shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 29th Sept till 5th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday night kids!

I can't remember if I checked in already today or not (senility at 38, LOL... ). Not much to report; did a hard workout today (65 mins on the elliptical with my heart rate in the high 160s/170s). Simply NOT interested in eating these past three or four days. Maybe I'll go over to the new grocery store by us tomorrow and just wander up and down the aisles until *something* tickles my fancy because I swear I am not even taking in 1000 cals/day.
14.gif

On a good/bad note, I tried on my wedding dress today (it was a simple sleeveless beaded cream evening gown) to see if I could wear it to the Black and White Ball that's coming up next month (I'm so tired of black!) and the dress was TOO BIG.
6.gif
I know I should be glad, but I was honestly a little bummed becuase I do love it and I may never get to wear it again.
39.gif
But really, how bummed can I be about something from ten years ago being too big now?

Anyway, sorry for just a fly-by; gotta go clean all the stuff off the bed from another round of closet purging before I can even think about climbing under the covers...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod, after 2 days of staying home I am ready to go back to the office too.I am like you, I get easily distracted.I am glad Charlie got some of the follow up done on getting new cards and reporting the incident to the police.What a hassle.I guess Marty will be home in about 90 minutes.His budget is due by noon tomorrow so he’s going to come home tonight and go in early tomorrow to work on it.The email to directors said budgets had to be done by tomorrow, the emails to managers didn’t have a date on it.There are going to be a lot of unhappy managers tomorrow when they find that updated email in their inbox.I had a Dell before I got this one this summer.It worked pretty good for me but was definitely getting too slow for my online class needs.

Panda, I am delighted to hear you are engaged “officially” and that you have your ring.

hi501.gif
Are there pictures posted out there?Huh, huh?
1142023wc11ro40lj.gif
It sounds like you had a great birthday.

DeeJay, that is wonderful your wedding dress is too big.

woohoo.gif
If you really love it maybe you could have it altered to fit you so you could enjoy wearing it again.It sounds pretty.

Well, take care and have a great Thursday.

1236095icwbwasd8f.gif

Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

It was an off day for me as I had my class this evening and I can''t find my damn gym card! GRRR.

Miska, avgolemono soup is an egg/rice/broth/veggie soup (I make it with chicken but that could be left out). I tried to find my recipe online but my computer is working really slow. There is a recipe in the WWTer recipe thread, you could substitute veggie broth for chicken and leave out the chicken and you might really like it. It''s a household fave.

Dee, hooray for a big wedding dress! Have it altered!

Rod, being alone can be fun sometimes!

Glad you''re on the mend, Marcy.

Have a great night all. I''m hungry, we''re having burgers.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
okay, once again, I haven''t been able to keep up.

I feel like that kid in school. You know, the one that couldn''t quite keep up during the "mile run" on the track. Well, lately, I''m that kid. (and honestly, I was usually that kid on the track, too...but we''ve discussed my general hatred of running, so I digress).

I saw that Marcy''s pants are falling off, YAY! Panda''s birthday, YAY! Dee*Jay''s dress, YAY! (btw-can you take it in??) Working from home, well I like it. Nine Zillion degrees, BLECH! New Jewels, YAY! Paris, WoW!!

We''re closing on the house on Oct 8th. Then I''ll be able to get in and scrub it before we move that weekend. Getting really antsy!

JT''s still forging ahead. We had a setback, but all is good again, or at least it will be soon!

Have a great tomorrow all!

Oh, and YAY FALL!!

corgan

Shiny_Rock
Good morning!

I had a good day yesterday, I did 45 minutes of aquatic exercise with my daughter! It was an awesome workout! The only thing was my 4 month old was having a bit of a rough day (I think she is getting sick) so she had a little rough patch during class so I didn''t get to do all the exercises but just to keep moving and holding her was a pretty good exercise in itself! My poor baby had a hard time going to sleep last night but she did sleep through the night so I thats good.

