convert from metric:

Would that be US cup measures and is the flour used the same amount in grams? It sounds very similar to a basic British sponge cake recipe which I have used for years - simple but an excellent cake recipe!

I cup = 240 mls, whatever that converts to!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I WANT A WALL-E CUPCAKE PLLLLLEEEAAASSEEEE?!?!!?!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 11:23:32 AM
Author: dragonfly411
I WANT A WALL-E CUPCAKE PLLLLLEEEAAASSEEEE?!?!!?!

Haha, sure come on over! You''re in Florida right? Oh, but sadly they have all been eaten up, I will have to make another batch!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2008 4:23:03 PM
Author: lili
steph--

those pumpkins are adorable!

Thank you! The little ones really liked them. They were waaayyy to sugary for me, but they look cute!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Steph and Tacori those cupcakes look YUMMY! I think those Reeces cups as bats was so creative Tacori!!! Awesome job, ladies!!! Happy Birthday Tessa, Steph and Andrew
36.gif
36.gif

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock

Tacori, I just had to log in to tell you how AWESOME those cupcakes look! Mmm, those Reese''s bats in particular are making me hungry...
3.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
i know this is the cupcake thread (and can i just say Oh my!!! u ladies are just talented with all ur baking/decorating!!)...but to completely thread jack this as i didnt want to start a whole new thread for this question...

Can anyone give me a simple yet juicy recipe for chocolate chip cookies??? thanks in advance!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
We made some Halloween cuppies! of course they are not the pro kind posted on this thread!
28.gif
They were fun all the same!

halloweencuppies2.JPG

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 11:51:58 PM
Author: msb700
i know this is the cupcake thread (and can i just say Oh my!!! u ladies are just talented with all ur baking/decorating!!)...but to completely thread jack this as i didnt want to start a whole new thread for this question...

Can anyone give me a simple yet juicy recipe for chocolate chip cookies??? thanks in advance!!
I have the best recipe! I can''t find it online so I''ll have to dig through my scraps of paper in the cookbook! I''ll go look!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Miranda those cuppies look deeeee-lish!!

(thanks so much! cant wait for the recipe!! id love to bake some tonight...)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 12:21:29 AM
Author: Miranda
We made some Halloween cuppies! of course they are not the pro kind posted on this thread!
28.gif
YUM and Pretty!!!!!! Great job!!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 12:21:29 AM
Author: Miranda
28.gif
OMG! They are beautiful! I think they look very professional and yummy too!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Steph and Skippy!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 4:36:07 AM
Date: 11/3/2008 5:30:58 AM
f-d-l

I cup = 240 mls, whatever that converts to!
Just a FYI. You can''t directly translate grams into cup measurements, because it''s weight into volume, and different items weigh different amounts (water is the only thing this can really be done with because a pint = pound, period) but other ingredients have different masses.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Tacori those are the cutest cupcakes ever!!! I love the mummy! I totally wanted to do spider webs on some of my Halloween ones, but I ended up just using fondant ghosts and bats and stuff. I never have enough time to do everything I want! It's funny because I did a bunch of Halloween related orders but they were mostly for birthday and fun events so no one really wanted super Halloweeny stuff. One batch was strawberry with cream cheese and I was like how do I make these look spooky? NAH I just put white ghosts and made them look cute.
3.gif

re: Vanilla Cupcakes...I have tried a bunch of recipes and I have my own, but it's still not my fave. There are so many out there!! I made maple pecan cupcakes last nite which were yummy but I really am happy with my latest butter cake cupcake with bittersweet chocolate frosting, this was a huge hit at work today! I used a recipe I found online for the butter cupcake that used yogurt (interesting for sure)...but there is a CI recipe I want to try out next.

Oh and random note but I broke my KA last spring making brioche and I am finally getting another one this wkd, the grass green one from WS. Can't wait!

2nd random note, but for the best chocolate chip cookes I have made in a long time... the Doubletree Chocolate Chip cookies..the recipe is online, just Google for it. They are AMAZING. Make sure to use one of the recipes with lemon juice in it and underbake by 1-2 minutes.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Miranda/Mara: thank u so much ladies for the recipes! I tried one last nite, even though they came out nice, i wasn''t too happy..the cookies were too thick in the center (they didnt spread out as much in the oven)....will give these new recipes a try :)

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Mara or anyone from the Bay Area
I know you live in the South Bay, but do you know of any good cupcake bakery in East Bay (Oakland/Berkeley area)? I am thinking of getting cupcakes for DD's dinner party. I grew up in the East Bay, but cupcakes were a big hit then. So I don't know of any place to order from. I am also considering making them myself. Or do you deliver to the East Bay
31.gif
2.gif
? hehe.

If I do make them myself, I want to make:
1. Chocolate cupcake with raspberry frosting
2. Vanilla cupcake with lemon frosting
3. Green tea cupcake with green tea frosting

Anyone have recipes for raspberry frosting and lemon frosting? Thanks.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Qtiekiki - I don''t know of any places in the East bay but I''m pretty sure both Sprinkles and Kara''s in Palo Alto can deliver. I tried Sprinkles when they first opened, thought they were really good, but then got to try Kara''s a week later - OMG - soooooo fabulous!!!!! Give them a call and see if they can deliver for you, it''s so worth it
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2008 11:53:31 AM
Author: asscher_girl
Hi Qtiekiki - I don''t know of any places in the East bay but I''m pretty sure both Sprinkles and Kara''s in Palo Alto can deliver. I tried Sprinkles when they first opened, thought they were really good, but then got to try Kara''s a week later - OMG - soooooo fabulous!!!!! Give them a call and see if they can deliver for you, it''s so worth it
1.gif

Kara''s is sooo good. We had Kara''s cupcakes for our wedding. We had a courier service deliver ours from the one in Ghiardelli Square to our wedding. It was a very smooth process.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results