shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 29th Sept till 5th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ugh...had a huge long post to everyone and then I lost it! Don''t have time to repost now, but will later. Hope everyone is well!

Rod, so sorry about the stolen credit cards, what a pain!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Tuesday everyone!

Zoe-WHAT is this veggie topping??? Sounds fantastic!! We used wild shrimp on Sunday, and what a difference that made. They were fantastic, so much yummier than the frozen regular kind io usually get.

Panda-I can''t wait to see your ring! How exciting!

Corgan-something I love for my sweet tooth is fresh pineapple. I used to have a SERIOUS sweet tooth, but I had NO dessert for about 5 weeks (except for fruit) and it basically went away. I still enjoy sweets but I probably eat 1/4 of the dessert I used to.

DeeJay-Thanks for the suggestion about putting down my fork. I tried it this morning with my cereal! Kashi blueberry fields...yum! I am obsessed with all Kashi cereals.

Rod-so sorry to hear about Charlie''s wallet. That is really a bummer. I ate at an all-you-can-eat sushi place on Saturday and thought of you! It was fantastic, I ate a little too much but it was an experience!

Gecko-my roomie just got her tonsils out, after being sick a lot. She feels much better! It actually wasn''t that bad for her, she was up and out a few days later.

***Underwear announcement-my coworker just informed me that VS is running a *7* for 25 special for all you DeeJay-panty-coveters
9.gif

Things here are going alright. I had some YUMMMY mega veggie pizza from Mellow Mushroom last night. I am really looking forward to the leftovers! I need some new lunch ideas, I am a vegetarian and am tired of hummus. Maybe soup in the cold months?

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning, everyone! I am definitely feeling much better these days than I have been a few weeks back. I am back into the routine and loving it. I've generally been doing 45-50 minutes of cardio on the elliptical/stairmaster machine (I use it as a stairmaster) as well as working on abs and some weights worked in. The weather has been fantastic the last few weeks and it has been lovely taking lunchtime walks in the cool fall air. I just love this time of year. I am seeing gradual progress but trying not to weigh myself too frequently, as I tend to get more discouraged that way.

Dee*Jay - LOL at your undies photo! Cute
31.gif
! Way to go on the 6lbs left - 16 lbs down is impressive!! Not to mention 65 minutes on the treadmill - you go girl!!

GoingCrazy29 - Glad you are starting to feel better. I know what you mean about building yourself up after being sick, but you'll be back to your old levels in no time, so no worries!

Miscka - Veggie pizza is my favorite! I'm not a vegetarian, but I do love to make some soups and freeze them in smaller containers to get through the winter. I find it is decently healthy and filling. Lentil and veggie soups are my favs.

panda08 - Mmmm red velvet cake
18.gif
Happy Birthday!
emotion-19.gif
Glad you had a nice weekend and that the e-ring is ready
36.gif
(can't wait to see it)! Keep up the good work with the trainer.

PrincessDijon - Yeah for fitting into the size 10 and for keeping up with your diet/exercise plan! I feel you on the Chick-Fil-A...it's my only fast food type weakness, so good job in resisting, and keep up the great work!

corgan - I know how hard it is to lose with a sweet tooth - it is my weakness also. I try to do something positive whenever I am having the urge, like go for a walk, hit the gym, or just clean around the house. It helps to take my mind off of it and usually works pretty well. Swimming is excellent exercise also - you can do it!

ZoeBartlett - Great job on going to the trainer regularly. It is a long journey, but keep doing what you are doing and you'll continue to see the great results you've been seeing.

marcyc - I hope you are feeling better soon - colds are definitely no fun
38.gif

KimberlyH - Glad you had a nice weekend and feel refreshed for the new week.

Rod
- I am so sorry to hear about the dishonest person finding Charlie's wallet
38.gif
. It's horrible that there aren't too many honest people out there these days and that you both had to go through this mess. And I know I'm a little late on this since I was off the boards for a bit, but congrats to you and Charlie on your jobs! So glad to hear about it!

somethingshiny - Glad JT is doing better.

Hi Ellen, Lorelei, IloveAsschers13, steph72276

35.gif
. Have a great day everyone!!
emhot.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I am not replying to everyone directly but good job for keeping plugging away!