For dinner I had perogies and a few bites of chocolate cake (no icing).

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t been good at keeping up lately! Well I went to the gym last night and worked out, my trainer was there working with another person and he kept cheering me on- so that was nice. I really like the new gym a lot! Its not too big or too small- its just right (I feel like Goldilocks)! Anyway, we have a softball game tonight so that will probably be the exercise for me for the day unless I get motivated when I get home to do something else! I''ll be gone all weekend (as usual) so no exercise until Monday
7.gif

Rod: I know how you feel about working from home. My old job required me to work from home and I was so lonely! I missed having coworkers to chat with! Maybe when I''m older it would be easier to work from home, but I love that I have coworkers that are my friends at work now!

Panda: Your Leon is GORGEOUS!!! Sounds like you had a good time with your FI. Also, whats going on with our Colts this season!?

Dee: Yay for the hard workout and your dress being too big! I''m sure you''ll find something fabulous to wear!

Shiny: I get what you mean about keeping up- its hard! Yay for closing on your house!! Less than a week!

Corgan: Its so cute that you get a workout in with your daughter- I hope she feels better soon! My mom used to do baby aquatics wth us when we were little, I''m sure I''ll do it with mine one day too! She swears that is why we all love water now
1.gif

I''m glad to see everyone else is doing great too- I hope you all have a fantastic day!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When the sun goes down tonight, step outside and look west. You''ll see Venus and the crescent moon beaming through the rosy glow of sunset. It''s a beautiful way to end the day

I''ll respond to everyone tonight. I am going to work today.
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Morning all! My sister''s coming for a visit this weekend, so the hubby and I had to clean his man cave last night. Oy. What a project. Kinda frightening the amount of stuff we accumulate!!!

I''m down 1.5 since Sat, so yay for that! Also feeling better, yay for antibiotics!

Miscka -I am so going to have to check out those popsicles - I''m going to Whole Foods tonight anyway!

Marcy - MOUSE! ACK!
23.gif
I would have reacted the same way. Glad you''re feeling better.

SDL- What a great list of possible rewards!
36.gif
I can''t wait to see what you choose.

Panda - I''m a dork. Happy Belated Birthday! Are there ring pics somewhere?!?!?

SomethingShiny - How exciting about your house!
36.gif

Rod - I''d never be able to work from home, I don''t think I''d ever get anything done!

Corgan - Aw, water exercise with the kidlet sounds like fun! I hope your little one feels better.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning! Well, I finally have a moment to check in since I dropped Andrew off at school a few minutes ago. I am about to go for a long run today. It is so beautiful here, 70 degrees and blue skies. I just love Florida this time of year:) I have been super busy with my newly formed business. It seems like when I do one order for someone, then several other people that try the cupcakes want to place an order. And there might actually be an even bigger opportunity for me. I brought some cupcakes in to Andrew''s teachers as a nice surprise on Friday and then the this week, the teacher pulls me aside and mentions that one of her friends is opening a cupcake shop down the road soon and wants to talk to me about making the cupcakes for the shop! I''m not sure if I will do it or not b/c I really like doing it on my own so I can make my own hours etc, but it will be really interesting to see what she is offering at least. Well, I better get out for that morning run before I lose my motivation. Hope everyone has a fab. day!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Good Morning all!!!!

A brief catch-up from yesterday, I stayed around 1200 cals yesterday....this healthy eating is starting to become a bit easier as I go! :). I always have my "rough" time between 4 and 7 because for some reason that''s the tie I want to fall off track the most. Luckily, you all introduced me to the WONDERFUL treat that is Fage!!!

Seriously, that 2%, 7oz container REALLY filled me up! I was barely hungry by dinner time and I didn''t even have "dessert" last night!

Today is officially 1 week since I started my healthier lifestyle and I''ve only had 1 soda the whole week.I am aiming for zero soda as a mini-goal for next week!

