shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 20th October till 26th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!We had another busy day.I worked on laundry most of the day.We ran down to the outlet mall to pick up my ring.I like it but I think it’s too big.I should always have them check the size when I pick up a ring but I never think of it until later.Rats.I will post pictures in SMTR tonight if I get time.
We stopped at Whole Foods and picked up meat, cheese, fruit and veggies.We took a cooler and bought some ice so we could get it home okay.
Marty cooked lemon chicken on the grill for supper and we had some rice with it.
Appletini, I wish someone would wash my car. I bet your car looks great.
SanDiegoLady, I am a stress eater but all we can do is try.I am glad you stuck to your plan in spite of a stressful night at work.
Skippy, I am glad you had nice weather for a walk and a bike ride.It was pretty chilly here today.Tomorrow is warming up a little bit again though.
Zoe, that is great news that your dad is home now.I hope he rests up instead of going right back to work but sometimes that is hard to do.
Asschers, I would love the recipe for wheat dough.I am glad you had a less stressful day.
Linda, how are you doing, Sweet Lady?
DeeJay, LOL at a whole flock.I hope you don’t explode – what a mess and you will freak out Demon and Oscar.
1.gif

Kimi, I need a day home to get some house work done.I am glad your house is all shiny and clean.
PrincessDijon, sometimes we just need a splurge day.Yippee for such a long jog.
Diva, yummy to blueberry muffins.
3.gif

CrownJewel, my mom has one of those oxygen readers she puts on her fingers.I started taking my oxygen rate whenever I visited my parents because I used to get bronchitis so frequently.That is great your cough went away.What a terrific workout you had.
Lorelei, rats for pants weather.Woo hoo for your snuggly warm clothes still fit.
Welcome Merrymunky!

Well my dryer buzzer is being insistent that it wants attention.
Laters,
35.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........

It''s been the first weekend Charlie and I''ve had together in a couple months, so no check in yesterday. We really just had a quiet relaxing day. The weather was beautiful the entire weekend. We had Sushi last night, rented a movie (Sordid Lives - it''s so funny) and just relaxed. Today we had a pretty normal Sunday. Breafkast on the terrace, lunch at Panera, coffee under the oak, followed by a really long and productive workout at the gym. It was fun to have Charlie at the gym with me for a change. Dinner was fresh baked salmon, steamed shrimp, fresh brocolli and some silver queen corn. It was a really nice dinner for sure. Of course we had a cup of coffee afterwards at Sbucks. That was about it.

Skippy, thank for the who''s who. I just wrote a book there, so if anyones interested, please feel free to check it out. It''s of course too long and too much information (TMI), but when have I ever been short on words.......LOL

HOW FANTASTIC MARCY!!!!! Not only did you lose weight and look fabulous, but look at what''s happened inside. I''m so proud of you!! And btw., it''s usually a good idea to let someone go right after they''ve given notice because once someone has resigned it''s hard on those who are staying and the person who resigned can bring morale down so much.

Hey everyone else. I''m all written out after writing my mini-life story on the who''s who. I hope you all had a great weekend. I certainly did. I''ll see you in next week''s thread. Tomorrow''s not a gym night. It''s Monday and Charlie''s off, so we''re doing our normal Sushi night at favorite sushi place #2.

Sleep well everyone!!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Marcy- Here it is:

PIZZA DOUGH

2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups flour (I use all wheat flour) 2 1/4 teaspoons (1 packet) Red Star or Quick Rise yeast
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper 1 cup water (hot)

In medium mixing bowl, combine 1 cup flour, yeast, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; mix well. Add water to flour mixture. Mix by hand until almost smooth. Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on floured surface 2 to 3 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic. Cover dough; let rest 15 minutes.

I usually put the oven on 250 degrees then put the bowl with the dough in it ontop of the stove. The heat helps it rise faster.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod, I can’t believe the mental changes that I have gone through – I think they are more dramatic than the changes everyone can see.I still love my sweets but they are something I now enjoy in moderation.I am delighted you and Charlie had a nice weekend together.It’s tough when you work different days and hours.

