shape
carat
color
clarity

What to wear to October (outdoor) wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
Ladies, I''ve been looking for something to wear to a wedding next week, and I''m having no luck. If the weather cooperates, it will be outdoors on Lake Michigan - and therefore probably chilly! I''d like something dressy and semi-formal but don''t want to totally sacrifice comfort, and most cute dresses I''ve seen are either strappy or strapless.

Suggestions for something cute and seasonally appropriate? I''d like to spend less than $150, but if it were something I could wear for other occasions, could probably spend a bit more.

TIA!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k. I know you don''t want strappy or strapless....

But, i''m attending a wedding in about a week and a half and I got an awesome dress from the Ann Taylor celebrations line for only 40.00! (They retail at 198.00/ dress) plus they send you a free garment bag to keep your dress "dust free"

They also have a 40% off sale on select styles....

Here''s the Website: Ann taylor Celebrations

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Whoa...on Lake Michigan? Honestly, I might wear pants with strappy sandals and some sort of dressy top (in my mind, I think of something with a scarf print) and that way you can layer.

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/4/2008 7:10:35 PM
Author: PrincessDijon
O.k. I know you don''t want strappy or strapless....

But, i''m attending a wedding in about a week and a half and I got an awesome dress from the Ann Taylor celebrations line for only 40.00! (They retail at 198.00/ dress) plus they send you a free garment bag to keep your dress ''dust free''

They also have a 40% off sale on select styles....

Here''s the Website: Ann taylor Celebrations

thanks for the suggestion, princess. i was actually just in ann taylor and saw all the cute dresses on sale. didn''t buy one, though, cause none looked warn enough! plus my tan lines from summer looked awful in a strapless dress
40.gif

which one did you get? $40 is a steal - i didn''t see any priced that low...

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/4/2008 8:00:53 PM
Author: Elmorton
Whoa...on Lake Michigan? Honestly, I might wear pants with strappy sandals and some sort of dressy top (in my mind, I think of something with a scarf print) and that way you can layer.

yep! the location is gorgeous. hoping we''ll get a nice (unseasonally warm) day. if the weather''s not good, the ceremony will be indoors.

the dressy pants and scarf-print top is a good idea. i''ll keep my eye out for a nice top - i have dressy pants already.

anyone seen a warm-ish dress that''s cute?

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 9:46:00 PM
Author: EBree
This is cute:

J.Crew Wool Flannel Wrap Dress

It looks like it might be dressy enough in the model photos.

thanks for the link, ebree. i''m a huge j crew fan and actually tried on that very dress when i was looking for something to wear to an interview. i really wanted to like it, but something about the placement of the gathers in front just wasn''t very flattering. the SA told me that most people who''d tried it on felt the same way.

i keep hoping jcrew will come out with something similar but with a little slimmer silhouette, as usually i love the way their clothes fit!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also think a wrap dress, a little wrap shawl or cardigan, and tights with boots would be great. You can also throw on a little jacket if it gets cold, but can remove it easily without spoiling the look.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I just got one of these. I''d think some nice boots or tights would help keep you warm.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
PrincessD was talking about the brown and blue silk dresses on this page: Link

I'd pair it with a nice jacket of some kind. (And then tan lines won't show either!)

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t be of any service with a link, but I live in the Chicago burbs and I''m hoping for an unseasonably warm weekend for you! That lake breeze can be brutal!!

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
DF, tights and boots are a good suggestion... i don''t have any that are dressy enough, but can always use a good excuse to buy more shoes
28.gif

oobie, that''s a cute dress!

freke, thanks for the link!

blair, i''m crossing my fingers too! right now the weather says high of 65 and cloudy...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results