I also ended up walking about 5 miles yesterday! :D

Well, it''s off to walking again!

35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good morning folks (and evening for some.....
9.gif
)
35.gif
:

It got to a high of 27 C yesterday and heavenly here. I love the warm weather!!!! The leaves are falling and it is SO beautiful outside. Sadly the warm temps will change to cool and very cool soon, but i ma enjoying the monent.

Off for a run/bike soon.

Congrats to people weight loss/success/goals and lifestyle changes! woohoo!
36.gif
Every bit helps!

cheers--Sharon

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I fear this day may be a lost cause, food wise. Not even going to tell you guys what I have eaten, just know that its bad! However, I did not make it to the grocery last night, so I am going tonight. I made a list, and it is all good and healthy stuff, so that should help get me back on track.

Kimberly, I am off to look that recipe up. Sounds AMAZING! I had some Annie''s last night for dinner. So good!

SDL I vote for the antique ring! I love antique jewelery. I like all of your choices, though!

Panda your ring is STUNNING! Seriously stunning. If I had something that gorgeous on my finger I think I would be too distracted to remember to eat
3.gif

DeeJay, I hope you find something appetizing. I never had that problem, lol. Congrats (ish) on the dress! I know you are sad about it, but what an accomplishment!

Rod, pizza is a serious weakness of mine. Luckily for me, as far as pizza goes I tend to like the healthier stuff (thinner crust, not very much cheese and I dont eat meat) so I don''t fight myself too hard on that one! My mom was ALWAYS dieting growing up, and for awhile we would order no-cheese pizza! So I got used to it, lol, and like it that way. Congrats on closing a deal!

Gecko, did you find them???

Dijon, good work on the soda!

Is anyone else a coffee lover? I am a caffeine lover in general! The Starbucks right by my house and office (my house is like 20 yards from work) closed, and I cannot deal with the office drama surrounding the coffee at work, lol. So I ordered a french press! I am so excited for it to get here! Has anyone used one? Is it easy?

I also plan on walking to Dunkin Donuts this weekend (a mile or 2 away) for NO DONUTS but to try their coffee. Everyone always talks about it, and it is a new place here. I think I do better walking if I am *going* somewhere.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

This morning I did 65 mins on the dreadmill (damn--I just CANNOT keep my heart rate below 140 without virtually coming to a full stop, so I settle for 150 on my slow days) and then two sets of arms. There is this machine that I actually have to climb up on to reach the handles and then bring them down to me as I sit on the seat (oh the joys of being 5 feet tall...
20.gif
) so I'm always glad when no one else is there to see me do that, ha ha.

Went to the grocery store and wandered up and down EVERY aisle. Came home with three bags of food, now none of which appeals to me. Perhaps someone should call the morgue and reserve me a spot because I must be just about dead if I don't want to EAT. Maybe I'll go to Starbucks and see if anything strikes me there...

Back later! Have a good day all!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!

Just doing the evening check in!!!

FI went on 2 walks with me today (I honestly expected him to go on only 1)

We walked about 6 miles this morning... We walked an hour to the UCF campus and grabbed some Subway for lunch as a change of pace (man it tasted so much better today....lol.) I did one of the 6 grams of fat subs but I sorta made it 15 by adding lite mayo and mustard to the mix....lol.. I also got some baked lays....All in all lunch was a bit of a splurge but after lunch we still had an hour walk back home.

I also tried about 5 sips of coke zero today (man it tasted like CRAP!!!!!) I think kicking the soda is starting to work because after my five sips, I got up, went to the soda fountain, rinsed my cup out and got ice cold ICE WATER!!!! :D

I drank about 12 glasses of water today so far... I might need more because we went on a 5 mile walk this evening...(Totaling 11 miles walked for the day!)

I think I may need to up my calorie intake today based on the fact that i burned about 900+ cals toay and i have only consumed 1100+ so far today. (My range is 1200-1550/ day)

Hope everyone is doing well and plugging along. Sometimes looking at the big picture is overwhelming so I am learning how to set mini-goals to make the transition easier (I am one of the impatient types).