Asscher, your pizza dough recipe looks yummy.I will give it a try.Thanks.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Monday Everyone.

As promised, I am in here to tell you all a little bit more about my current position, my mission and what I am currently doing to achieve success.

Ok, so I have been telling myself for years that enough is enough. However, I finally realise that it is now or never. I am 28 and find it hard to bend over, because of the tyre round my middle. I have trouble walking anywhere because I get excruciating back ache. I have never considered myself to be exceptionally pretty or anything, but now when I look in the mirror, all I see is a disgusting blob. I have issues with getting to know people as a result of low self esteem. No one wants to befriend the fat, ugly woman right?

I am engaged to a wonderful guy, yet I don't feel worthy. And I certainly do not feel worthy of a beautiful wedding gown, not like this.

I have always been on the chunky/stocky side. My mum is 4'10" and considers herself to be "dumpy". I think she is perfect, but she has issues too. I have her body shape, but luckily I am 5'5", evened out in the height stakes as my Dad is 6'1". He is not a big guy. Both my brothers are slender. So why did I inherit the fat gene? Unlucky. At school I thought I was disgusting, but in actual fact I was just chunky. I was very active and healthy. I was on the netball team, the rounders team, did tennis lessons and always participted in field events in sports days. When I left school I got lazy.

Then university happened and along came the drinking and the bad eating habits. They got worse and through uni I started to put on even more weight. During that time I got into a bad relationship with a guy who stripped me of all my self confidence, he took away all my friends and made me feel like I was going crazy (a long story which I will not dwell on here) But as a result of this relationship, I found myself moving to the other end of the country, back to my Mum's at the age of 21 in 2001.

I met my fiance in February 2002. I was happier than I had been in years, yet the bad habits refused to dwindle. In that 7 years I have put on even more weight. It has got to the point where I feel horrid all the time. I have lived through 28 years of snide remarks from people in the street, as well as feeling like the odd one out everytime I mix with people. I need to boost my confidence. I used to be very outgoing but now I hate people looking at me.

I have tried to lose weight in the past. The most successful I have been was back in 2003 when I joined Weight Watchers with my fiance's mother. I lost almost 2 stone and felt great. At that time my starting weight has been 17 stone. I promised myself I would never get any bigger than that, yet since then I put on all that weight again and about 4 stone on top. So once again, faiulre.

I am now left in a state of fear. Fear of failure to lose the weight, fear that the weight my overcome me and I will become very ill. I have little will power and self control.

This is why I am now planning out my food for the week in advance. This time I intend to stick to it. I will be following the weight watchers point system as much as I can for now, till I can join meetings again,

Along with a work colleague, I joined the gym earlier this year. I started with good intentions, attending four times a week. I really felt the benefit, especiialy to my back. I found I could walk much further than I had been able to in ages. However, this dwindled again until I stopped going altogether. I recently changed jobs which makes it harder to get to the gym as the school I work at is a lot further away from the gym and I don't drive. The gym is only a five minute walk away from my old school. I live in a huge town so it is a long way to any of the nearest gyms to my current place of employment. I could get the bus there after work and meet my old work colleague, so I shouldn't really make excuses.

So here I am, looking for some advice, encouragement and support.

Currently I am making up my eating plans for the week in advance. As of this morning I started following a plan. It is stuck to one of the kitchen cupboards. I have weighed myself to get my start weight. I want to take it a stone at a time (14lbs). I will alow myself points left over for a small treat each day. When I folllowed WW before I allowed myself low fat crisps and a fun sized packet of mateasers every day and still lost weight. I CANNOT deprive myself otherwise I will set myself up for failure.

I will also endeavor to start exercising again. For now the Wii Fit will have to do until I get back to the gym!

WOAH, long rant. Sorry to have gone on. Just felt I needed to get some of my thoughts off my chest!

Thanks for reading.

OMG

Rough_Rock
Here I am Skippy123 - hope I can be of assistance to everyone. I am not on every single day - so please forgive if I do not get back to you all really fast. You can check out my little blurb about myself in the weightloss topid in BWW

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results