shape
carat
color
clarity

Plain wedding band is here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
I recently ordered a flat 2mm platinum band from e-weddingbands.com after the recent drop in the platinum prices. The ring arrived on time, and I was able to customize my ring''s size and the thickness so that the rings sit flush on the underside of my hand. I am hoping to eventually get a thin diamond band too... not sure if that will be before the wedding or maybe as a future anniversary gift.

The dilemna I have is that the flat band seems like it''s flatter than my e-ring, but the domed bands I''ve tried are too domed. Please let me know what you think, can you tell the w-band is flatter than the e-ring or am I just looking too closely?

Without further adieu...

The e-ring alone

P1010571.JPG

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
The wedding band alone.

P1010572.JPG

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Side profile of the two together.

P1010564.JPG

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
I love how flat the w-band sits. I had them make it 1.5mm instead of 1.8mm.

P1010579.JPG

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Together...

P1010559.JPG

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Last one!

P1010574.JPG

joflier

Ideal_Rock
That looks nice together. It definately lets your stone have center stage!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if you''d be open to this or not, but I had the same dilemma. I already had a band we wanted to use as our wedding band (previous anniversary gift) and I wanted my engagement ring to match perfectly with it. I picked the stuller cathedral setting that I thought matched it the closest, then had my jeweler reshape it to match perfectly. I was VERY pleased with the results. I don''t have a before pic, but I''ll post a pic of the rings together.

If you don''t want to mess with your engagement ring, maybe you could buy the domed wedding one and have a jeweler shape that one instead. My jeweler took two days to do it and charged me $15. SOOOO cheap, and that somehow included a rhodium plating!

Here''s a few pics. (I''m having the diamonds changed on the band, they''re ugly
1.gif
)

223set.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
profile of just the e-ring

228profile.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
both of them on my hand together

224set.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I think your set looks great as it is btw, I just know it really bothered me when mine weren''t the same. Some people actually like their rings to not match perfectly anyway, so it''s really all up to you!

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 2:15:55 PM
Author: Kelli
I don''t know if you''d be open to this or not, but I had the same dilemma. I already had a band we wanted to use as our wedding band (previous anniversary gift) and I wanted my engagement ring to match perfectly with it. I picked the stuller cathedral setting that I thought matched it the closest, then had my jeweler reshape it to match perfectly. I was VERY pleased with the results. I don''t have a before pic, but I''ll post a pic of the rings together.

If you don''t want to mess with your engagement ring, maybe you could buy the domed wedding one and have a jeweler shape that one instead. My jeweler took two days to do it and charged me $15. SOOOO cheap, and that somehow included a rhodium plating!

Here''s a few pics. (I''m having the diamonds changed on the band, they''re ugly
1.gif
)

First off, Kelli your ring is so gorgeous! And I love how the set matches "domeness."

Kelli, thank you sooooooooo much for that suggestion. That is definitely something I hadn''t thought of. I actually just ordered a domed 2mm plain platinum band on signedpieces.com. We''ll see how that matches and maybe I will have it shaved a little if it doesn''t match up as you suggested.

Meanwhile, the flat band was a special order because of size, so I''m trying to decide whether to sell it or wear it on my right hand and later one stack it with an eternity ring.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! I''m glad I was able to help.
1.gif
I''d keep the flat one for stacking like you said. I love that look!

And THANK YOU!! I am sooooo very excited about my ring!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the way your e-ring and the flat band look together, but you are the one that needs to be happy! I actually have the 2.5mm flat band from e-weddingbands and I love it with my three stone.

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I love the classic look!

heather318

Shiny_Rock
I have the EXACT same 2mm platinum flat band!! I love it!!

Mine is thinner than my e-ring as well.. Actually thinner than I expected, but I still like it.. I think it looks great with your set!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Great match!

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
I think they look great together. Also, Memoire makes domed, half domed, and flat platinum bands. Maybe one in between would be more like yours, but if I were you I''d stick with that one. It looks great.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the same flat 2 mm band from e-weddingbands, too!

I like it with your e-ring, but I honestly think shaping a domed band might be the perfect option!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Perfect!!!. I''ve been looking for the same thing now you really make me want it.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone bought the half domed band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results