shape
carat
color
clarity

Purplish Pink Sapphire set in Platinum or Rose Gold???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I was hoping to get your opinions on whether you all think that this sapphire should be set in Plat or Rose Gold?

It will have double claw prongs set with between 2 white, squarish cushions that will be set in Plat.

Also, posted in CS.

2.42 ct purplish pink sapphire3a.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Sorry-pic was taken in a very scratched plastic gem box!

purplish pink sapphire with cushion sides2.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ditto what San Diego Lady said, that would be gorgeous!!!!

Linda

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote platinum...i think it will make the stones pop. If the sapphire was more peachy (pad-ish), i would vote for the rose gold but being such a purply - pink i think platinum/WG would be gorgeous!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all for the suggestions!!!

Originally I wanted all Plat, but then began thinking RG was the way to go with this stone! I've now gotten to the point that I am undecided, because I like both ideas---ahhhh :) The designer suggested all Platinum, but said in the end it was up to me! I'm just not sure which way to go, I'm really loving RG at the moment too.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think either would look stunning but I prefer the idea of all platinum. David has a very good eye and I'm sure anything he'll make will be superb. All of the items I've bought from him have been thoughtfully constructed in terms of gold colours/gemstone colours.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 12:43:07 PM
Author: violet3
I vote platinum...i think it will make the stones pop. If the sapphire was more peachy (pad-ish), i would vote for the rose gold but being such a purply - pink i think platinum/WG would be gorgeous!

I''m with violet.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmmm.....rose gold.....
18.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for more opinions :)

LovingDiamonds-I have NO doubt that David will do a fantastic job(he always has for me) with setting this beauty, but he really said it was up to me and I can't make up my mind! That's why I NEED help with this one
21.gif

I too think Plat will make the stone POP, but I'm really love rose gold!!!

krockie

Shiny_Rock
I''m a HUGE rose gold fan. My vote is for all RG. I think that will really bring out the warmth in that beautiful center stone.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 2:32:05 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
I think either would look stunning but I prefer the idea of all platinum. David has a very good eye and I''m sure anything he''ll make will be superb. All of the items I''ve bought from him have been thoughtfully constructed in terms of gold colours/gemstone colours.
Ditto this - I''m more drawn to platinum for that colour.

GORGEOUS sapphire btw!

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Hi stepnutcut, I am voting for the Rose Gold, I am attaching a pic of my pink sapphire ring set in rose gold (diamond halo with melee diamonds on shank), I also wear a rose gold milgraine band with it. So I am for the Rose Gold.

P9060001.JPG

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Ooohh yeah, I think the white gold with rose gold prongs would be lovely!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can get a white gold or platinum ring with solid (not plated) rose gold prongs, please let me know how. You can see my whining post in "Jewelry" part of the forum. I think I may have to fly to Mars to get it made.

I've seen a rose gold halo inside a white gold halo, but I've never seen rose gold prongs on top of white gold before.

BTW, your stone is gorgeous.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Incorporating rose gold is a great idea, whether you go with 100% rose gold or using it to accent the design.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty stone. I vote for rose gold but either way it will be gorgeous.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the platiunum, gorgeous stone.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I vote rose gold. I love the warmth of it and it would compliment your stone nicely.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm. I think both would be gorgeous! The rose gold would be lovely and more unique, IMO.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for more suggestions, looks like RG is winning the votes at the moment :)

Buffy01:Thanks for the photo of your ring-it's lovely!

tourmaline_lover: Diamonds by Lauren works beautifully in Rose Gold, my Pink Lady is set in a RG bezel with Platinum shank and DBL did a fantastic job!!! David did say that RG is tough to work with, so you need to find someone that does it well!

I don't think I want the entire ring in RG, I think if I did go with RG it would be the basket/prongs for the Sapphire only and the rest in Platinum. The side diamonds are new, but look like old cut cushions(open cutlet, fat facets) but they are M color with strong fluorescence-so I think setting them in RG would make them look really warm---other than that an entirely RG ring would be great too :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Side stones-I love the cut on them! The warmth of them, I also find appealing-adds to the 'old' feel :) And Fluorescence---I love it!!!

.67ctw cushions.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would be beautiful set in rose gold with the rest in platinum.
30.gif

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have any pictures of the setting? We could always try and Photoshop the stones into it and then play with the colors.
2.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Catmom :)

girlie-girl:the setting will be custom, probably a 3 stone with a little twist---am waiting to here about one other aspect I was checking on for the setting.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the plat with the RG would make it more unique and special looking, but it will be beautiful either way!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I guess time will tell :)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like platinum for this stone because of the purple undertones. Since purple is a cooler color I personally think it looks better in platinum. But it will be gorgeous either way!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results