shape
carat
color
clarity

question about vendors for halos for smaller stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutechick0021

Rough_Rock
I have a .33 center princess cut diamond. I''d like to get it in a halo setting to make it bigger in appearance, but a lot of jewelers around here I went to say that it''s too small to do a halo. Does anyone know any vendors who could do a halo with that size stone?

thanks!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Have you talked about having a setting custom made?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not too small, but I agree a custom setting is probably in order.

I would call Whiteflash personally, they are a great vendor and they have made some beautiful small haloed pendants and such for PS members.

cutechick0021

Rough_Rock
thanks for the help, i will look into that....i know that customs could be $$$$$...may have to wait i suppose
7.gif

StephCrowley

Rough_Rock
You could also check out the ebay seller LOGR (Lord of the Gem Rings). Here''s the link.
http://stores.ebay.com/Lord-of-Gem-Rings_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amewaxQ3amesstQQtZkm

I have bought 2 rings, 1 semi mount ring (the one in my avatar photo to the left), and 1 pendant semi mount from him and have LOVED everything! LOGR seems to have pretty things for very reasonable prices. Their customization charge is $50. I know several pricescope members have bought from LOGR and there are discussion threads about LOGR. You can also do a search on Pricescope by typing in LOGR and see what others here are saying about him. If you''re comfortable with shopping online, I say go for it.

I''ve had everything checked out by a local jeweler that I bought from LOGR and my local jeweler was impressed regarding the quality of the stones and workmanship. And their stuff is really pretty!

30.gif

cutechick0021

Rough_Rock
that is a great site...how do you make sure you buy the right size setting for the diamond though?

StephCrowley

Rough_Rock
Just be sure to know the exact dimensions of your stone and pass this information on to LOGR. When I was looking for a semi mount for my sapphire, I just picked the semi mount from his store that I loved, emailed him the dimensions of the stone, and for $50 they can adjust just about any style semi mount in their store as long as the basic shape of the stone is a good fit for the setting. i.e. can''t really make a ring work for an emerald cut that was really designed for an oval cut, etc. Hope this helps!
1.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2008 12:45:04 PM
Author: StephCrowley
Just be sure to know the exact dimensions of your stone and pass this information on to LOGR. When I was looking for a semi mount for my sapphire, I just picked the semi mount from his store that I loved, emailed him the dimensions of the stone, and for $50 they can adjust just about any style semi mount in their store as long as the basic shape of the stone is a good fit for the setting. i.e. can't really make a ring work for an emerald cut that was really designed for an oval cut, etc. Hope this helps!
1.gif
You can also choose the gold color at no extra charge (rose, white , yellow).
9.gif
From what I've also been reading on the forums, it might be wise to also upgrade the diamonds to VS quality (for the price, I think it's worth it). You can also choose 18K gold for an upgrade charge.

StephCrowley,
Did you upgrade your diamonds, or did you just get lucky and get super sparkley SI diamonds from LOGR?

StephCrowley

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/19/2008 1:32:08 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 10/19/2008 12:45:04 PM

Author: StephCrowley

Just be sure to know the exact dimensions of your stone and pass this information on to LOGR. When I was looking for a semi mount for my sapphire, I just picked the semi mount from his store that I loved, emailed him the dimensions of the stone, and for $50 they can adjust just about any style semi mount in their store as long as the basic shape of the stone is a good fit for the setting. i.e. can''t really make a ring work for an emerald cut that was really designed for an oval cut, etc. Hope this helps!
1.gif
You can also choose the gold color at no extra charge (rose, white , yellow).
9.gif
From what I''ve also been reading on the forums, it might be wise to also upgrade the diamonds to VS quality (for the price, I think it''s worth it). You can also choose 18K gold for an upgrade charge.

StephCrowley,

Did you upgrade your diamonds, or did you just get lucky and get super sparkley SI diamonds from LOGR?

Nope, I didn''t upgrade - they''re just super sparkley SI diamonds. But, I also bought the matching pendant semi-mount setting and the diamonds are just as sparkley as the ring. Typically how much is it to upgrade to VS?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results