shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Dress...Need Shoe Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k ladies...

So, my FI (hehehe) and I are going to hi best friend''s wedding in October. He is the best man and his parents are going to be there so I had to buy a new fall-colored conservative type of dress.

I found this lovely dress from Ann Taylor (they fit me pretty well) and it was marked down from 198.00 to 40.00!

Only problem is I need shoes. Although I love heels, there will be dancing and my feet kill me so I usually just end up taking them off (and making my feet all black on bottom...ewwww)

So, I need a comfy, brown shoe that would make athletic looking legs look ok in this dress.....I am a size 8 1/2 to 9 depending on the brand.

Anyone care to assist in my search?

Thanks!
9.gif

newdressoct08.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Oh nice...the pic I saved never showed...sorry about that...one more time here.....

This is the pic of the dress on the model from Ann Taylor''s website!

browndressPD.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m a huge fan of this style from Naturalizer:

Naturalizer fancy sandals

They come in a bunch of colors (including champagne and dark brown, both of which I think would be nice with that dress). They are SUPER comfortable - I wore them in silver to a wedding this summer and they lasted me through 9 hours
9.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info! :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll look later, I have to get ready for school. I have to tell you I was considering getting that dress in blue yesterday, but I have nowhere to wear it (although I have about 20 pairs of shoes to match though!)

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Freke...I knew i could count on you for shoe advice.....

I loved the dress in blue as well..but the wedding colors are brown and pink so, I decided to go with the brown dress!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a budget? What kind of shoe do you want exactly? And where is the wedding?

I'll start listing stuff anyway (and as a warning, I'm going to add in gold and bronze to the mix) but I figured I'd ask.

ETA: adding gold and bronze because browns are hard to match unless you have them both in front of you...But I will see what I can do anyway.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for the help!

Decisions Decisions....

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I think I found a shoe that I like...

I just got the dress today and it falls below the knee on me so I think I might aim for a higher heel.

I love Nina shoes and they seem to always fit me really well so I might get these babies....

newshoebrown.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another view....

newshoebrown2.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I also found these Nine West ones....

ninewestshoebrown.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k...

So I ordered 2 pairs of brown heels from Piperlime....

They have free shipping and returns so I will see which one I like better...

I got the Nina shoe above as well as these Rampage peep toes...

rampagebrowncroco.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results