shape
carat
color
clarity

I helped the economy by upgrading!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo. . . I had to go into a local jeweler today about a repair. To my complete astonishment, they have just started selling HOF! I tried my very best not to go look at their counter but gravity kept pulling me over. Front and center was your mounting - and it was in yellow gold! Nothing would do but for them to get it out so I could look at it. WOW! It was just beautiful and looked very nice with my Etoile band. Dang it!! I wanted to hate it but all I could do was stare!

However, the existing head on the mounting was small. My stone is a 2.22 and looked as though it would overshadow at least the first sidestones. The sales lady said they could put a bigger, taller head on the mounting so the stone would set up above the sidestones. I just couldn''t visualize that and couldn''t imagine that it would look good.

So, after all of that rambling, my question is since they put another head on your mounting, did they separate the ring somehow so that there was more space for your larger stone? Do they make the mounting to accomodate different size center stones? I didn''t think to ask them when I was there and was just wondering how they worked it out for you RisingSun.

It was gorgeous to be sure - I just hated that I liked it so much!!
39.gif
39.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2008 8:27:12 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Sooo. . . I had to go into a local jeweler today about a repair. To my complete astonishment, they have just started selling HOF! I tried my very best not to go look at their counter but gravity kept pulling me over. Front and center was your mounting - and it was in yellow gold! Nothing would do but for them to get it out so I could look at it. WOW! It was just beautiful and looked very nice with my Etoile band. Dang it!! I wanted to hate it but all I could do was stare!

However, the existing head on the mounting was small. My stone is a 2.22 and looked as though it would overshadow at least the first sidestones. The sales lady said they could put a bigger, taller head on the mounting so the stone would set up above the sidestones. I just couldn't visualize that and couldn't imagine that it would look good.

So, after all of that rambling, my question is since they put another head on your mounting, did they separate the ring somehow so that there was more space for your larger stone? Do they make the mounting to accomodate different size center stones? I didn't think to ask them when I was there and was just wondering how they worked it out for you RisingSun.

It was gorgeous to be sure - I just hated that I liked it so much!!
39.gif
39.gif
Don't hate that you liked it
9.gif
They didn't separate the ring to accomodate the larger head. I suppose that looking at the ring straight on, the center stone does overshadow the first two sidestones a bit. Wearing the ring, however, your hand is in motion, so you often see the ring at a tilt and see all of the diamonds. It hasn't been bothersome to me. I have another pic, so let's take a look...

ring on deck 007b.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Super close-up....I know that most people prefer a lower, more swoopy head. I must say that, in person, the higher head I had before looks lovely and gives the center stone some "breathing" room. Of course you can always get larger side stones
30.gif

ring on deck 007 macro.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 1:16:38 AM
Author: risingsun
Date: 10/6/2008 11:56:29 PM

Author: thing2of2

It''s GORGEOUS! Wow! I''ve always loved your setting and wedding band, too-they''re really stunning! It looks perfect on you! What size ring do you wear? (Your fingers look super tiny!) Congratulations and wear it in good health!

P.S. Did you trade it in at a local jeweler? Was that better than trading it in with WF? Just being nosy so feel free to ignore me!
3.gif
Let''s just say I have been a very good customer over the years and my local jeweler has been generous with my trade-ins. I was such a regular last summer that they gave me a bouquet of flowers for excellent attendance
10.gif
I was actually choosing between a WF ACA and the HOF. I guess you could say that he sold me on his diamond and I sold him on mine...a happy ending to the story
16.gif

ETA: My ring size is 4.5

Hahaha, it helps to be a regular! I love that you got a bouquet for excellent attendance!

And I knew you must have tiny paws! Why does a 4.5 look so much smaller than my 5.25? I guess it doesn''t hurt that your diamond is bigger than mine!
3.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2008 11:53:09 PM

Date: 10/7/2008 1:16:38 AM

Date: 10/6/2008 11:56:29 PM

It''s GORGEOUS! Wow! I''ve always loved your setting and wedding band, too-they''re really stunning! It looks perfect on you! What size ring do you wear? (Your fingers look super tiny!) Congratulations and wear it in good health!

P.S. Did you trade it in at a local jeweler? Was that better than trading it in with WF? Just being nosy so feel free to ignore me!
3.gif
Let''s just say I have been a very good customer over the years and my local jeweler has been generous with my trade-ins. I was such a regular last summer that they gave me a bouquet of flowers for excellent attendance
10.gif
I was actually choosing between a WF ACA and the HOF. I guess you could say that he sold me on his diamond and I sold him on mine...a happy ending to the story
16.gif

ETA: My ring size is 4.5

Hahaha, it helps to be a regular! I love that you got a bouquet for excellent attendance!

And I knew you must have tiny paws! Why does a 4.5 look so much smaller than my 5.25? I guess it doesn''t hurt that your diamond is bigger than mine!
3.gif
You are too funny
9.gif
Your "paws" are still quite small, ya know. Here are the flowers I received this week from my jeweler. A thank you/congrats gift for my newest purchase. Enjoy!

Thank you flowers 006a.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I am thinking in terms of my current setting. The two side stones are a bit tucked under the center. I guess the design of the HOF ring is different; the center stones sets above the side stones in the ering.

I was just blown away by the setting - it is truly beautiful! As with their bracelet that I just got, the design of their rings is very well thought out. It just really flows together rather than looking like four stones plopped in with a center stone in the middle.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YOWZA that is gorgeous!
30.gif
I like you user name Rising sun. YOur ring is certainly like a rising sun full of SUNShINE!!
emhot.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 7:05:49 AM
I guess I am thinking in terms of my current setting. The two side stones are a bit tucked under the center. I guess the design of the HOF ring is different; the center stones sets above the side stones in the ering.

