shape
carat
color
clarity

WF ES - 1.674 ES VSB w/ pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nyc08

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

After looking at more stones than I care to remember and going back and forth on a couple of them, I have finally picked out THE ONE. Some of you may recognize this one as it''s come up in more than a couple threads in the last month. It is a 1.674 H VS2 from Whiteflash with Very Strong Blue fluorescence. I had found it a few days ago but was a little unsure as to how the VSB would affect it. I spoke with Brian yesterday, and he commented that since I was having a custom ring made, it would be best to inspect the stone myself before setting it (good advice!).

Well, I got the stone this morning and WOW! Luckily, we had some sunshine in NYC today and I had the chance to check out how the VSB affects the stone in various lighting conditions. In artificial lighting, I noticed no difference between this one and any non-FL stone I have seen (to be expected, I guess). In indirect sunlight, the stone takes on a beautiful, but slight (though certainly noticeable) purplish tint (not cloudy, not hazy AT ALL - just as Brian noted). In direct sunlight, the tint becomes a bit deeper, but still no milkiness or cloudiness.

It really is a beautiful affect, but of course I know firsthand how difficult it is to conceptualize how it looks without seeing it in person. If anything, I would liken it to these pictures, albeit the color is more purple than blue (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/very-strong-fluorescence-pics-inside.60418/). The affect becomes exacerbated as you bring the stone closer to your eyes - and likewise, it diminishes to the point where you don''t notice it at all at about 16-24 inches.

Pictures to follow shortly, but I also just wanted to say how great this diamond performs. I suspect that the only thing thing keeping this guy from ACA is the FL (which Brian also believed, but did not confirm 100% without putting it back through the H&A viewer). If the better half likes this one half as much as me, then she will be ecstatic.

BTW: this is just a temporary setting given to me by WF to view the stone - it will eventually go in something similar to a Tiffany Channel Set ring.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
emthup.gif
Good for you on taking the chance and looking at it! I love what blue fluoro does for a diamond! Can''t wait to see the pictures!!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your find!! Do you have pics for us?

nyc08

Rough_Rock
For those interested, the WF image and IS at: http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1204644.htm

Here is one showing the slight purplish color...

slightpurple.jpg

nyc08

Rough_Rock
Another...

slightpurplewitharrows.jpg

nyc08

Rough_Rock
Just a quick note - those weird marks at the end of some of the arrows within the table are some byproduct of a reflection of the camera, not inclusions or a defect in the stone...

nyc08

Rough_Rock
and without the purple

Arrowsnopurple.jpg

nyc08

Rough_Rock
taken outside

VSBoutside.jpg

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
ooooh-la-la I have never seen a VSB. It''s a beautiful stone. Can you post more photos in different lights? The effect is fascinating!

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool, I really like the effect. It must be a plus on cloudy days.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Finky cool flour!
21.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that is so cool! Beautiful stone. I can''t wait to see it in your setting!

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much for sharing! i''ve never seen VSB, either. those pics are fascinating - i''d be staring at it continuously!!!!!! so beautiful1 congrats!

nyc08

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the kind words. I will be sure to include more pictures when it comes back with the final setting.

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
i love it!! i''ve never seen a vsb before, but i love the color!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone. I love the color effect of the outdoor picture, that is just so cool!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 7:45:45 PM
Author: geckodani
Finky cool flour!
21.gif
That was supposed to say funky, not finky, LOL. Not sure what finky translates as.
20.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love it!

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Really neat color! Love it!

nyc08

Rough_Rock
A couple more from this morning...

vsboutside2a.jpg

nyc08

Rough_Rock

vsbsidea.jpg

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
What is a VSB? Either way, your stone is GORGEOUS! Love those arrows... yyuuummmm

nyc08

Rough_Rock
VSB is just shorthand for Very Strong Blue fluorescence.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results