35.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good evening!

It''s official -- as of this morning, I have lost 11 pounds since I began tracking everything on July 22nd. It''s funny to see my weight fluctuate so much (I know it''s common), but at least it''s working. When I get frustrated, I just look at the number I saw that day in July and know that I''m below that. That''s what counts overall. I know this differs for everyone, but what is a common weight loss to see before going down a size in clothes? 20 lbs? I''m not there yet but I hope it''s soon. I met with my trainer today and he keeps increasing the weights and settings on the machines. It''s hard but at least I''m getting stronger. It feels good.

Rod -- I''m not sure I would do well if I worked at home. Besides the fact that there''d be a class of 7 year olds without a teacher present, I''d find my way to the fridge waaayyyy more that I should.
9.gif

Panda -- the Magic Castle sounds like fun! I''ve never heard of a place like that.

Dee Jay -- I hope you''re not getting sick -- I know you haven''t had much of an appetite lately. Hopefully that will change soon.

Hi Marcy!

GoingCrazy -- isn''t it fun finding a great gym that you like?

Kimberly -- the soup you made sounds really good! I''ll have to look up the recipe.

SS -- Congrats on the new house! I''m glad to hear that JT is doing better. He sounds like a tough guy.

Hi Gorgan! I love perogies and I definitely love chocolate cake, with or without icing!

Yay for the weight loss Gecko!

Steph -- good luck with the cupcake business! Whether you work for the shop or on your own, it sounds like a lot of fun!

PD -- walking 5 miles?? That''s great! I drink mostly water, but sometimes I have a diet soda craving, so I give in. I often find it too sweet though, so then I go back to water. Best of luck kicking the soda habit!

Hi Sharon -- fall is my favorite season. It''s beautiful, isn''t it? We''ve had a lot of rain here in New England, but the leaves are turning color, and it''s so pretty. I never get tired of it.

Miscka -- DD is making its way to your area? They''re on every corner and street here, and it''s Starbucks that is just beginning to appear more. I like coffee, but I rarely drink it. I''m more of a hot chocolate fan. DD does have great coffee though. I can''t compare it to Starbucks'' though, since I''ve never had it.

SDL -- good luck with the studying! It''s for a test, right, for the next/final phase of 911 dispatch? I''m sorry if I have that wrong. I know you''re in the field...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''ll do GREAT, SDL! Best of luck to you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!

35.gif
Marty had a bad day at work getting his budget done so we went out to supper tonight.I ate some fattening food but he needed a night out.I did go for a nice work during break today at work so that should burn off a few of those calories.

Geckodani, good luck on cleaning out the man cave!Congratulations for being down 1.5 pounds.

cheerleader1.gif
I told Marty last night I’ve never missed him so much as when I found that dead mouse.

Steph, that is great you are getting so many opportunities with your cupcakes.Good luck with that.

1.gif

PrincessDijon, that is great you stayed in your calorie range and went for a nice long walk.

Sharon, enjoy the lovely weather – I see next week it is cooling off here.

Miscka, Marty has a coffee press and love it.It also has a cappuccino maker too.Don’t feel bad about what you ate just strive to eat the best you can.Baby steps will get you there.

DeeJay, yay for starting the day off with a great workout.

SanDiegoLady, no worries on a pound fluctuation.I am sure it’s water weight.Good luck at work.

Zoe, congratulations for losing 11 pounds.That is awesome.

congrats.gif

Have a great evening.

