shape
carat
color
clarity

Which workouts work for you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Is anyone else a workout program junkie? In the history of my weight loss, I have tried countless workout programs ranging from Slim In Six to Winsor Pilates and Yoga. I have always found it so difficult to stick to one regime since I get bored pretty easily. So I thought it would be interesting to hear about what other ladies (and gents) have tried and what they feel has been the most effective for them!

The thing I stuck to longest was Yoga. It was great but I haven''t done it in a really long time. I used these Kathy Smith DVDs that were amazing (I highly recommend!)

I have an elliptical to fall back on (you can burn 500c in 30 minutes!) but I get bored with that after a while. At least it''s tried and true.

Most recently, I bought the Biggest Loser DVD and have used it for the past week. I LOVE it! I have noticed a HUGE difference. The workouts are simple and the time goes really quick (I think the workouts are a little longer than 30 minutes.) It helps that I''m a huge fan of the show (I get to workout with Bob!)

Please share what works for you!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Biggets Loser Cardio DVD
Jillian Michaels 30 day shred
Billy Banks Cardio Bootcamp (tae bo / kickboxing)
Core Rhythems Dance Workout ( I love this)
Prevention''s Boost your Metabolism with Kickboxing
I do Namaste Yoga and yoga today whenever I have time
Shimmy (fit tv)
Cathe on Fit TV
Gilad on Fit TV

I rotate between all of these depending on my moods. I also do 150-200 crunches, 25 lunges right and left 25 squats 25 plies and 25 curtsies every day.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Dragonfly411! Your workout collection sounds just as extensive as mine! Yeah, rotating is a great idea. How''s that cardio edition of Biggest Loser?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
The cardio edition has three levels, each level is harder. The first level has things like jumping lunges, side lunges, some kickboxing moves, jumping jacks, jump rope, constant movement. It adds weights to work your body that much more, but you are constantly constantly moving, which is the whole point. My friend and I are addicted to this!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! It sounds great! I might have to add this to my collection...heeheehee

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
I primarily do weights and cardio, with 1 day of Ashtanga yoga throw in.

Weights are generally on the heavy side, reps of 6-10. Usually full body workouts.

Cardio varies, but mostly the treadmill and upright bike. I do steady state, intervals, and high intensity intervals.

I''d caution against listening to the calorie counts that cardio machines give you - they tend to overestimate (for some reason I find the elliptical is particularly bad for this, giving me readings of things like 600 cals etc)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results