shape
carat
color
clarity

Yay!! We''re engaged!! Proposal on a summit between St. Moritz and Klosters (ring pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
spectacular! Looks huge!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, I love that setting! Congratulations on your engagement!

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Thank you guys for all your congratulations!!!!
35.gif

Good eye frekechild, it is the Varna st-122. I so love how it is such a classic ring from the top view with a completely unique twist once you see it from other views. Very happy! :) And yes, the diamond is a 1.31ct and does look big because of the great cut!!

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 7:12:11 PM
Author: FrekeChild
The shank measures 2.5mm if it''s anything like the Varna st-105 (this is the st-122 fyi). I''m guessing the stone is probably around the 6-7mm mark.

There has been another poster with a very similar ring...Divergent Reality''s FI''s Varna

Here is brightstone''s original thread asking about the Memoire, which states that the diamond is a 1.31 ct diamond.

Yeah, this other similar one is the Varna st-105. Mine is the st-122.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Love the ring! So different, yet still beautiful and classic!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pictures, proposal and ring. Congratulations!!!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! Beautiful proposal spot!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!!! Beautiful ring!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Sweet proposal and Gorgeous ring. I love the two diamonds on the side. Such a neat setting.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations - gorgeous gorgeous ring
30.gif
30.gif

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 6:34:07 PM
Author: ysj99
gorgeous ring! the diamond looks like a 2ct on your finger! may i ask what ring size you wear for reference?
Hi YsJ99, my ring size is 5 1/2. My ring ends up being lose in the cold and tight in the heat....but will never fall off because my knuckle is big :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful on your hand. Congrats!

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 5:21:31 PM
Author: beau13
I just knew it was a Varna..I looked at the setting for my diamond months ago, and tried to find someone on PS who had pics of this ring. I guess you are the first! It''s beautiful..Congrats on your engagement! I vote for the contessa band to go with this beauty!!
Here are pics of the Varna Contessa wedding band that has the same band shape as my e-ring. I''ll post a pic of it alone, and then a pic of it with a different but similar e-ring (the Varna Contessa E-ring). Then I''ll post a pic of the Memoire purity w-band. So, it''s btw these two w-bands. thoughts? I guess it would help to have pics with my actual e-ring....

Contessa WB Solo.JPG

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Memoire purity

mempur1.JPG

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
pic of the varna contessa w-band with a diff varna e-ring (prongs are more square on this e-ring than mine)

Varna Contessa WB.JPG

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
The photo of the summit, the stone and the ring..................THEY ALL KICK IT SOMETHING FIERCE.......!!! Well done hubby to be for pullling all that off............he certainly has set the bar high right off the bat......

Congratulations
36.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous Ring!

Congrats!!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! Beautiful ring!
36.gif
I love the setting - and I would totally go for the memoire purity band!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful! I too would go with the memoire purity band- more bling!
1.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the Memoire band would be stunning with your ring! The other one is a bit too plain for me.

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
congrats and beautiful ring!!

joyfulbarry

Rough_Rock
Congratulations Brightstone! I think your engagement ring is absolutely GORGEOUS. In fact, I lurk the boards in search of ideas for my engagement ring and I had completely decided on a different setting a while back, but your ring has really made me rethink my choice. Unfortunately there isn''t a Varna dealer in Ohio (where I live). Now I''m really conflicted.... I haven''t been able to stop thinking about your ring since seeing it early this morning. I love that it is a classic solitaire, really shows off the diamond, and then has the surprise diamonds and a beautiful profile. I think it is perfection!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

krockie

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful! I love those side diamonds facing out.

I vote for the Memoire Purity band, I think it would be a nice complement to the e-ring.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Youre ring is absolutely stunning
30.gif
And as many have said, the diamond looks huge in all those pictures! I vote for the purity wedding band as well, so sparkly!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
What beautiful pictures!!!! Congratulations. Your ring looks simply delightful!
36.gif

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
your ring is beautiful! congratulations!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! It looks like you had a wonderful proposal. What a perfect setting. Your ring is gorgeous too--that stone looks like it must sparkle like crazy. It''s beautiful!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring and great place to propose!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Brightstone,

I just wanted to tell you that I am in love with your engagement ring! It''s absolutely stunning and so different from others I have seen! I want, I want!
emsmilep.gif

Congratulations on your engagement, what a beautiful place for a proposal!

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 10:09:50 AM
Author: brightstone

Date: 10/7/2008 5:21:31 PM
Author: beau13
I just knew it was a Varna..I looked at the setting for my diamond months ago, and tried to find someone on PS who had pics of this ring. I guess you are the first! It''s beautiful..Congrats on your engagement! I vote for the contessa band to go with this beauty!!
Here are pics of the Varna Contessa wedding band that has the same band shape as my e-ring. I''ll post a pic of it alone, and then a pic of it with a different but similar e-ring (the Varna Contessa E-ring). Then I''ll post a pic of the Memoire purity w-band. So, it''s btw these two w-bands. thoughts? I guess it would help to have pics with my actual e-ring....
Congrats on your engagement and gorgeous ring!
30.gif
I''ve always admired that setting. As for w-band, I''d probably go with the memoire purity because of the bling factor! but both would look great...let us know what you decide!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results