Also sorry to Rod about the credit card debacle.
7.gif
***Sending positive dust your way***

I fell off the wagon last night...grrr.. I had some Velveeta shells and one can of soda (it was hiding in the back of the fridge...grrrr)

Anyway, no can do, yesterday is done....but on a positive note, I had some salt-free green beans with my sodium laden mac n cheese...lol

FI is taking me grocery shopping before he goes to work today so I am going to grab some more protein rich foods to keep me from falling off the wagon again (I noticed that the only category I was "under" on yesterday was protein...hence the going for ''bad'' foods....I am glad hat I am tracking my foods to know where my "weak" areas were...

Well, I will keep everyone posted!

Happy Tuesday!

35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/30/2008 8:58:08 AM
Author: geckodani

Dee*Jay - You would only be insane if you'd been WEARING them in the pic you posted.
2.gif

LOL Gecko, even *I* have my limits!

Going, so what EXACTLY did you tell your boss?!
3.gif

Rod, SO VERY SORRY for that crazy bad thing with Charlie. Biggest hugs outgoing to you two.

Today I did had a light workout, just 30 mins on the bike and then two sets of arms. I realized when I got home that I forgot to do squats so I knocked off a couple hundred of those with the pooches going crazy around me. I think I burned as many cals trying to control them without falling on my a$$ than I actually did with the squats.

Not much else to report. Nothing really tastes good to me right now; maybe I'm coming down with something. I realized at 9:00 last night that I had only taken in about 600 cals for the day so I made myself go eat somthing, but I really didn't want it. Blech.

Hello to everyone else too -- I'll be back for my chit chat later.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 3:25:12 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 9/29/2008 12:13:27 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 9/29/2008 11:29:05 AM
31.gif
lol.gif

Touché!
9.gif

Come on El, did you for one second believe I could let a challenge like this from you and Lor go unanswered?!?
11.gif
Apparently I underestimated you my formidable friend!
9.gif

Hi panda, and thanks!

Hey Mrs. Zoe, marcy and PW!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/30/2008 12:07:51 PM

Dee*Jay - You would only be insane if you''d been WEARING them in the pic you posted.
2.gif

Soda up the nose HURTS!!!
9.gif
41.gif

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 85px">Date: 9/30/2008 12:07:51 PM

3.gif
Just that I had a funny email, I can only imagine what he would have said if I told him that an e-friend in a diamond forum I go to showed us her tie-dyed thong on our weight loss support thread!!
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/30/2008 12:56:54 PM
Author: GoingCrazy29

style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 85px">Date: 9/30/2008 12:07:51 PM

3.gif
Just that I had a funny email, I can only imagine what he would have said if I told him that an e-friend in a diamond forum I go to showed us her tie-dyed thong on our weight loss support thread!!
9.gif

You say that like it''s not "normal" or something?
33.gif
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/30/2008 12:36:19 PM
Author: Lorelei

Dee*Jay - You would only be insane if you''d been WEARING them in the pic you posted.
2.gif

9.gif
41.gif

My first thought was to have THE DEMON wearing them but I couldn''t figure out what to do with his tail...
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/30/2008 1:26:58 PM

2.gif

9.gif
41.gif

My first thought was to have THE DEMON wearing them but I couldn''t figure out what to do with his tail...
9.gif
* snorts more soda*
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY MICHELLE, I am so proud of you for losing the weight. That is such a big accomplishment and I know how hard it is, as I am there myself.

I know you will be just fine when you are on the floor by yourself.

Lots of love to you,
Linda xoxoxoxoxo

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Quick check in. I had my PT session today...my last workout before I go to Paris for a week!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Go Michelle!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
I called in sick today.I slept until 9:30 which for me is amazing.I was hungry for an English muffin so I went to the store and got some of the 100 calorie ones.I made some chicken soup and a lite version of a grilled cheese for lunch.I drank some orange juice mixed with sprite this morning too.I am working on laundry and lounging around in sweats today.I switched over to allergy meds instead of cold meds because they don’t make me so loopy!

Rod, isn’t it annoying that you have to buy your software with a new system?

1236083uyc79li0zi.gif
I am lucky that my laptop is used for school so they loan me a copy of Office to load up on my PC.What kind of laptop did you get?I am enjoying my pink Sony.How awful about Charlie losing his wallet and so many charges being made on your cards.I hope they find that crook and take care of him.

Somethingshiny, I am glad to hear JT is doing better.No worries on a few pounds; they will go away.

Linda, yes there are some rotten people out there!I hope staying home for a day helps my cold, thanks for thinking of me.

Corgan, sorry to hear you’ve had your cards abused too.I keep an eye on our debit charges.I always ask Marty “did you buy something at . . .”?I check our account a few times a week.

