shape
carat
color
clarity

"reversible" ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

smithsmith

Rough_Rock
I had the idea of a "reversible" wedding band. As in, a plain band with 1/2 of it yellow gold and 1/2 white gold, so that if you choose to change the metal color you are wearing, you just spin the ring around and the unwanted color is hidden on the palm side. Does that make sense? Does anything like that exist? Would it even be possible to make?

I would love to own something like that but haven''t seen anything similar.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think its possible. I have seen two tone wedding bands on the Whiteflash website.. I am sure they could make your ring easily.
1.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Definitely doable, and I think I''ve actually *seen* these somewhere ... possibly at the Clay Pot website? Will poke around and see if I can find them. Otherwise, Maisie is quite right, it won''t be a problem at all to have them custom-made ....

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
My mom gave me a pair of diamond huggie earrings like that, so I can''t imagine that they wouldn''t be able to do that with a wedding band.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to what''s been said, but just wanted to chime in and say awesome idea!!!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Cr#p! That is soooo cool! Just when I thought I''ve seen it all, you guys show me something new! I think hubby might even like that, its kinda "gadgety" in a way!

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a cool idea! If the ring starts spinning, you''ll have a half-yellow, half-white ring!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
YES!! I've seen it at the Gem and Jewelry show here.. but i guess i'm not much of a help cause i couldn't tell you who the jeweler was. All I know is he's out of LA somewhere.

He had some of the most amazing and interesting jewelry I've ever seen.. and it's hard to even explain how some of his designs worked.

He had a ring that turned into a bracelet.. it was AWESOME!! You kinda just unfolded it like an accordion.. and it turned into a bracelet.. and then folded it back up and it was back to a ring! And it surprisingly wasn't chunky or clunky. Amazing... and gorgeous!

he also had a "reversible" ring in which one side had a sapphire and was white gold.. and you kinda "flipped it" and the other side had a ruby and was yellow gold. It was hinged kinda.. Argh can't explain it!

I can't even begin to explain how in the world it worked but i was so shocked myself as you would expect a "reversible" ring like that to be clunky but it was so dainty and beautiful.

oi.. I may have his card somewhere around here. The only thing is that he doesn't have any of his designs online. He said he was having problems with people stealing his designs/ideas so he stopped putting them online. Really a shame.

I may be going back to the show in december.. maybe he'll be there again!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a fun idea! Something to think about though - I''m hard on the bottom of my rings and would beat the crap out of whatever side was facing down. You could end up with a rather battered looking side.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Great idea, as long as you''re careful with it!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t find it now, but I''ve seen a couple of vintage rings that are solid eternity bands. On the upper half of the ring is a half, hinged ruby band. On the bottom of the ring, on the other side, is half sapphires. So you can wear the band with jus the diamonds showing (both sapphire and ruby part on your palm), diamonds and sapphires, diamonds and rubies, or all three.

I''m sure if they can create that some years ago someone can make a yellow and white gold ring! I can''t exactly picute it, but it sounds pretty cool.

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
my jeweler''s wife was wearing a *gorgeous* custom eternity band that was half white diamonds in platinum, and half champagne diamonds in yellow gold, so depending on her mood she could just spin the ring for a new look! the only thing to consider is that the ring may spin on it''s own, giving you a half-and-half look. maybe this wouldn''t bother you, but i''d feel like i had to keep adjusting so the right color was facing up
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results