I was just blown away by the setting - it is truly beautiful! As with their bracelet that I just got, the design of their rings is very well thought out. It just really flows together rather than looking like four stones plopped in with a center stone in the middle.
They do their settings very well, I agree. Are you thinking of changing your setting? And what bracelet did you get? Please start a thread so we can admire it
30.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 9:03:51 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
YOWZA that is gorgeous!
30.gif
I like you user name Rising sun. YOur ring is certainly like a rising sun full of SUNShINE!!
emhot.gif
Thank you, cushioncutnut. I love your description of my ring
10.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did start a topic on the bracelet which is https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hearts-on-fire-solitude-bracelet.95594/. It is the HOF Solitude bracelet.

I have been looking around at different settings for awhile now. I currently have a PrecisionSet mounting with two sidestones totalling .66 carat. It just sometimes seems that the three stones are sort of bunched up - if that makes sense - and I like the HOF mounting because it looks more spread out. It''s just a different look though and I''d have to be sure that I would love it with my stone. It would be an expensive mistake if I didn''t! Not 100% sure I want to make the change but that one really wowed me. I know they also have that setting in a 1.00 carat version but they didn''t have that one to show.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
^^^I don''t know how I missed your thread. I love that bracelet
30.gif
I wonder if the jeweler could remove the current head in the HOF semimount and replace it with a head to accomodate your diamond so you could set it in the mounting. Not set the diamond, but just place it in. Since it is a peg head, it might not be a problem to do so.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2008 12:37:47 PM
30.gif
I wonder if the jeweler could remove the current head in the HOF semimount and replace it with a head to accomodate your diamond so you could set it in the mounting. Not set the diamond, but just place it in. Since it is a peg head, it might not be a problem to do so.
I would love it if they would do that but I doubt that they would. I''ll go back in and take another look.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Marian, I love your new HOF stone! (I just went cruising HOF''s at the mall last week, I''m not looking for a new stone, but I sure love checking those out) Your new diamond looks perfect in your setting! You are sooo lucky to have the HOF in such a substantial size. I still have pictures of your 1.23 saved because I loved how big it looked in your setting. Your new 1.64 looks huge! Isn''t it amazing how much fuller 41 points makes a stone look. Congrats! You are one lucky gal!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 1:07:40 PM
Author: hearts-arrows_girl
Marian, I love your new HOF stone! (I just went cruising HOF's at the mall last week, I'm not looking for a new stone, but I sure love checking those out) Your new diamond looks perfect in your setting! You are sooo lucky to have the HOF in such a substantial size. I still have pictures of your 1.23 saved because I loved how big it looked in your setting. Your new 1.64 looks huge! Isn't it amazing how much fuller 41 points makes a stone look. Congrats! You are one lucky gal!
I'm so flattered you have my ring saved
2.gif
Yes, going up those points did make a difference! I do feel pretty lucky, now that you mention it
17.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 12:50:19 PM

Date: 10/14/2008 12:37:47 PM
30.gif
I would love it if they would do that but I doubt that they would. I''ll go back in and take another look.
Maybe they can show you a 2 ct HOF and hold it on the smaller head to give you some idea how it would look. Of course, you wouldn''t want to unmount your diamond for this experiment...what was I thinking
6.gif
You could also have them place the 2 ct on the head of your choose and try to get a sense of the appearance. I think your setting is beautiful as it is, just to put in my .02.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Marian - it is a pretty setting but sometimes the new bug just bites you. I really couldn''t say at this point that I will upgrade but like to keep options open - ha! I''ve considered and rejected several in the past so who knows? I''m sure they must have a 2 ct. stone or at least a CZ to put on the mounting to give some idea of what it will look like. I just really like the quality and workmanship of HOF but there are other settings out there that are equally beautiful. I''ve even considered going back to a solitaire but after having the extra bling, I think I would miss it.

If I go back and take another look, I''ll let you know. Meanwhile, if you get bored, you can take many more pics of yours!
30.gif
30.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
^^^I'll see what I can do
9.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING upgrade Marian. I love your HOF collection
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif
!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I went back to the jewelry store to pick up my repair and spent a considerable amount of time looking at the mounting again. I think all the clerks and myself agreed that it wasn''t the best mounting for my stone. One suggested looking at the larger size - with of course a larger price tag - which they didn''t have anyway - and another suggested that I just keep what I have (that surprised me!)

It is very beautiful though - the workmanship and feel of the ring is something that pictures just can''t capture. While bigger diamonds in the mounting would be pretty I''m sure, the .80 is just the right size for that design IMO.

In the end, I''d probably have a hard time deciding to give up my current three stone ring. It seems a bit bunchy at times but at other times it seems just right. I have looked and looked for a small eternity band to go with it but because it is a PrecisionSet mounting, everything fits flush and hides up under the center stone. Maybe the real answer to this dilemma would be to look for a different three stone mounting. For some reason, I''m loving the gaps between erings and wedding bands these days. Maybe it''s because you can truly appreciate each ring individually when they are a bit set apart.

Anyhoo, enough rambling - didn''t mean to hijack your thread - just wanted to post an update about looking at the same mounting.

Marian your set is absolutely exquisite and we are holding you to the promise of more pictures!!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was gone for a few weeks so I thought the stone in your avatar looked huge!!! Congrats Marian; gorgeous!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thank you to Love In Bloom and Skippy
1.gif
I'm really happy I "went for it"
10.gif
I have enjoyed collecting my HOF pieces. Now I have to stay out of the jewelry store!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks~I think your setting is beautiful
30.gif
I will try to take more pics, but I''m running out of ideas. Please feel free to give me some suggestions
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results