shape
carat
color
clarity

Bone-in Beef Roast for simmering?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Hello all!
Last week we went to the grocery store around 11pm and they had put all their meats on sale to get rid of them. I ended up buying a "Bone-in Beef roast - Simmering" Or it might have been "Bone-in Beef roast - Stock".
Here's the problem, I took it our of the store wrapper and put it in the freezer. I took it out today to make, and have no idea how to cook it! I'm fairly sure I bought it to make a slowcooker meal, but if it said "Stock" I might have missed that and bought it anyway, as it was a great sale. But because it was a great sale it's making me think it was for stock and i just got blinded by the price.
So basically, if it was a Bone-in Beef Roast (simmering OR stock) can I still make a slow cooker meal out of it?
33.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Sure you can!

Beef holds up well in crockpots, as long as it''s a big piece.

I don''t think that what they label the meat as (stock or simmering or anything else) is a set rule.

I love crockpot season!! Fall just calls for it, you know?

So, what are you going to make??

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grrr, I want to make roasts and short ribs and such, but it''s still too hot here.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
When will it be cooler for you, Julie?

Three weekends ago we had a cold surge, I was so excited, I made the first crock pot meal I''d made in ages.

Then it warmed back up.
7.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 11:07:51 PM
Author: JulieN
Grrr, I want to make roasts and short ribs and such, but it''s still too hot here.
put the crock pot outside, plug it in and forget about it till its time to eat.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 12:37:28 AM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 10/8/2008 11:07:51 PM
Author: JulieN
put the crock pot outside, plug it in and forget about it till its time to eat.
Yep! I put it in the garage sometimes. Sometimes smelling food cooking all day long makes me lose my appetite.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 2:55:26 PM
Author:~*Snow*~
Hello all!

Last week we went to the grocery store around 11pm and they had put all their meats on sale to get rid of them. I ended up buying a ''Bone-in Beef roast - Simmering'' Or it might have been ''Bone-in Beef roast - Stock''.

Here''s the problem, I took it our of the store wrapper and put it in the freezer. I took it out today to make, and have no idea how to cook it! I''m fairly sure I bought it to make a slowcooker meal, but if it said ''Stock'' I might have missed that and bought it anyway, as it was a great sale. But because it was a great sale it''s making me think it was for stock and i just got blinded by the price.

So basically, if it was a Bone-in Beef Roast (simmering OR stock) can I still make a slow cooker meal out of it?
33.gif
thaw it in the fridge 24 hours then put it on the crock pot with 3 cups water and a packet of onion soup mix.
Cook 3 hours on high add quartered potatoes and cook 1.5 hours more for well done.

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Fisherofmengirly: Thanks for the reassurence.. i was pretty sure i could toss it in the crock pot, but not 100% sure. Still new to this whole cooking thing. But I do LOVE my slowcooker! So easy!

Karl: So i deforsted it last night and tossed it in this morning with a can of tomato soup, maple surup, brown sugar, onions and some water. Sounds a little off but it''s Delish! I''ll make some rice when i get home from work and VOILA Dinner!

I LOOOOVVVEEEEE my slow cooker. It is the best thing if you are on a budget. You can buy the cheapest meat, toss it in with some potatoes, onions, and some liquid and you have yourself a meal. The Roast i''m using today cost me 97 cents, and it''s a pound. So really it''s CHEAP meat, but it''ll be melt in your mouth when i get home!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s about 75-80ish around here for the past week. Tomorrow is supposed to be 67.

Cooking it outside is a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results