Marcy

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I didn''t get a chance to read everyone''s messages. I just got home from my 5th training session. We worked out my arms and legs today (lots of weights and lunges). I feel like a big blob of jelly. I came home with my red face and crazy hair. My FI looked at me like I was nuts. I said see I am going to lose weight for the wedding you watch. I haven''t really been eating healthy this week. Think Pick Up Stix and mexican food in one day (if that weren''t bad enough, add soda). I need to get back on track if I really want to lose this weight. Anyway going to hop in the shower. Talk to everyone later.
1.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday All,

I still can''t find my gym card, will be buying a new one this afternoon. We had lobster tails (Rod, they were on sale for $5.99 a lb at my Henry''s, unbelievable, eh?!) puerta nuevo style (I think that''s what it''s called) for dinner last night. My weight is still holding steady. We''re having dinner with a friend of mine and her husband this evening, should be fun.

Miska, here''s the recipe I use: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cat-cora/avgolemono-chicken-soup-with-egg-lemon-sauce-recipe/index.html. It would definitely still be tasty without the chicken (chicken isn''t too flavorful!).

Zoe, congratulations! You should be so proud of yourself.

Corgan, glad you had a great workout with your little one.

PD, UCF=UC Fresno? How cool that FI walked with you!

Marcy, poor Marty, but so glad you had a nice night out.

Have a great day, all.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Finally made it to the grocery! I think I made some good choices. Got shrimp, brown rice, some Annie''s pasta, some soup and produce. Yay! I feel much better.

Since I love to talk about food
3.gif
I wanted to share my new find with you guys. Kashi Honey Sunshine. OMG, this stuff is incredible. Very low-cal, and I love Kashi brand because they don''t put sugar in their cereals. They sweeten with honey and rice syrup, which I appreciate. It tastes SO good! So that is my recommendation for the day.

I had that for breakfast, and will have a lean cuisine (a new yummy-looking fish one) for lunch. Not sure yet about dinner. My mom offered to buy me dinner since I am watching her dog...but I want to find something healthy! I am thinking an avocado sandwich from a local place. Tonight I have a date
31.gif
so I may have some wine or something then.

Congrats on the weight loss, Zoe! I think 15-20 is the range I start to need smaller sizes. That is kind of depressing when I think of it that way! But it is a great feeling once you get there, which it sounds like you will be soon!!

Marcy, thanks for the encouragement! Back on the wagon today!
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Miscka - I found them! Thank you!

The man cave has been conquered. 3 hours. 6 trash bags. 2 good will boxes. It was an EVENT! LOL!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning. Just taking a break while my cupcakes are in the oven. I have a birthday party tomorrow, so I am baking away. I am going to give away the extras to Andrew''s teachers this afternoon since I don''t want them hanging around my house all weekend:) Anyway, I am planning on doing a 3 mile run this evening when Adam gets home. Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday!

Princess, that is my "rough" time of day too. I am so snacky from around 3-7 until we eat dinner. I try to just have healthy snacks on hand that are filling.

Sharon, glad you are enjoying lovely weather!

Miscka, no worries on eating some bad things...happens to all of us.

DJ, yea for your great gym workout!

SDL, 1 lb is still something to be proud of....it all adds up to big losses!

Zoe, yea to 11 lbs...that is awesome!

Marcy, glad you enjoyed your night out with Marty!

museikchik, glad you had a great workout session...don''t beat yourself up about the food. Tomorrow is another day!

Kimmi, yum for lobster!

Hi, Gecko and everyone else!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Friday, Everyone!
21.gif

Goodness, I''m sorry I''ve fallen so behind in keeping up with you guys. This has been an exciting week for me (for those interested, if you haven''t seen it already, my new ering is in the STMR thread) but unfortunately, a lost one, eating and exercise-wise. But that''s okay, there''s always time to get back onto the saddle, right? I feel like I keep saying that at the beginning of every week!
3.gif

PrincessDijon, YAY for your size 10 dress, for adjusting to your new diet, and for long walks!

Corgan, I know what you mean about not being able to stop eating. I can be pretty good but then the slightest thing can throw me off track and before I know it, I''ve inhaled a plate of pasta! I think staying active makes a big difference, YAY for swimming bootcamp! That sounds like fun.

