shape
carat
color
clarity

antique/engraved wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
I need some help finding a wedding band. My e-ring is a plain cathedral setting with a princess cut diamond. I have been thinking about doing a half channel set wedding band, but I also really like some of the intricate, engraved rings I''ve seen on here. I think if I don''t have diamonds in the band, I would like to be somewhat interesting and antique-looking (I''m not a huge fan of plain wedding bands). Do you have any pictures you could show me of bands that you think would look nice with my e-ring?

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
anyone?
8.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you use the search bar above & put in terms like "antique bands" "engraved bands" etc ... you''ll find many threads on this topic to keep you busy until someone else responds.
2.gif

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
I actually just got back her wedding band a few weeks ago, and it has engraving. Greenlake does beautiful engraving, you might want to check them out.

rDSC01587.JPG

pauly1

Shiny_Rock

rDSC01586.JPG

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
Pictures aren''t great, sorry. I''ll take some more after the wedding.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
my e-ring is engraved...I am getting ready to post it with my new bands....

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My band is engraved and has diamonds sprinkled all around it!

It''s an antique ring, likely from the 30''s. I''ll see if I can find anything similar on-line.

rings in croatia.jpg

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
loves vintage.....where did you get your band? I lOVE it!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/9/2008 9:51:21 PM
Author: jetmal
Thank you, Jetmal! You can''t tell from the photo, but there are some slightly smaller diamonds that are patterned, almost encrusted into the design of the ring, along the edges which are rounded. I love it.
5.gif

I got it from Peter Suchy''s in Stamford, CT. I''m about an hour away from him, so I was able to visit his shop. We also got my engagement ring there. He''s an estate jeweler. This is the link to his ebay store, but he has a lot more inventory than what''s in his ebay store.

Peter Suchy

I remember there was another store in NYC that had similar rings. I will see if I can find the link. It''s not a store that I visited, just viewed on-line.

BTW, your ring is gorgeous
30.gif
! Off to find your SMTR thread!

beau13

Ideal_Rock

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 1:16:05 PM
Author: Loves Vintage

It's an antique ring, likely from the 30's. I'll see if I can find anything similar on-line.
Oh, my god. Loves Vintage- your band is exactly what I've been looking for! I'm going to have to check out those sites! Wow. That's beautiful!!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2008 10:02:32 AM
Author: geckodani

It''s an antique ring, likely from the 30''s. I''ll see if I can find anything similar on-line.
Oh, my god. Loves Vintage- your band is exactly what I''ve been looking for! I''m going to have to check out those sites! Wow. That''s beautiful!!!
Really?!? Peter has a ton of rings in his cases that are not on eBay. I haven''t noticed many wedding bands on there whenever I check his listings. You might do better to e-mail him directly and tell him what you''re looking for. In the meantime, I''ll try to find some other similar rings on-line.
1.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2008 9:56:13 AM
Author: beau13
I was going to buy this myself, but decided not to, since I am happy with the 2mm band I just got for $25! It's a great deal $200, for 18k white gold, love the unique pattern. Marcy at the Ring Cafe is GREAT! http://www.theringcafe.com/product_info.php?cPath=41&products_id=1036&osCsid=fkibm0sn3igvnqh35fvm8hrog7
If it's not what you're looking for, or not your size, hopefully another PS'er will scoop this baby up! Good luck finding your antique/engraved band.
Yikes! I love that band!!! $200 is supercheap?!?!

Where did you get a $25 band? Have you posted it on here? I'm intrigued!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 10:24:01 AM

It's an antique ring, likely from the 30's. I'll see if I can find anything similar on-line.
Oh, my god. Loves Vintage- your band is exactly what I've been looking for! I'm going to have to check out those sites! Wow. That's beautiful!!!
Really?!? Peter has a ton of rings in his cases that are not on eBay. I haven't noticed many wedding bands on there whenever I check his listings. You might do better to e-mail him directly and tell him what you're looking for. In the meantime, I'll try to find some other similar rings on-line.
1.gif
I will have to email him! Do you know if he has any palladium? My new ering setting is Palladium, and I'm trying to match it. Although I could be convinced to mix metals for something that fun!

ETA: Sorry to threadjack musincy!
1.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geckodani,

This is the site I was remembering. They have lots o''bands listed, but not so much like my ring. This is the closest I could find:

engraved diamond band

The ring has a very similar shape to mine, the edges are rounded not straight, but I like my engraving better -- it''s more delicate. And, if you see where the X''s are on this ring, mine would have smaller diamonds on the top and bottom of those X''s.

I''ll keep looking.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 10:25:32 AM

Date: 10/10/2008 9:56:13 AM
Author: beau13
I was going to buy this myself, but decided not to, since I am happy with the 2mm band I just got for $25! It''s a great deal $200, for 18k white gold, love the unique pattern. Marcy at the Ring Cafe is GREAT! http://www.theringcafe.com/product_info.php?cPath=41&products_id=1036&osCsid=fkibm0sn3igvnqh35fvm8hrog7
If it''s not what you''re looking for, or not your size, hopefully another PS''er will scoop this baby up! Good luck finding your antique/engraved band.
Yikes! I love that band!!! $200 is supercheap?!?!

