shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose a ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted before on rocky talky that SO and i are currently looking for an eternity band for an engagement ring
1.gif

I work a second job 3-4 nights a week waiting tables, which is a necessary job right now, but i wish it wasn't
3.gif
The jeweler i was talking to said it would be really important NOT to wear a sizeable eternity band (or any good jewelery for that matter) while i am doing this. She said the weight of the things to be carried would over time crush the ring
38.gif

Soooo....while i am at work, i was hoping to find something to wear on my left hand. It needs to be as cheap as possible, since i'll be ruining it (and the budget is tight), but i'd like something pretty. I was thinking a band...any suggestions? would you do a little diamond band, or maybe something in color that i could wear with the other ring if possible?

Here's a pretty litte one from overstock for something rediculous, like $90!

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/10k-White-Gold-1-10ct-TDW-Diamond-Wedding-Band/3049132/product.html

any other suggestions and/or pictures are welcome and appreciated - thanks!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a pic of the little diamond one from the original post...

littlediamondband2.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone on here has either this one or the other similar one from overstock....might be fun to have something to wear in YG...i don''t have much.

yelloweternityband.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or maybe something more plain for comfort, like this?

flatbandpinksapphre.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Violet, I love the dainty quality of the sapphire and diamond eb. If you want something that is simply inexpensive yet stunning those seem to be the way to go. Otherwise, the silver band with the inset pink stone is also classy, elegant, clean lined and strikes me as being quite functional. If you do think that you are likely to be very hard on the ring, that is more likely going to hold up better.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Violet - I have the one in the first post, and it''s a cute little ring!

Hang on, let me find a pic of it!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is it in the middle of my stack . . .

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
On the top here . . .

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s fairly narrow at right over 1 mm, but it''s held up pretty well as a RHR for me.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Violet- how much are you looking to spend?

If you just want something wicked durable for while you're waitressing, you can get a tungsten band on ebay for like $30 bucks. If you want something prettier, I'm a big fan of the sapphire and diamond ring from Overstock.

ArtCarved makes some fun engraved bands that can be had for around $300, if you want something a bit more interesting.

ETA: I worked at Starbucks when I was engaged and wore my ring around my neck for fear of destroying it. Once married I switched to a tungsten band that I didn't have to worry about.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
ArtCarved on the left, Tungsten band on the right:

artcarvedtungsten.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
You can get a satin finish or milgrained, or plain for that matter, white gold band from facets for around $200.

facetsbands.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/28/2008 7:51:55 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Here is it in the middle of my stack . . .

original.aspx
I just got home from work. Ooooooh Lauren - thank you! i love seeing rings on real hands :) I thought it might be a good piece just for work, while still being a little sparkly :) thank you so much for posting it!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/28/2008 8:19:52 PM
Author: geckodani

If you just want something wicked durable for while you're waitressing, you can get a tungsten band on ebay for like $30 bucks. If you want something prettier, I'm a big fan of the sapphire and diamond ring from Overstock.

ArtCarved makes some fun engraved bands that can be had for around $300, if you want something a bit more interesting.

ETA: I worked at Starbucks when I was engaged and wore my ring around my neck for fear of destroying it. Once married I switched to a tungsten band that I didn't have to worry about.
Gecko - thank you! This is exactly what a girlfriend of mine and i had decided would be a great choice - wear the ring around my neck and find a substitute ring to wear to work. My only criteria is to spend as little as possible, while still having something i like...i'd love to stay under 300$ if possible (while trying not to get something fake).

I love the bands from signed pieces - i think the brushed look they offer is incredible! maybe i should consider that...

p.s. my sister has a scroll-y wedding ring like the artcarved one you posted. i love it! so unique :)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 12:19:49 AM
Author: violet3
Date: 9/28/2008 8:19:52 PM

Author: geckodani

If you just want something wicked durable for while you''re waitressing, you can get a tungsten band on ebay for like $30 bucks. If you want something prettier, I''m a big fan of the sapphire and diamond ring from Overstock.

ETA: I worked at Starbucks when I was engaged and wore my ring around my neck for fear of destroying it. Once married I switched to a tungsten band that I didn''t have to worry about.

Gecko - thank you! This is exactly what a girlfriend of mine and i had decided would be a great choice - wear the ring around my neck and find a substitute ring to wear to work. My only criteria is to spend as little as possible, while still having something i like...i''d love to stay under 300$ if possible (while trying not to get something fake).

I love the bands from signed pieces - i think the brushed look they offer is incredible! maybe i should consider that...

p.s. my sister has a scroll-y wedding ring like the artcarved one you posted. i love it! so unique :)

I''m really digging the ArtCarved bands lately.
1.gif
Not sure what I''m going to end up with - but I''m leaning that way!
I really like the satin finish on the SP bands - and nothing says "married" like a gold band, IMO.

Honestly, anything with stones has the potential to get wrecked in food service.
7.gif
I destroyed a ring or two before I learned not to wear anything with stones or that could catch. Of course, at Sbux my hands were constantly wet, which was part of the problem, which you might not have as a waitress. I''m seriously considering getting one of those brushed bands as my vacation ring though!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I like the colored ones. Maybe you could get a diamond and a colored gemstone and stack them.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Geckodani that pink one is cool. I wish the stones went all the way around.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
What about one of these... they can be customized in white, yellow, or rose gold, and diamonds, sapphires, or rubies.

http://www.junojewelry.com/Bezel-set-Diamond-Semi-Eternity-Band-Ring-G-HSI-110-ct_p_0-377.html
http://www.junojewelry.com/Bezel-set-Blue-Sapphire-Semi-Eternity-Band_p_0-65.html

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2008 9:31:55 PM
Author: MMT
I like the colored ones. Maybe you could get a diamond and a colored gemstone and stack them.
Hello Ladies! just got in from work....
35.gif
thanks for the responses!

MMt - i like the colored ones too
2.gif
....i thought a colored one would be good b/c i could wear it later with the diamond band when i was done work. if the budget allows, maybe a little diamond one (like lauren''s) AND a little colored one together...

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/30/2008 2:45:56 PM
Author: oobiecoo
What about one of these... they can be customized in white, yellow, or rose gold, and diamonds, sapphires, or rubies.

http://www.junojewelry.com/Bezel-set-Diamond-Semi-Eternity-Band-Ring-G-HSI-110-ct_p_0-377.html
http://www.junojewelry.com/Bezel-set-Blue-Sapphire-Semi-Eternity-Band_p_0-65.html

Oobie! i lov this first one :) in fact, i am sheepish to say
emembarrassed.gif
that i have a faux (QVC epiphany version) of this! i love it - and i wear it all the time b/c of the comfort. I think this would be perfect for a work ring - and with a little bling too - love it!

a0235dw-300.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 10:50:12 PM
Author: violet3

Date: 9/30/2008 2:45:56 PM
Author: oobiecoo

Oobie! i lov this first one :) in fact, i am sheepish to say
emembarrassed.gif
that i have a faux (QVC epiphany version) of this! i love it - and i wear it all the time b/c of the comfort. I think this would be perfect for a work ring - and with a little bling too - love it!
Yay! I think it would be really serviceable, and with some sparkle too. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results