shape
carat
color
clarity

Comments on this workmanship

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

darling

Shiny_Rock
I was browsing online and came across this ring. Looking at it from the top I could tell the stone was not very symmetrical. Assuming the setting was made for the stone, why do they not align with each other better? I am wondering how many of you would find this acceptable in your rings, and if magnification is making it look worse than in reality.
Just to clarify, I am not trying to pick on the vendor, I think they have some very attractive rings.

gallery example.jpg

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Given my long standing history of ring OCD, that stuff will drive me nuts. I mean I''m sick in the head, really.
I bet you the stuff is not that notorious IRL. It looks like the setting is hand made.
Lovely design though.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I'd have to see it from the top to really reply to the wonky basket, but I can tell that the finish work stinks!! What finish work was done, that is.

And I'd be really concerned about how the seats in those prongs were cut!

darling

Shiny_Rock
Here is the top view. I am not contemplating purchasing it, just looking. I love the color of the stone though.

top example.jpg

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, it's a pass for me. I'm too sick in the head to be OK with it. Yes, lovely stone.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 1:57:19 PM
Author: lesco
Nope, it''s a pass for me. I''m too sick in the head to be OK with it. Yes, lovely stone.
LMAO.

Ditto here.

LostieLovesBling

Shiny_Rock
What a shame. This is a really cool ring, but too many weird angles for me too.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
To me, that actually looks like the stone is cut a little crooked, and so they made the setting to fit it. Weird. Not terrible, but it would bother me for sure.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, the whole setting looks too wonky for my taste. Looks as if the person who made it had 1 too many beers.
20.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
My e-ring is set slightly off. I notice it in up close pictures but If just look at my ring, it''s not noticeable unless you move it around and try to line things up. It really doesn''t bother me... it makes my ring quirky!
3.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 2:17:05 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
To me, that actually looks like the stone is cut a little crooked, and so they made the setting to fit it. Weird. Not terrible, but it would bother me for sure.
Agreed, I''m not sure if it''s just the angle, but the cut corners look to be very different sizes. Larger on the upper left and lower right than the upper right and lower left? I immediately thought that if I were in charge of cutting a stone it would come out like this, haha. Such a pretty color, though.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 2:17:05 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Though the concept of the ring is pretty, I will have to agree with MonkeyPie in that the cut of the stone is off a bit too much. It almost looks like they tried to compensate for the wonky cut by designing the setting around it, but, it just does not seem to be very seamless in this case. You could have the stone re-cut, but then you would have to go through the trouble of having it set again. I would take a pass on this one, if it were me.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm pretty sure I know who the vendor is and if I am right not only is their workmanship pretty horrid but their return policy and customer service are even worse...

Unacceptable in my book.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, it looks pretty bad. I would run screaming from that setting!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
The head on my e-ring is a little off, and at first I would STARE at it, but I have actually come to love it because i know it is uniquely ''mine''. HOWEVER, that ring is too off for me, I think the stone is what gets me the most, the asymmetry of it would make me nuts!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty colors but WONKY setting!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yeah... Really pretty ring, but the slightly crooked setting would drive me BONKERS!!
26.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Very poor craftsmanship.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a poorly cut stone, perhaps native cut? Anyway, no amount of workmanship will make that stone look symmetrical.

That said, although the pic is greatly magnified, I would not accept the file marks, poor buffing, and most of all the deeply cut prongs.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
ditto the unacceptable-ness!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
wow, I''m usually pretty forgiving when it comes to hand-done looking craftsmanship, but that''s just too wonky for me.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Wow-for the price they want for that ring, I would expect much much better craftmanship---terrible!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m afraid I have to agree.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I say unacceptable, it looks to off.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results