shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band to go with my ER! Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ILoveBeaudry

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone! I just got engaged two weeks ago and am wondering what the best band will be. They all kind of look strange. I don''t want to get one made to go around the ER because I can''t wear it alone. Is it bad to wear wedding band on left hand??

Many thanks,

Diana

DP99876.jpg

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 1:44:33 PM
Author:ILoveBeaudry
Hi Everyone! I just got engaged two weeks ago and am wondering what the best band will be. They all kind of look strange. I don't want to get one made to go around the ER because I can't wear it alone. Is it bad to wear wedding band on left hand??

Many thanks,

Diana
Congratulations on your engagement! I just wanted to say that your engagement ring is B E A U T I F U L!! I think it def can hold it's own. Have you thought of maybe wearing the engagement ring on your right hand? and a stand-alone-wedding ring on your left? (or vice versa)

Again, your ring is reallyyyy gourgeous! What are the specs on that baby?

debzy103

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 2:35:42 PM
Author: Lill_The_Thrill

Date: 10/3/2008 1:44:33 PM
Author:ILoveBeaudry
Hi Everyone! I just got engaged two weeks ago and am wondering what the best band will be. They all kind of look strange. I don''t want to get one made to go around the ER because I can''t wear it alone. Is it bad to wear wedding band on left hand??

Many thanks,

Diana
Congratulations on your engagement! I just wanted to say that your engagement ring is B E A U T I F U L!! I think it def can hold it''s own. Have you thought of maybe wearing the engagement ring on your right hand? and a stand-alone-wedding ring on your left? (or vice versa)

Again, your ring is reallyyyy gourgeous! What are the specs on that baby?
I agree - I''d definitely wear this as a RHR and get whatever wedding band you want for your left hand.

heather318

Shiny_Rock
I don''t really think that any wedding band would look good paired next to your ER because it already has it''s own strong presence.. I agree with PP about wearing either the ER or WB on your right hand..

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others. You have a beautiful ring, but I think that it would look better on its own. Congratulations on your engagement!

ILoveBeaudry

Rough_Rock
Thanks soooo much!!! It is an oval 1.62 G VS2. I love it because you really can''t see the first pave halo, so it makes it LOOK like a 3 carat!! Very tricky:)

I think that is what I will do. Wear it on my right hand.BUT I really want to wear it on my left
7.gif
is it bad to wear your wedding band on right? I know...traditionally I should wear it on my left.

If you guys say wedding band on left...then that''s it! I will wear ER on right but have to make it bigger because my right hand is bigger.

THANK YOU!!!

Diana

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would get a simple thin pave band. I woudl probably wear it on the opposite hand in order to keep the look of your current e-ring (gorgeous by the way)!

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 4:36:05 PM
Author: ILoveBeaudry
I think that is what I will do. Wear it on my right hand.BUT I really want to wear it on my left
7.gif
is it bad to wear your wedding band on right? I know...traditionally I should wear it on my left.

I don''t think you have to follow any particular rules.. If you would rather wear the WB on your right hand, go for it!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Your e-ring is truly stunning -- Congratulations! I adore oval cut.

I would definitely get a pave wedding ring and wear it on my right hand. Then if I were traveling or working with my hands, I would switch wedding ring to right hand. Also, I saw this incredible wedding ring in a bridal magazine that had small oval cuts all around, very tight. It was gorgeous. If you still want the wow factor for occasions where you won''t be wearing your e-ring, I''d go this route.

Either way, I''m sure you''ll find something beautiful!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
It''s been a few years, but when I was in Austria, they wore their wedding bands on the right hand. So, it''s just a matter of custom. I''d suggest wearing the engagement ring solo, and the wedding band on the other hand. Your choice as to which side.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
aaaannnnnddd where is the thread on your gorgeous e-ring???

I want to know more!

I agree with the general consensus by the way about wearing them on separate hands. Congrats!

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think there are any strict rules that you have to follow nowadays. In case this inspires you, traditionally, chinese women wear their wedding band on the right and men wear theirs on the left. That way, when they hold hands (with interlocking fingers), their rings will be touching.
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you should wear it on your left hand if you want to and wear your wedding band on your right.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I ditto Mrs. Salvo. Maybe even a wedding band with colored stones.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would wear it the way you want to wear it. My wedding band is YG and my three stone anniversary ring is WG...there are times that I wear my three stone on my left hand, so I will wear my wedding band on my right...why not, right?!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! I think we are going to need more pictures of that Beaudry e-ring!!! It would depend on what kind of wedding band you wanted as to whether I''d wear it on the right or left hand.

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring, congratulations. I would get a wedding ring to wear when you don''t want to wear your diamond. Nothing wrong with not wearing a set together once you get married.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I think you should definitely wear them on different hands, but as far as which one goes on which-- you can do whatever you want! Thay''re your hands and your (beautiful
30.gif
) rings to do with as you please!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring! Why not just use it as both your e-ring and your wedding ring? I know of people that do that - you won''t be any less married if you don''t have 2 rings on that hand!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results