shape
carat
color
clarity

Question: Making Diamond Earring Jackets? photo attached.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StephCrowley

Rough_Rock
Hi! I''m new to the forum (and am LOVING all the posts) and have just started my jewelry addiction - I mean collection.

I have one pair of 1.28ct diamond studs (need to take pics!) and just bought a pair of dangley diamond earrings on ebay yesterday - I can''t wait to get them in the mail! Below is a pic of the dangles. I''m thinking of having ''baskets'' attached to the back of the uppermost smallest circle (where the post is) so that the dangles actually become earring jackets for my studs. Has anyone tried this? Does it work and is it relatively comfortable? Is it expensive to have ''baskets'' added?

Thank you for all of your advice and helping out a newbie!
1.gif

StephDiamondEarrings2.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I''d take it to a jeweler just to see if it is really viable - there may not be enough metal to attach the baskets to. But once you get them, try putting your studs through the hole that is already there - if the studs are big enough, you may not need a basket.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Monkey pie has a great suggestion. The earrings look beautiful and welcome to pricescope!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results