shape
carat
color
clarity

Want to help??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
My sister got engaged Saturday! I am MOH and am so excited to help plan. She told me to go ahead and start looking for bridesmaids dresses, so I thought I''d see if you experienced gals were bored at work/home and wanted to help me! She wants navy blue tea length dresses (colors are red and navy). She really likes the look of this J.Crew dress but wishes it wasn''t so expensive. Straps are also an issue as one of her bridesmaids has a big chest (tiny waist, huge boobs) that causes some issues with most straps.

I''m excited to see what you can help find! :)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I would suggest looking at halter''s maybe for the sake of the girl with a bigger chest? The halter''s tend to fit well and offer the support needed

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
My bridesmaids dresses were tealength midnight blue chiffon from WToo (a line from Watters), and the girls loved them. They each chose a different dress style, so they all looked their best. If you''d like to see them on their website, the style numbers are 336, 204, 130 and 532. The chiffon looks great in person and in pics, and was very flattering. Here they are in one of the few pro shots we have so far:

ladypro13.jpg

And one taken by a family member during portraits:

tealengthblue.jpg

muffindowd

Shiny_Rock
I know J. Crew dresses are expensive, but my bridesmaids wore them!! They all got them on Ebay, that''s right!! The dresses are great, super adorable, and all of my girls LOVED them.
Assuming your sister''s wedding won''t be for awhile, you have plenty of time to troll Ebay for the perfect sizes. One of my bridesmaids wasn''t so lucky and didn''t find her size in black on Ebay, but J. Crew does have sales every now and then. She got 20% off her dress and free shipping ordering online!! Good luck!!

muffinbridesmaids.jpg

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
My friend had us wear navy dresses for her wedding as well. We got them from aria (www.ariadress.com). Two of us had strapless dresses, two wore v-necks and the MOH wore a halter. It was nice because all of the dresses were cute from the same fabric, just in different styles. I used them for my wedding too, but had teal dresses. You can get ties made from the same fabrice too! Sorry I don''t have a picture of it with me right now, but there are lots of pictures in the gallery on their website.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is expensive. I wore this dress to a wedding as a program hander-outer and loved it:
http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_detail.jsp?stid=3332&prodgroup=110
It's tea length, and fairly inexpensive as far as bridesmaids dresses go. They also have sashes and underskirts you can get in different colors - you can make pretty much any combination you want. Mine was just the dark pink color, no sash or anything, but I also wasn't an "attendant." It was really comfortable - I'm not "big chested" but not small either - fairly athletic build, but I think it'd wear nicely on any size. And the halter straps are always nice for helping hold up the "girls."
2.gif

ETA: Hmm i just saw the picture again online and I know it hits the top of the model's knee, but it hit the bottom of mine - you couldn't see my knees.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
My girls will be wearing the JCrew silk chiffon Juliet Dress and we got them on final clearance for $99 which I dont think is bad at all for a dress that can be worn again and again!

muffindowd

Shiny_Rock
I agree with you Allie!! We had originally decided on these $50 basic black A-line dresses I found on Amazon.com. They weren''t exciting or anything, but they were inexpensive and a black A-line dress like I pictured. Well, one of my lovely bridesmaids spoke up and said they would rather buy a more expensive dress that they can wear again and again. The girls all loved their dresses from J. Crew, we know they are great quality, and they were able to find them on Ebay for a deep discount.
I would keep my eye on sales and Ebay and spring for the J. Crew dresses...they are really classic and chic and can definitely be worn time and time again.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
So, looking back at the JCrew dress your sis likes, I would voice one concern. I don''t know how you ladies are built, but on me every single dress I''ve ever tried on with that style of skirt has made me look frumpy and pregnant. Even DH, who always gravitates towards those styles, has given me the look of "hell no, sorry I made you try it" when I''ve walked out of dressing rooms. I''m all for price shopping to make them affordable if that''s what you guys love, but definitely have the girls try them on if they can before committing!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
ladyciel, how much do the WToo dresses run? I''m also doing some sort of undecided-as-of-now deep blue (midnight? royal? navy?) and they''re not easy to find without breaking the bank!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 7:11:40 PM
Author: Octavia
ladyciel, how much do the WToo dresses run? I''m also doing some sort of undecided-as-of-now deep blue (midnight? royal? navy?) and they''re not easy to find without breaking the bank!
I don''t remember exactly how much they cost at the local bridal shops, but we got them each for about 150 after shipping through Pearl''s Place. I highly recommend them - I ordered my wedding dress with them as well, and all the dresses, including mine, came exactly when they said they would (or sooner). All you do is call them with the brand and style number and they''re happy to give you quotes over the phone.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
While I love the J.Crew dresses too they can be pricey...I really like the Watters bridesmaids dresses, they have a lot of options and colors.

Another option is possibly a dress from Nordstrom''s or something. They often have similar dresses to that J.Crew one and navy is such a basic color it should be easy to find.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
We haven''t completely dismissed that J.Crew dress because we know that is is definitely wearable again, however if we can find cheaper ones that we all like- that would be great too!

Ladyciel- you have the same concern as I do. I think I may end up looking pregnant in that J.Crew dress I linked. However, there would be a possibility for me to wear something different as the MOH. I would like to try one on and see if I do look pregnant like I think I will! That would NOT be good!
1.gif

Thanks for all of your ideas/inputs/advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results