shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I find a OEC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

makandaddie

Rough_Rock
After looking at all of these beautiful OEC''s lately...I WANT ONE! Oh, I''m sorry...did I yell that?
emwink.gif
Any advice you OEC gals (or guys!) can give as to where to look for one of these beauties, and what to look for in regards to stats would be appreciated. I''m not looking for anything too big, under a 3/4 ct most likely...and it would be for my right hand, it''s lonely.

Thanks in advance!

LostieLovesBling

Shiny_Rock
I bought my antique cut from EricaGrace:
http://www.jewelsbyericagrace.com/loose_antique_diamonds

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought my OEC from Ebay seller Kingkongcrowder.

I was very wary at first, because I''d heard the horror stories of PSers'' Ebay experiences, but I googled the seller and he turned out to be a poster here, though not very recently and only a question or two. I was instilled with confidence after reading his few posts, and then asking him where he comes across his diamonds. His are not certified, though I can see that he is very strict with his approximations of colour and clarity.

I took the diamond immediately to my jeweler to have it verified as real, and he was floored with how clean it was - which scared the bejeezus out of me! He then ran it back to the workshop to determine if it was in fact a genuine diamond, and he came back quite a few moments later pleased with the results. It''s real, and it''s lovely.
9.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
mlopros is very honest and reliable
2.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I know how you feel. I fell in love with Lauren''s OEC. I want one so badly too but I can''t find anything I like as much as hers :razz:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey makandaddie - if you don''t have a whole lot to spend, ebay has actually grown on me recently.
I used to be a "would never buy anything expensive off ebay" type..but after seeing so many great purchases by PS''ers, how could you not be intrigued?
5.gif

If you have a reasonable budget, jewels by erica grace have gorgeous stuff, and Old World Diamonds have a huge inventory.

I have a couple of estate ebay shops / sellers saved if you want to explore that route, let me know.
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
This is a ring I''d like to get at the moment..two OEC''s for the price of one, lol !

165258450_o.jpg

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
I second the recommendation of Erica Grace. My avatar is a ring I bought from her this summer. The price was unreal and I couldn't be happier with it. I have since bought a second ring from her. She's a lovely person to deal with and her items are top shelf.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
And here is a 0.4ct solitaire for $400 - looks like a really pretty OEC - I would buy this one too, if I hadn''t been going mad on diamonds lately!

pic 1

174166080_o.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
pic 2

disclaimer: I have no affiliation to this seller etc, and have purchased one item but have yet to receive it.
They seem good to me based on the quality of their items and their good prices, but I do pledge buyer beware as usual
5.gif

174166208_o.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 8:53:26 AM
Author: tradergirl
I second the recommendation of Erica Grace. My avatar is a ring I bought from her this summer. The price was unreal and I couldn''t be happier with it. I have since bought a second ring from her. She''s a lovely person to deal with and her items are top shelf.
tradergirl, do you have a thread for your avatar ring? I''d like to see..

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 8:56:43 AM
Author: arjunajane
And here is a 0.4ct solitaire for $400 - looks like a really pretty OEC - I would buy this one too, if I hadn''t been going mad on diamonds lately!

pic 1

Jane, who is this seller? I absolutely recognize the pic style!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I''ve purchased two OECs (.50 and .40) from eBay, and just recently a three stone OMC (1.50) pin.

Of course it''s still buyer beware, since just because I''ve been lucky doesn''t mean that there couldn''t be a bad seller out there.

Additionally, I can''t recommend Old World Diamonds enough. Adam is fabulous, they have pics of many of their diamonds, and they look better in person than in the pics.
21.gif

Their pricing is a little less expensive than EricaGrace also.

The 1.75 antique cushion in my avatar is from Old World Diamonds.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I just looked through Old World Diamond''s website and I am DROOLING!!!!!! OEC''s are just lovely!!! I''m off to figure out a way to convince DH that I need anoooother diamond!
27.gif
31.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 5:21:48 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 10/7/2008 8:56:43 AM
Author: arjunajane

pic 1

Jane, who is this seller? I absolutely recognize the pic style!
Hey Lauren,
its superdiamond_04. I don''t think their a PS mbr, but you never know. I''m pretty sure its a guy. I want sooo many of their pieces ! lol, I''m terrible..
40.gif
41.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I also recommend Erica Grace. My avatar is a 2.75 antique cushion and I love it!

makandaddie

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone! Arjunajane...I would love your list of e-bay folks :) I have to admit I am a novice when it comes to e-bay, and I need direction on how to find things!

I am so excited to find a nice little stone for a right hand ring...
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 9:38:37 AM
Author: makandaddie
Thanks so much everyone! Arjunajane...I would love your list of e-bay folks :) I have to admit I am a novice when it comes to e-bay, and I need direction on how to find things!

I am so excited to find a nice little stone for a right hand ring...
36.gif
Hey makandaddie, I'm so sorry I only just saw this post.!
Here a couple of ones that have good stuff at the moment, but I must say I have only bought from the aforementioned seller so far,
so please ask questions and do research before committing.

These are names of sellers you can access using the advanced search function:

superdiamond_04
mlopros
mainmonstr
melonypino
emerald-imports

See how you go, those should keep you busy for a lil while, lol!
please let me know if you need anything else, however there are many others on here who are much better ebay bargainers than I - beau13 for one, you can do a search on her name for some info on her finds. She got a great deal from seller Maxhenri's Vintage Jewelry..
hth!
1.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I would love to buy one of Erica Grace''s beauties.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is Old World Diamonds website, I went to Yahoo but can''t find it?

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Chiming in with another recommendation for jewels by Erica Grace. I got my 2ct cushion from them and couldn''t be happier

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Mom has an amazing 1.97 ct J color VVS1 OEC, it is simply stunning, the sparkle is amazing, I will have to do a photoshoot of it next time she comes over, my camera pretty stinks on macro mode but I might be able to get some good shots. I think some of the OEC's have amazing sparkle to them
30.gif

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
I purchased from melonypino before (antique marquis halo ring) and everything went very smoothly but I am not sure she is the most price competitive out there :) just my two cents

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sukiisukii, I''ve got my eye on one of Melony''s rings too and I agree, she''s quite overpriced. But I suspect there''s some negotiating room in there. At least that has been my impression so far in communication with her.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results