Geckodani, sorry to hear you are sick.

14.gif
Get better soon.Thanks for the well wishes.

GoingCrazy, it will take you a few times but I am sure you’ll build your strength back up.

bananamoonwalk.gif

Steph, rats for losing your long post.I type mine up in word and then copy them and usually don’t have a problem.

Miscka, thanks for the VS sale info.If I get really bored I might have to wander out to the mall.Enjoy your pizza; it sounds yummy.

mmmpizzapizza.gif

Patiently Waiting, I am glad to hear you are feeling better.I weigh daily but I don’t get upset if I don’t see results or see results I don’t like.Of course if you find it does bother you I wouldn’t weigh either.Thanks for the get well wishes.

PrincessDijon, no problem about having a soda or mac and cheese; the important thing is you are back on track and planning ahead on more protein in your diet.

DeeJay, I am sure doing squats with the dogs was quite a challenge.

1237400wqzwintuen.gif
I hope you aren’t getting sick.

DeeJay, Lorelei and Ellen – you ladies are cracking me up!

1144969br703fi17c.gif

SanDiegoLady, congratulations for being below 160 pounds.

woohoo.gif
Good luck finishing your last few days of training.I am sure you’ll do awesome on your own.I can’t wait to see what your goal will be for reaching 150 pounds.I bought myself something when I lost 100 pounds and again when I lost 160 pounds.Thanks for the well wishes.

Appletini, ooh Paris.That sounds fun.

36.gif

Have a great day!

Marcy

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey folks!

My husband and I were going to swim today after school (he was working from home), but we never made it to the gym. Apparently he was asleep during our conversation this morning when he told me that he''d meet me at the gym at 3:30. I called him after school when he never showed up, and he didn''t remember what he had said earlier. Oh well. There''s always tomorrow. If I feel motivated later I may do crunches on my exercise mat.

We''re having thick cut pork chops, carmelized onions, little red potatoes, and corn or some other veggie for dinner. Yum!

Miscka, grated veggie topping is in the same section of my grocery store as the tofu and other meatless items (tofu pups, etc.). It''s the same as "shaky cheese" but it''s not real parmesan cheese. It''s in a green container with a yellow lid. I like it because it''s so close to the real thing but it''s healthier. We use it a lot.

Rod -- I can only imagine what a hedache it must be to have to cancel everything and make all those phone calls. What a pain!

I''m trying to reply to everyone but the kitchen is quickly filling up with smoke. That''s not a good sign -- I should go investigate. Hopefully my husband didn''t torch the chops. Be back later hopefully!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Zoe- Oooh your dinner sound tasty!!!

SDL- Congrats on your weight loss accomplishment! That''s awesome!!!!

Appletini- Have fun in Paris!!! WooHoo!

I went grocery shopping earlier with FI so I don''t know what I will make yet...He won''t be home until 11 or 12 tonight so I have a bit to think about it!

I also posted some delicious recipes that I used in my "fitter" days quite regularly under the "Eating for Life" thread.Thought I''d share the wealth in case any of you want a new recipe to change things up.

have a good day everyone and keep up the GREAT work!
36.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Everyone!

Happy Tuesday!

I am taking a day off today...
6.gif
I kind of want to go just to make myself, but it feels nice not to have to go. I will go the next few days. I''m building up my workout.. making it longer and running more.

I have found with my sweet tooth that I just eat LESS sweets than I used to. In my house growing up the portion sizes were HUGE, so I have learned to just have a small scoop of ice cream instead of three scoops (although I haven''t had ice cream since last week
1.gif
)

Thanks for the info about the underwear.. I might hit up the mall this weekend!
2.gif

SDL, I just want to say good job! I have seen a lot of you on SMTR threads, but great job with the losing weight! That is about my goal! ALso, wow it is already like 55 degrees here in East Lansing, and rainy.. the temp is supposed to drop.. not good for riding my bike to class!!

Appletini- I CAN''T TELL YOU HOW JEALOUS I AM THAT YOU ARE GOING TO PARIS!!!! I might have the chance to go when I study abroad in the summer (to the Netherlands
1.gif
1.gif
) but have fun!!

ZB- my boyfriend did the same thing to me yesterday.. I wasn''t too happy ha, but I still went!

