shape
carat
color
clarity

Mandarin Spessartite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
What do you guys think of this ebay find? It''s 2.38 and this is the only photo. What would you pay for it?
I really like it... it looks like candy!
Thanks!

spesspw.JPG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the colour, but something seems . . . off . . . with the photo. I would see if I could get more pics of it, if at all possible.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
forgot the link:
http://tinyurl.com/5sqjsj

Lauren, I''m a total novice at gemstone buying so can you elaborate as to what makes you think something is off? The lack of a minimum bid had me scratching my head so I''m sure there is something up with it.

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
I saw that the seller has a 98.2 feedback rating, so I went and looked through it. Though he has many positives, several positives are actually negatives, complaints that the stones are not as described, or not as they appear in the picture. Personally, I wouldn''t buy from this seller, just because of the tone of his feedback. That''s JMHO though
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I asked a few pros to look at his ''Paraibas,'' one of whom spoke with him. The resounding answer was to stay away from him.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who is it? Duh, I see the name in the link listing. Oh yes, I think this vendor's pictures always look "too good to be true."

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all! I had a feeling it was too good to be true and you know what they say about that...
That color is what reeled me in. Ah well!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Paulaw,
I''m not sure what your budget is, but there are juicier spessartites out there.
1.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
if the stone is as pictured, it wouldn''t be on ebay but would be selling for a fixed price of around $1800 possibly a bit less.

movie zombie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it is indeed as pictured, that''s a wonderfully coloured spess. IF...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
and that''s a huge if If IF

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results