shape
carat
color
clarity

Memoire setting, round two

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
I got engaged back in May and FI gave me a gorgeous full eternity Memoire setting, which I promptly damaged to the point of it having to be remade.
39.gif
The original thread is here. I finally have the new ring and it looks better than ever. The sidestones are larger this time to allow for a larger area to attach the head and the head sits a little lower than before.

FI worked with Bailey Banks & Biddle to get the ring remade by Memoire and I would say that they did a great job leading him through that process. I should also mention that Memoire guarantees their settings (not sure if it''s for life?) and they didn''t charge us to make a totally new ring.

The specs according to the appraisal:
Center stone: 2.43 ct, G, VS1, AGS 0
Sidestones: 16 stones approx. .10 ct each, G-H, VS1-VS2

Now onto the good stuff...the pics!

Old/first setting:

Maggiesringforpricescope482.jpg

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Sorry the pics are a little big but I don''t think I''ll go back to change them all.

Maggiesringforpricescope4.jpg

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Side shot. Sorry it''s kinda dirty.

Maggiesringforpricescope6.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! I bet you must be so excited to have it back...it must have been torture without it!

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
This shows the sizing band in the back. It''s a little large for my taste and the ring is a little too big in general so I''m kind of annoyed that they made the sizing area so big.

I may get beads put inside to tighten up the ring but I don''t want to give it up again! Anyone know how long it takes to get them added? Plus the ring isn''t solid on the inside - it has holes behind each stone - so I''m not sure how they''d attach the beads.

Maggiesringforpricescope24.1.jpg

chipp

Rough_Rock
Wow! it looks great! I hope my side stones aren''t too small now! what size were your originals? At least I know memoire will fix it if anything ever happens to it. I actually told the vendor about what happened to your ring and made sure they asked memoire if the small size of the stones with the size of my stone (2.3) would be a problem. They said it would be fine, BUT we''ll see. I also asked them to set the diamond as low as possible so hopefully that will help. I''m having memoire add sizing beads to my full eternity so I know that it is possible somehow. Just make sure you have memoire put the beads in and not Bailey Banks & Biddle because that would void the memoire warranty.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring..CONGRATS. The diamond sits farily high, but you did say it was lowered? I guess it''s the head they use. Looks great!

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Hi chipp! I wondered how long it would take you to find my thread.
28.gif
I''m sure your ring will be fine and I probably just had a freak accident with mine or something. I''m excited to see your ring too because I actually prefer the daintier sidestones, but I''m certainly not going to complain about more bling.
30.gif
That''s a good point about having Memoire do the sizing beads so I don''t void the warranty. That actually makes me not want to bother with them because I don''t want to part with it again!

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, they said they lowered the head but I don''t notice much difference from before. Maybe I''m just not noticing what they changed?? I''m happy with it regardless but here''s the original head for comparison.

Maggiesringforpricescope422.1.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you got your ring back! I like the larger stones in the setting. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take Memoire to remake the ring? Seems like that happened quite some time ago!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL RING! I had sizing beads put in my right hand ring and it took a few hours so I had it back that day. but, if you have to send it to Memoire, I''m not sure how long that would take!

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
I think it took about 6 weeks for it to be remade. It took me a little longer than that to get it back because I waited until I was visiting FI to get it back instead of mailing it (we were bi-coastal LDR until recently). But I've had it for awhile now and have been bad and just didn't post it until today.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
so beautiful! congrats and lots of happy wishes! my (now) husband and i were long distance for 2 years...yeah to living closer!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is terrific that Memoire stands behind their rings like that! Your ring is gorgeous! I would not recommend adding beads yet. Wait until you are wearing a wedding band with it. The width of two rings will make it fit more snugly. You don''t want to do something now that you''ll just have to undo when you get married!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results