shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your 1 carat solitaire pendants please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Hi everybody.

I''d like to set a 1 ct RB into a plain WG solitaire pendant.

Have been searching the boards for "neck shots" but can''t seem to find very many for a stone of that size.

Is 1ct:
Too big?
Too small?
Or just right?

I don''t wear a lot of neck jewellry so this would likely be worn alone.

SHOW ME SOME PICS LADIES!

thanks

LS

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Mara might have one...

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks NF that helps alot!

For some reason I can visualize stone size on fingers but not on a neck....

LS

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 8:53:23 PM
Author: LostSapphire
Thanks NF that helps alot!

For some reason I can visualize stone size on fingers but not on a neck....

LS

It''s hard I agree. I will tell you that I have a .3 something in a bezel pendant and that too is a beautiful size. So I would get what you can afford.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have been given a stone that''s a 1ct and so I''m thinking of wearing it on my neck......

LS

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 8:57:37 PM
Author: LostSapphire
I have been given a stone that''s a 1ct and so I''m thinking of wearing it on my neck......

LS

Ohhh fun! Well by all means then you should go ahead!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
LS, I think it will look *perfect*!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! A 1ct will look perfect!! What kind of setting are you thinking about?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just RIGHT!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 9:49:57 PM
Author: Kelli
How exciting! A 1ct will look perfect!! What kind of setting are you thinking about?
Hi Kelli !

I''m not sure yet. Either the WF "4 Corners Pendant" or a 4 prong basket with a double bale.

LS

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Does the WF basket one have a double bail? I want to get that one with a half-carat or so. I can''t until next summer for money reasons, but I''m excited about it already. I can''t wait to see what you end up with.

I went to tiffany''s just for fun on Friday and looked at their "four corners" pendants. They really are beautiful but I think I would like to be able to take it off and wear it with different length chains for different styles of shirts/dresses.

I found a great thread with neck shots once, I''ll see if I can find it again.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/solitaire-pendant-neck-shots-please.23403/

Here is a link to the thread I found. I''m not sure how many 1cts are in there or if you saw it already, but I thought I''d post it just in case. I didn''t have time to really look thru it because my fiancee is demanding some of my attention now
3.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 10:18:35 PM
Does the WF basket one have a double bail? I want to get that one with a half-carat or so. I can't until next summer for money reasons, but I'm excited about it already. I can't wait to see what you end up with.

I went to tiffany's just for fun on Friday and looked at their 'four corners' pendants. They really are beautiful but I think I would like to be able to take it off and wear it with different length chains for different styles of shirts/dresses.

I found a great thread with neck shots once, I'll see if I can find it again.
Thanks for the link Kelli, I'll go there now.

I am leaning towards the basket with a double bail (I can get it here a lot easier than importing just the settting from WF_). For the same reason as you: changing the chains. But also because I know it will always be centred on my neck: the '4 corners' one could slide around and I'm not sure that I want that....Did you notice when you were trying on if they seemed to flip over at all? I would doubt it....

LS

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
Here is my "almost" one carat pendant... I think its about 6mm... its a little far away, but it gives you an idea of the whole picture. I love the size and I wear it with anything.

wedding388.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 10:34:04 PM
Author: amyjokerette
Here is my ''almost'' one carat pendant... I think its about 6mm... its a little far away, but it gives you an idea of the whole picture. I love the size and I wear it with anything.
Thank you Amy! Yes, it gives me a sense of proportion.

You were a beautiful bride.

LS

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Yes you definitely were a beautiful bride Amy!

I didn''t try any on at tiffany''s because I knew it would be a while before I could get a pendant and didn''t want to get too into the idea, so I don''t know about it flipping. I would think most basket settings with the double bail would be about the same. I saw one of those at Mayor''s with a half carat that was just beautiful! A lot more pricey though than buying online
22.gif
22.gif
22.gif
. I''ve heard that pretty much any pendant can flip around, in one way or another. Having a 1ct though might help, as I''ve heard that the smaller the diamond, the more it flips.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

I have a .41 in the WF four-corners setting and it's gorgeous but the diamond shifts up in the hollow of my neck (ETA - but it doesn't flip over like my Tiffany by the yards - which I just posted about in the response below). If I could do over, I'd have purchased another setting. I do think build has a lot to do with size, too. I'm petite so a smaller stone compliments better on me.

Oh, and Mara's is a .78 (the .94 sold before she could get it)

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-540904.htm

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 10:26:48 PM
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/solitaire-pendant-neck-shots-please.23403/

Here is a link to the thread I found. I'm not sure how many 1cts are in there or if you saw it already, but I thought I'd post it just in case. I didn't have time to really look thru it because my fiancee is demanding some of my attention now
3.gif
Oh, wow, that thread is so old - 2005! lol! Check out my Tiff by the yards - I NEVER wear that necklace. Sorry to be so blunt, but I HATE that setting. . .it flips all over the place.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
here''s my 1.03 on my neck.

necklaceonneck.jpg

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
and here''s the same thing not on my neck, obviously. but i think 1ct is perfect for a pendant, but i''m a bit biased
2.gif

pendantonchain.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2008 11:31:08 AM
Author: MC

Date: 10/12/2008 10:26:48 PM

Here is a link to the thread I found. I''m not sure how many 1cts are in there or if you saw it already, but I thought I''d post it just in case. I didn''t have time to really look thru it because my fiancee is demanding some of my attention now
3.gif
Oh, wow, that thread is so old - 2005! lol! Check out my Tiff by the yards - I NEVER wear that necklace. Sorry to be so blunt, but I HATE that setting. . .it flips all over the place.
Really? Wow that''s good to know! I had one on my wishlist - might have to reconsider!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
1carat sound just right, I love the bezel settings. That will add some size also. What a fun project to have.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I''m pleased (I think!) to have confirmation that the 4-corners pendant flips around: that would make me nuts. I''m also concerned that because it''s "fixed" on the chain, it would swing around as well...and, I could never change out the chain.

So we''ll do one with a bail. As delicate as possible, but I''m sure that with a 1ct the stone will be bigger than the bail....

Thanks for the links and the pics! I know that thread was old but a plain solitaire pendant is just that...pretty straightforward and classic in design.

I was more hoping to see scale and proportion on people''s necks. And there are a few here that do that for me....
LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2008 12:53:57 PM
Author: puffy
here''s my 1.03 on my neck.
Thank you Puffy!

LS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results