Welcome, Asschers13! Portion size is key. I struggle with that the most, as I''m more of an all or nothing kinda gal because once I have the first bite, it''s over! Good luck with your paper on Asian-American novels. What kind of class is that for?

Hi Zoe! YAY for going to the trainer regularly! CONGRATS on your 11 pounds lost!!!
36.gif

Dee*Jay, you''re a workout machine! YAY for your wedding dress being TOO big! Hope you find something you want to eat soon! Sometimes, I feel that nothing sounds good and will spend an hour wandering around a grocery store. My FI calls it supermarket paralysis.

Hi Marcy! Aw, I''m sorry you''ve been under the weather. I hope you''ve recovered. Goodness, that dead mouse would have freaked me out too!!! Right now, we have this mysterious bug problem at our place. Not sure what it is but FI and I have been getting bites all over the place! Ack! We have to get to the bottom of that!!! Aw... I missed Venus rising
8.gif

Kim, YAY for your workouts! Your yellow curry chicken and lobster tails sound so good!

Rod, oy, you''ve had a busy week! I admire you for being so consistent with your workouts despite the busy schedule. I need to take a page out of your playbook! BOO to whoever kept Charlie''s wallet and ran up his credit cards!!!
29.gif

SS, I''m glad to hear that JT''s over the hump. YAY on closing on your house soon! That is so exciting!!!

Hi, Linda!

Geckodani, I''m glad you''re feeling better. LOL on cleaning your DH''s man cave!!! We had that some project before my family came by last weekend for my birthday.

GC20, thanks for the compliment on my ering. I''m glad you''re enjoying your new gym and that your trainer was encouraging! What is up with our team?!? I confess I haven''t been following as closely this season... we''re getting a new 42" flat screen tv this weekend so that''ll definitely bump up my football viewing. I hope the Colts get into gear soon. Oooh, I forgot to look into getting tickets when they''re in San Diego next month!

Miscka, YAY for finally getting to the grocery! I need to get into the grocery store too. If you have a Trader Joe''s near you, try the roasted veggie whole grain lasagna. We had it last Friday and it was good! It''s enough to serve four. I have a zillion cookbooks (I love reading them!) and I''ll see if I can some some quick and simple veggie recipies for you. Thanks for the nice compliment on my ering. I wish it made me forget to eat! I love coffee and thought about getting a french press. I worried that the coffee will be TOO strong with a french press but I guess that may depend on the type of coffee used. I wound up getting a Keurig instead. You''ll have to tell me how the french press works out.

PW, I''m glad you''re feeling much better these days! YAY for your consistent workouts and seeing progress!

SDL, CONGRATS for hitting under 160!!!
36.gif
You deserve your jewelry gift and I can''t wait to see what you choose! I hear you about wanting cooler weather. We''ve been scorching in the 90''s too! Good luck with getting through your phase at work!

Apple, hope you have a great time in Paris! I''m so jealous!

Hi Steph! Good luck with your new business! That''s great that you can turn something you enjoy doing into something that''ll generate income.

Hi Skippy! We MISS you!!! Glad you''re enjoying your time with your family!

Sharon, glad you''re enjoying your nice weather. Sounds like great conditions for a run or for biking.

Museikchik, two steps forward, one step back. You''ll get back on track!

Whew! I think I got everyone! TGIF!!! Have a great day!!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
wowee! I see this thread has enticed some new members. I''m back and I''m married! Can you believe it? FINALLY. I have taken up swimming as my physical activity because it''s something I''ve always wanted to conquer. I didn''t learn to swim until I was about 12, and despite years and years of group swim classes, there were important swimming skills that I couldn''t master, like treading water.

So a few months before the wedding I signed up for private lessons and it''s been wonderful. I''m getting much more comfortable in the water and am swimming laps by myself in deep water (albeit in a very nice pool in the slow lane). Still can''t tread water but my stroke techniques are SO much better.

