shape
carat
color
clarity

Help.. I need to decide by Monday

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

togeppii

Rough_Rock
Last friday I came across a sound like a really good deal diamond from an Australian diamond broker.

www.diamondexchage.com.au

I got 2 options :

Option 1 - New ring custom made : 18k White Gold 1/2 Bezel Set with side stones (6 x 0.05ct F SI1). Price AUD 4,450 / USD 3,050

It will have a center diamond that has the following character:

Carat 0.70
Colour F
Clarity VS1
Total Depth 62.10
Pavilion Depth 43.00
Table 61.00
Dimensions 5.57*5.61*3.47
Crown Angle 33.00
Pavilion Angle 40.80
Girdle 4.46
Culet none
Fluorescence None
Lustre
Polish G
Symmetry G
Cut VG
Report GIA

I went to their office and view a similar like diamond in color, clarity, and cut. However, the polish and symmetry were different.. The one i viewed has VG/VG polished and symmetry.

The center diamond itself only AUD 3,000 / USD 2,050. The setting cost an extra AUD 1,500

Question is, will it be much different from the one i see?

Option 2 - Already made ring : Six claw white gold coronet, yellow gold band. Price : AUD 5,100 / USD3,550

The center diamond as follow:

Carat 0.82
Colour G
Clarity VS2
Total Depth 61.80
Pavilion Depth 43.50
Table 57.00
Dimensions 6.03*6.00*3.72
Crown Angle 33.50
Pavilion Angle 41.00
Girdle med - s th
Culet n
Fluorescence None
Lustre
Polish VG
Symmetry EX
Cut EX
Report GIA

The diamond color & clarity are of lower grade but it has VG/EX Polish/Symmetry but of course I cannot choose the setting :razz:

Thank you before hand for any professional advice I could get :)

p.s. This engagement ring gonna be my first diamond ring so big decision for me
17.gif

togeppii

Rough_Rock
Here''s the 1/2 bezel setting (except it will be with 6 side stones since my finger size only 3.5) =P

my half bezel set.jpg

togeppii

Rough_Rock
Here''s the 6 prong setting =)

p.s. I dont mean to spam but It doesnt allow me to attach more than 1 file on same msg.

my 6prong setting front.jpg

PinkSummer

Rough_Rock
The option 2 diamond is a better diamond in my opinion. If you put the numbers into the holloway cut advisor (found under TOOLS), it has a grade of 1.2 which is ideal. The option 1 diamond doesn''t do so well...with the numbers on your post, they won''t even register. Basically I would want to know all the specs on all the diamonds you are considering. How come you can''t custom the setting with diamond #2?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results