shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for Charm bracelet ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
For our Godchildren, we were thinking of starting a ''charm'' tradition. Have you seen any great charm bracelets lately that would make a nice lifetime ''collection''?

thanks for your help!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Aw. Sweet idea! I have a charm bracelet from when I was a kid that has charms from all of our vacations, as well as major life events. It''s Sterling Silver, and I still treasure it.

I''ll keep my eyes open and let you know if I find anything!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the Pandora bracelets..sterling silver (you can get gold too). I'm sure you could get one small enough for children. You can add such pretty charms..it takes a while to complete the bracelet, or you can just add a few..I prefer the look with only 4-6 charms on it.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Tiffany has some gorgeous charms! They are definitely ones that would last a child beyond growing up and be appropriate to wear forever. They have charms in both silver and gold, and many with various stones. I think they start around $100 each, but run up to over $1000 (for the ones with diamonds or gemstones). Check them out! Any of these would be classic and not something trendy that would not be in style in a few years.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh what a sweet idea mela lu ! I have a SS charm bracelet with handmade ones I buy from markets/ silversmiths - its a fun tradition to start !
Unless you can find a reliable local artisan, I second the suggestion of Pandora - I have only seen pics of them in mags, but they look fun and girly.

http://www.pandoracharmbracelets.com/

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I third the idea of pandora. Alot of my friends have them and they are very pretty.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
mela lu, how sweet and thoughtful of you. I love charm bracelets. I remember the jingle jangle of mine when I was in Jr. High/High School many years ago. ;-)

You could start with a wire bracelet from James Avery and add any charm. And then slip the charms off to a larger bracelet as they grow. Or just do the
traditional thing with a link charm bracelet. Rembrandt (sp) has tons of charms, I used to have their catalog and found so many ideas in there.

I love the Pandora and Troll bead charm bracelets too. I have 1 that is full and a new one I need to start adding to soon. These bracelets are easy to switch
the charms to a larger size bracelet as the kiddos grow.

Good luck, keep us posted what you decide on. Love the idea.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
mela - i have a charm bracelet with only ''millifiori'' charms.
i love love them and everyone is unique. i''ll take a picture of them
I only have 2 charms right now but plan on getting more one day..
not sure if i spelled it correctly but... you know, the italian
glass that looks like kaleidoscopes. Let me try to find an example..

maiyavel

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely JAMES AVERY!! I have one and there are a ton of charms to choose from!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a link to an old thread about charm bracelets. It isn''t very long, but it has several links to other threads embedded in it! I hope it is useful. I adore charm bracelets. My daughter and I both have them. A charm bracelet was featured in one of Margaret Maron''s mysteries, her Deborah Knott series, and it really made me want one!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-charm-bracelets.76552/

Deb
34.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i just checked out the james avery and those are lovely!

i just gave my friend a pandora bracelet and started her off with a few key charms... my intention is to give her a new charm for special occasions or to commemorate moments in life. they have such a wide selection and variety that i would definitely recommend them since you are planning to do the same thing. i ordered online as she lives across the country from me, but i recently saw her and she was wearing it - it looked way better in person than it does online. i was pleasantly impressed! oh, and adding charms is so easy.

my DH gave me a Tiffany charm bracelet recently (sterling silver). it is beautiful, but harder to fill (IMO) because the charms are a bit pricey. also, depending up on the charms you choose it can be a pain to add them - i have to take it to Tiffany along with three charms because i would prefer them to sauder the charm''s link to the bracelet''s link rather than to use their clunky spring clasp to connect them.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Awwwwwwwww what a great response!!! Thank your for all of your suggestions!

gekodani, beau, MaryAlaina, Arjunajane, MMT, bebe, MrsV, Mommabear, maiyavel, AGBF, rainydaze - thank you!

I love the Pandora ones. From what I can see, the charms end up sitting side-by-side, right? Do they slide around the bracelet when there is only a couple on?

I like the James Avery because it's more of a traditional style and could probably transition into adulthood. Now the challenge is to see if they sell them in Canada. To the 1-800-numbers I go!!!!!!!!!

ETA: Sadly James Avery does not have any retail outlets in Canada. Le sigh. I'm waiting to hear back from Elisa Ilana (Pandora).

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2008 4:38:30 PM
Author: mela lu
Awwwwwwwww what a great response!!! Thank your for all of your suggestions!

gekodani, beau, MaryAlaina, Arjunajane, MMT, bebe, MrsV, Mommabear, maiyavel, AGBF, rainydaze - thank you!

I love the Pandora ones. From what I can see, the charms end up sitting side-by-side, right? Do they slide around the bracelet when there is only a couple on?

I like the James Avery because it''s more of a traditional style and could probably transition into adulthood. Now the challenge is to see if they sell them in Canada. To the 1-800-numbers I go!!!!!!!!!

ETA: Sadly James Avery does not have any retail outlets in Canada. Le sigh. I''m waiting to hear back from Elisa Ilana (Pandora).
yes, and yes, they do slide around
i ordered my friend''s online and had it shipped to her, which is also how i plan to do it with future charms i give her.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results