DJ, I love that you wanted to wear your wedding dress to the black and white ball. I can''t wait to wear my dress again. Why can''t you have it taken in? It''ll also motivate you to stay in shape!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

This morning I woke up at two-f*cking-o'clock with a mosquito buzzing around my head and I could not go back to sleep.
29.gif
I finally dozed off when the HH took the monsters out for their 5 am walk, but they woke me up again when they came back to bed and that was that. I was at the gym before 7 this morning. ACK!

Did 65 mins on the hampster wheel with my heart rate in the 170s. Still no real appetite, and the scale is now giving me 18.5 lbs off since the beginning of July (3 of those are from Sunday 'till now
6.gif
), but I really hope I feel like eating something soon because this is not the "diet" I had in mind, LOL.

About the wedding dress; it's very intricately beaded on literally every square inch so I don't know about taking it in. That being said, someone did *make* it so I'm sure it could be altered, but I just don't know. Plus, now I'm worried that rather than just replacing the broken metal part of the zipper that zipped off the bottom that they will have to replace the whole thing, and that will not be (a) cheap or (b) easy. We'll have to see about this... I guess the good news is I figured all this out a month in advance and not 10 minutes before I wanted to walk out the door!

Panda, I just hate to food shop. One time the HH was on a long ski trip and I finally gave in and went to the store. After wandering around for what felt like DAYS I finally left with pepperoni and chocolate peanut butter ice cream.

Steph, I can be snacky in the afternoons too (except now, ha ha, when I don't seem to want to eat anything ever
20.gif
); what sort of snacks do you keep around? I'm always looking for a new good idea.

Gecko, YAH for conquering the man cave!!

Michelle, I had the parmessean crusted fish LC a few weeks ago too. I was pretty skeptical at first but since that's all there was in the house I tried it and I actually liked it!

Miscka, *A DATE*?!? Oh la la! Keep us posted!
31.gif

Kimi, your lobster tails sound marvelous!

Museikchik, good for you for sticking with the trainer!

Marcy, how is your weather? It's getting a little chilly here and I was thinking if it's like this here I can only imagine what it's like where Marcy is, LOL!

Zoe, woo hoo for 11 lbs! That's awesome!!! About the clothes sizes, I remember reading that 11 pounds = one size.

Princess, mini-goals are the way to go! If I thought about how much total I wanted to lose I'd probably just collapse on the couch with a tub of Ben and Jerry's and bottle of wine, but in pieces it's much more manageable.

Sharon, I should know this, but give me the Celsius (sp?) to Farenheit conversion. Is 27 warm or cold?
Going, are you going to change your screen name to Goldilocks?
2.gif

Corgan, how is your little girl doing? I hope she isn'ts getting sick!

Shiny, I hate to run too! The HH is doing a 5K (sponsored by my company no less) on Sunday and he want's to go over early so he can *warm up by running a few miles* and then he said I can just drop him off, rather than waiting for him to finish, and he'll run home.
23.gif

Rod, how goes the working at home? Are you going to your new office on Monday?

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
SDL no, but that one sounds good too! This one was baked in some kind of Tortilla crust with a side of rice with corn, poblano and red peppers with a sour cream sauce and some cheese. YUUUMMMM. It was great. I will look for the other one too!

Panda, I SO wish we had a TJs! I know I would be obsessed. However, I live in a small town and we don''t have one
39.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Had a great workout this afternoon, 45 mins. cardio + leg weights, getting ready to hop in the shower for dinner. Have a great evening all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi.
35.gif
Happy weekend. We went to the mall after supper and wandered around. Marty found some clothes on sale but I only picked up my merelani mint earrings. They turned out nice. Of course now I have to wait to see if they actually replace my pendant i lost because their chain broke.
I think I am on maintenance this week instead of trying to lose; it’s been a week of food foolery for me. Today I indulged in some divine chocolate cake at work.
Muse, you’ll be a beautiful bride!
Kimi, do you have to buy a new gym card because you lost it? Is it a punch card? That is rotten. What a deal on lobster tails! Glad to hear your weight is holding steady.
Miscka, yay for picking up some healthy food at the store. I need to shop tomorrow. I haven’t decided what to cook for dinner this weekend yet. I am glad to hear you are back on the wagon today. I certainly wasn’t eating chocolate cake. I’d best watch it this weekend.
3.gif