Where did you get a $25 band? Have you posted it on here? I''m intrigued!
Pay attention will ya..I am the QUEEN of great E-bay finds! lol. Here is the link, with pics of both my GORGEOUS 5 stone band and new antiquish band ($25) I got, both on E-bay!!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 9:48:11 AM

Thank you, Jetmal! You can''t tell from the photo, but there are some slightly smaller diamonds that are patterned, almost encrusted into the design of the ring, along the edges which are rounded. I love it.
5.gif

I got it from Peter Suchy''s in Stamford, CT. I''m about an hour away from him, so I was able to visit his shop. We also got my engagement ring there. He''s an estate jeweler. This is the link to his ebay store, but he has a lot more inventory than what''s in his ebay store.

Peter Suchy

I remember there was another store in NYC that had similar rings. I will see if I can find the link. It''s not a store that I visited, just viewed on-line.

30.gif

I agree, that is one of the prettiest bands here on PS! What a beauty! And it''s perfect with your e-ring.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2008 10:57:28 AM
Date: 10/10/2008 10:24:01 AM

Oh, my god. Loves Vintage- your band is exactly what I''ve been looking for! I''m going to have to check out those sites! Wow. That''s beautiful!!!

Really?!? Peter has a ton of rings in his cases that are not on eBay. I haven''t noticed many wedding bands on there whenever I check his listings. You might do better to e-mail him directly and tell him what you''re looking for. In the meantime, I''ll try to find some other similar rings on-line.
1.gif

I will have to email him! Do you know if he has any palladium? My new ering setting is Palladium, and I''m trying to match it. Although I could be convinced to mix metals for something that fun!

ETA: Sorry to threadjack musincy!
1.gif

Oh, I just saw this. Uhm, I don''t know if he has Palladium . . . let us know what you find out!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2008 7:31:59 PM
Author: HollyS

Thank you, Jetmal! You can't tell from the photo, but there are some slightly smaller diamonds that are patterned, almost encrusted into the design of the ring, along the edges which are rounded. I love it.
5.gif

I got it from Peter Suchy's in Stamford, CT. I'm about an hour away from him, so I was able to visit his shop. We also got my engagement ring there. He's an estate jeweler. This is the link to his ebay store, but he has a lot more inventory than what's in his ebay store.

Peter Suchy

I remember there was another store in NYC that had similar rings. I will see if I can find the link. It's not a store that I visited, just viewed on-line.

30.gif

I agree, that is one of the prettiest bands here on PS! What a beauty! And it's perfect with your e-ring.

Thank you, Holly!
1.gif
I've always noticed the band in your avatar too!! Very pretty!! Do you have any other pics of it posted on here?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 9:20:59 PM

Date: 10/10/2008 7:31:59 PM
Author: HollyS

5.gif

Peter Suchy

30.gif

I agree, that is one of the prettiest bands here on PS! What a beauty! And it''s perfect with your e-ring.

Thank you, Holly!
1.gif
I''ve always noticed the band in your avatar too!! Very pretty!! Do you have any other pics of it posted on here?
Actually, I have a similar one as a wedding band. They are both OGI. The one in the avatar is a maybe someday anniversary ring that the DH and I both like (I love baguettes!); and my w-ring has channel-set round brilliants in a half eternity with engraving and milgrain. I do not have pictures of my rings here; I truly need to get a good digital camera and get busy! Maybe I''ll get DH one for Christmas!

I really like the OGI bands because they have that vintage look to them. They also have a couple of engraved/carved bands that resemble the type of old-fashioned band that you found. You''ve got a real treasure! Enjoy!

kaori

Shiny_Rock

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Artcarved and OGI Ltd have some nice bands with engraved looks to them.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I Tried on some OGI, and their profile engraving is really, really pretty. Selkie has a beautiful scroll engraved wedding band you can see it here.

Best of luck!
2.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2008 12:53:03 AM
Author: Love in Bloom
I Tried on some OGI, and their profile engraving is really, really pretty. Selkie has a beautiful scroll engraved wedding band you can see it here.

Best of luck!
2.gif

I LOVE Van Craeynest! If budget isn''t a huge issue I would run to them. Their bands are so unique. And quite reasonable for what they are.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2008 12:55:27 AM
Author: neatfreak

I LOVE Van Craeynest! If budget isn''t a huge issue I would run to them. Their bands are so unique. And quite reasonable for what they are.

Neatfreak brings up a good point; the bands are kind of pricey. I have seen some in person and am fortunate enough to own one of the bangles (I have 920 in YG). The details are totally worth it to me though
37.gif

PS- Hiya Neatfreak, my wedding date twin. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results