shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
I need help
1.gif

My e-ring is a 2-2.5mm platinum cathedral setting, with a .75 carat princess cut solitaire. I originally thought I wanted a half channel-set round wedding band. Then I was leaning toward something more antique/engraved. I looked at Artcarved rings, which are gorgeous. Now I''m just not sure what I want :) So... help me choose! What do you think would look good with my ring?

Also... is it hard to resize an engraved wedding band? Do any of them have the details on just the top half of the band?

ringonbottlessmall.JPG

E B

Ideal_Rock
Check out this site- they have several options that are engraved:

AER Wedding Bands

(Be sure to check out all three pages.)

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 4:37:35 PM
Author: EBree
Check out this site- they have several options that are engraved:

AER Wedding Bands

(Be sure to check out all three pages.)
Wow, those are lovely! Thanks for posting.

E B

Ideal_Rock
You''re very welcome! Your e-ring is beautiful, by the way!

Another site that might be good for inspiration is Greenlake Jewelry Works. Their engraving is amazingly detailed, and I''ve heard they''re reasonably priced (though anything platinum AND engraved won''t be cheap!):

Greenlake Jewelry Works

E B

Ideal_Rock
Something like this from GLJW might be cool and incorporate both stones and antique detail (with any gemstone or all diamonds):

gljwprincess.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I didn''t see this thread when I requested a pic of your ering in the other thread you posted. I think this band by Van Craeynest would go very well with your engagement. The photo was posted by AnitaT:

969%20IMG_0178.JPG

Also, I think the style would look great with your princess cut diamond. I know VC rings are antique in style (I call them antique-made because they are still made like true antique rings were made) but did not hesitate to put my modern cut stone into one of their settings.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Love in bloom that band is gorgeous. WOW!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2008 1:22:54 AM
Author: Love in Bloom
Sorry I didn''t see this thread when I requested a pic of your ering in the other thread you posted. I think this band by Van Craeynest would go very well with your engagement. The photo was posted by AnitaT:

969%20IMG_0178.JPG

Also, I think the style would look great with your princess cut diamond. I know VC rings are antique in style (I call them antique-made because they are still made like true antique rings were made) but did not hesitate to put my modern cut stone into one of their settings.
LIB, I always enjoy the pics of the VC bands you post - so pretty ! I was wondering whether you would mind to share, as I noticed they don''t have pricing on their site, what would be the average price of something like above in 18K?
Of course I understand though if you''d prefer not to,
cheers!
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 4:53:59 PM
Author: EBree
Something like this from GLJW might be cool and incorporate both stones and antique detail (with any gemstone or all diamonds):
Wow! That is cool!

EBree pretty much mentioned the ones I was going to, LOL. I did want to say that I think some of the ArtCarved bands are not full eternity and could be sized. Any jeweler can call and ask.
5.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
MMT - Isn't that band really spectacular? I don't think it is in their catalog but it's now on their homepage. I have a crush on VC's tiny flowers!

Date: 10/19/2008 8:55:54 AM
Author: arjunajane

LIB, I always enjoy the pics of the VC bands you post - so pretty ! I was wondering whether you would mind to share, as I noticed they don't have pricing on their site, what would be the average price of something like above in 18K?
Of course I understand though if you'd prefer not to,
cheers!
1.gif
Hi AJ, unfortunately I have never priced this band so I have no idea how much it is. Perhaps AnitaT would know? It was her photograph she posted when VC sent her samples to look at.

As for my price experience on other things, my wedding band was a little over 2K but that is in platinum and priced at the beginning of '07. My wedding band has less diamonds/more chasing and that might make a difference. My 920, the etruscan columns ring, in 18K was 1.5K but it is relatively simple and does not have any stones or chased flowers. So I would imagine the band in the pic here would be somewhere in between? I usually don't mention what I've paid for my jewelry because I gather people think it's nuts to pay that much for a relatively simple gold band! Not that it bothers me too much what people think, though, as I definitely enjoy my VC pieces. Haven't found anything else to date that I enjoy as much
10.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Love in bloom yes that is one of the prettiest bands I have seen in a long time. WOW. Thanks for sharing it

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results