SanDiegoLady, that’s a great idea to get in a nice walk before going to work.
Geckodani, woo hoo for getting the man cave clean.
Steph, how nice and smart to give away the extra cupcakes. I think the mid afternoon time frame is my roughest part of the day as well.
Panda, you have had quite an exciting week. It’s rough to stick to your routines with so much going on. OMG at getting bug bites. I had spider bites one time on my forehead and I had to go get cortisone shots in them because they got infected. Maybe do a bug bomb. They work pretty well.
CrownJewel, welcome back and congratulations on your marriage.
DeeJay sorry to hear about the stupid mosquito buzzing around your head. I am crazy about killing any bug that is around or I can’t sleep. Congratulations on losing 18.5 pounds
36.gif
but I hope you start to get your appetite back. That is kind of scary. I would think they could fix and alter your dress, it sounds pretty. Our weather has been in the 60’s to 70’s during the days but next week we’ll only be in the 50’s. If the sun is down it is pretty chilly.
Well, it’s past my bed time. I am going to be lazy and not use all the cute emoticons. Sorry to let you down.
1.gif

Marcy

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the congrats about my weight loss so far. So what did I do to celebrate? Go out to dinner.
20.gif
Yeah, I need to work on that.
9.gif
It seems that I''ve adopted the "if I want something bad enough I won''t deprive myself but I''ll be "good" the rest of the time" attitude. We went swimming at the gym after school yesterday, and it was a fun, yet short, workout. I don''t think they heat the lap pool enough though -- it was freezing! Brrrr. I think we only stayed in there about 20 minutes before moving to the jacuzzi to warm up. Then we went to see "Flash of Genius," which was really good. I made a comment about how it was really good but predictable, and my husband said with a grin, "yeah, movies based on historical events often are predictable." Funny man.
1.gif
We went to one of our [my] favorite Italian/Greek restaurants after, where I indulged a bit. But it was SOOOO yummy. I had my usual: a mini gyro appetizer and a side of angel hair pasta with tomato sauce. For dessert -- a mini cannoli with chocolate mousse instead of the usual ricotta filling. To quote Rachel Ray: Yum-o!

I''m heading to Boston this morning for the PS get-together. We''re having brunch and then we''re off to the jeweler''s building. Well, I don''t think I''ll be able to go to the jeweler''s building because my husband and I have plans later, but I''ll still be able to see everyone again and have great food.

Have a good weekend everyone!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. Just hanging out this Saturday. I went on a nice 3 mile walk this am and it was beautiful out. Just enjoying a cup of coffee before I leave to deliver a cupcake order for a little girl''s birthday party. I am going to post a pic in the cupcake thread, but the quality is not so good since our camera decided to break, Adam took it for me on his blackberry. Anyway, hope everyone is having a great weekend!

DeeJay, as far as healthy snacks I try to keep on hand for snacky times....I always have some natural almonds, Laughing cow cheeses (only 35 cals), baked chips and salsa, some deli turkey to roll up with cheese, carrots and celery and lf dip, 100 cal popcorn packs, lf cottage cheese with a bit of jam mixed in, and grapes. That''s about all I can think of, but I do try to keep lots of options in case I''m craving sweet or salty.

Marcy, a week of not loosing won''t hurt you skinny lady! Glad your earrings turned out great!

Rod, hope you are enjoying this lovely Florida weather today!

Skippy, we miss you! Hope you are having fun with the fam!

Hi, Kimberly, Zoe, Miscka and everyone else!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results