shape
carat
color
clarity

Tory Burch Reva flats....comfy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there! Just wondering how comfy the Reva flats are with that elastic in the back? I need some new flats for work and I''m thinking about buying these....I haven''t tried them on yet, but you can''t really tell how comfy a shoe will be after a full day in them from just trying on, so I thought I would check out any opinions over here....

TIA!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
They hurt my feet. I have narrow, bony, feet and the elastic was too stiff.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Way too flat for me--absolutely no arch support.

cheers--Sharon

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to both of you!! I think I''ll opt out of the Reva''s, I think that elastic would hurt my heel too. Now I have my eye on these puppies on ebay....

burberryflatsebay.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll be the dissentor here, I LOVE THEM! I have three pairs. I don't love the patent ones, they hurt a bit, but the buttery soft leather ones are fabulous.

Carrots

Shiny_Rock
i agree with neat. i had the patent and soft leather. (have since donated) i preferred the soft leather. oh, one thing... get a half size larger. i''m usually a 5.5-6. i got the 6.5 and they were uber comfy and felt as light as ballet slippers.

then, again, those burberry''s you have your eye on look sweet too. but, i''ve never owned a pair of burberry flats... i do have burberry scarfs, coats, handbags, and headbands. hmmm... maybe i should complete the collection. lol

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 6:33:53 PM
Author: neatfreak
I''ll be the dissentor here, I LOVE THEM! I have three pairs. I don''t love the patent ones, they hurt a bit, but the buttery soft leather ones are fabulous.
haha thanks neatfreak :) i was looking at the patent ones actually. i''m afraid that up here in the winter the leather ones will start to look crappy more quickly than the patent ones....no matter how hard i avoid going outside in snow and slush in my nice shoes, it always happens!! Plus I''m slightly obsessed with patent leather, it''s my favorite shoe material particularly for work...

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 6:46:02 PM
Author: Carrots
i agree with neat. i had the patent and soft leather. (have since donated) i preferred the soft leather. oh, one thing... get a half size larger. i''m usually a 5.5-6. i got the 6.5 and they were uber comfy and felt as light as ballet slippers.

then, again, those burberry''s you have your eye on look sweet too. but, i''ve never owned a pair of burberry flats... i do have burberry scarfs, coats, handbags, and headbands. hmmm... maybe i should complete the collection. lol
Thanks for chiming in carrots
1.gif
Thanks for the tip on the sizing, I''m trying to figure out if that would apply to the Burberrys too, seller is saying their gf has a pair and they were tight at first but stretched out so just trying to figure out what that means....probably safer to go 1/2 size up from my normal size and put some pads in the heels if they end up a teensy bit big....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 6:49:50 PM
Author: karasue91
Date: 10/22/2008 6:33:53 PM

I''ll be the dissentor here, I LOVE THEM! I have three pairs. I don''t love the patent ones, they hurt a bit, but the buttery soft leather ones are fabulous.

haha thanks neatfreak :) i was looking at the patent ones actually. i''m afraid that up here in the winter the leather ones will start to look crappy more quickly than the patent ones....no matter how hard i avoid going outside in snow and slush in my nice shoes, it always happens!! Plus I''m slightly obsessed with patent leather, it''s my favorite shoe material particularly for work...

I wear mine all winter anyway and I live in Wisconsin, lol. Probably isn''t great for them, but I just waterproof the heck out of them a few times a season. It''s worked so far!

I love the *look* of patent, but they are never comfortable on my feet...

golden

Shiny_Rock
I actually just bought the Tory Burch Reva last week (in brown suede, known as coconut) and I really like them...I wear flats all the time, I usually wear the Chanel ballet flats and unlike the Chanel flat, the Tory Burch has a rubber sole. I have very narrow and boney feet and I didn''t have any problems with the Reva flat at all, no problems with the elastic in the back either. I would try them on if I were you, I find them to be really comfortable!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
As for support, they''re not bad..but I think mine are too big or maybe I just walk really screwed up, but I have HORRIBLE blisters when I wear them.
39.gif
Feels like a big waste of money. They''re so cute though! I am going to try stuffing the side with cotton balls or something to make them fit better..
33.gif

Carrots

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 7:19:03 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
As for support, they''re not bad..but I think mine are too big or maybe I just walk really screwed up, but I have HORRIBLE blisters when I wear them.
39.gif
Feels like a big waste of money. They''re so cute though! I am going to try stuffing the side with cotton balls or something to make them fit better..
33.gif

Blisters?! That sucks.

I can''t say that I''ve gotten that from my TBs. But, I''ve never really been on them for longer four hours. To put that in perspective, going to them to the movies is only 30 mins on them because I''m sitting most of the time. Now, if I worked retail, I could imagine the pounding my poor feet would have. I do know, that if you I''m on anything without support for more than four hours, I get the same reaction... especially with flip flops. But, that''s just the way my feet were formed when I was born. Or, I consume myself with alcohol and forget how bad my feet hurt, like when I go clubbing in 4-in stilettos. lol.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
39.gif
33.gif

Huh I guess that just goes to show you how different all of our feet are. I never get blisters with mine. I was told with the leather ones to get a 1/2 size smaller than usual and it worked well for me.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I find them not too comfy once I start to wear them they do hurt. But they are cute.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm ok i''m convinced i need to at least try them on...

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 9:47:49 PM

39.gif
33.gif

Huh I guess that just goes to show you how different all of our feet are. I never get blisters with mine. I was told with the leather ones to get a 1/2 size smaller than usual and it worked well for me.

I think it''s a combo of my foot and the way I walk.
14.gif
I really wish they fit better!
7.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 6:09:14 PM
Author: karasue91
Thanks to both of you!! I think I''ll opt out of the Reva''s, I think that elastic would hurt my heel too. Now I have my eye on these puppies on ebay....

Karasue, I own those and they are nice. Reva''s are not too comfy but I think they are cute.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks diamondfan!! I didn''t win the bid but I saved the search on Ebay....any recommendations on sizing? I usually wear either an 8 or 8.5 so I''m torn between which size I should buy...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results