WEll off to write a paper on Asian-American novels... wish me luck!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
It appears a post of mine was eaten...happy Tuesday! Worked, went to the gym -- cardio, arms, and leg lifty things on the hanging machine for abs -- now home and getting ready to shower. We''re having yellow curried chicken for dinner with lots of veggies.

COngrats on being under 160 SDL.

Zoe, sorry your DH forgot about your gym date!

Miska, I love a good soup! French onion, corn chowder, avgolemono, we eat soup for dinner a lot when I cook (I''m not a vegetarian, just a soup lover). What about making a pita sandwich with sun dried tomatoes and pesto or mozerella? Or see my note to PD below about Mac and Cheese.

Rod, how awful about C''s wallet. So sorry.

PW, so glad you''ve found your way back into a routine. Having one helps me immensely with exercise.

PD, if you love Mac and Cheese check out Annie''s Organic, it''s low fat/cal and can be microwaved, so it''s great for bringing to work. Also, there''s an extensive recipe thread in this section, you may want to add your recipes to it as well. Just a suggestion as I know I refer to it pretty often when I''m bored with the same ol'' dinner.

Hi Steph, Lorelei, Linda and everyone else.

Marcy, hope you''re feeling better this evening.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, all is well with the FIL and family, just busy but working out and trying my hardest to eat healthy. hehe Hope you feel better if you are sick and wooo hooo for healthy strides and weight loss! Sending you all a huge hug
9.gif
and miss you guys!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

2.gif

9.gif
41.gif

LOL!
9.gif
11.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good evening my HLT friends.I walked on the treadmill.

creepaway3.gif
If I could breathe through my nose and not be so sleepy I might say I feel better but am I still not feeling too perky.
14.gif

Zoe, rats for missing out on your swim this afternoon.I hope the smoke was only a sign that dinner was ready and it does sound like a yummy dinner as well.

SanDiegoLady, Marty is in California and said it was very nice there today.I hope your sloppy joes were tasty.

3.gif

PrincessDijon, thank you for posting those recipes.They look yummy.

3.gif

Asschers, good idea to eat a smaller portion of sweets.

thum12.gif
For my dessert tonight I had one of the 100 brownies, broke I up in to pieces, put some fresh strawberries on it with some lite cool whip.It was delicious.

Kimi, it sounds like you had a busy day.Sorry to hear you lost a post.Thanks for the get well wishes.

Hi Skippy!We miss you.

flowers%20to%20you.gif

Laters,

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone......Wow......so many posts......so little time. Today, as usual was another "uber" day, but one in which working out at the gym and building some real muscle really paid dividends!!! We worked most of the morning, then the entire afternoon, we moved furniture in our new offices. 3 years ago, had I picked up tables, chairs, boxes, etc., like I did today, would have sent me limping to the chiropractor. Not today. I was able to outlift, outmove almost everyone in my office and many of them significantly younger than me. It made me feel mighty good to be able to lift so much, with so much ease!! WOO HOO for the gym!! We were able to get all our credit cards cancelled, new cards ordered, appointments made for Charlie to get a new drivers license, replacement debit card, etc. He also has an appointment with the Tampa police to file a criminal report, but we don''t expect the police to do anything about this. They''ll likely treat this as a victimless crime and aside from filing the report, we''ll probably never hear another word about it.

We do appreciate the kind sympathy from everyone!!

Our new offices won''t be fully up and running until Monday, so I''ll be working from home the next three days. That means three days where I don''t have to get up so blasted early to get to work. I can just roll out of bed and head to my home office and start working. I''ve never considred myself a good candidate for working from home fulltime. I find it easy to be distracted at home and do really enjoy working with people. So, it will be a bit difficult for me to work the next couple days. Still, I get to sleep in a bit and that''s a mightly good thing.

Marcy, I''m sorry you''re not feeling well.

Hi to everyone else and again thanks for the kind thoughts. I''ll do a better job of responding to everyone individually tomorrow. Promise.

Sleep well everyone........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod, good for you being “super mover” at work today.

36.gif
That is awesome!How fun to work from home.I am getting a laptop soon I can do everything from home on it – I keep teasing my boss I am looking forward to working from home. I am going to get ready for bed now.I need to get some extra sleep.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

Kimberly, what is avgolemono? Sounds yummy! I like your pita idea, also. Thanks! I am completely in love with all of the Annie''s products as well. I have a few boxes, now that I think about it!

SDL, what are your goal present ideas? I think that is a great idea, maybe I need to think one up for myself! I will trade weather with you, it is COLD here and I am so sad about it!

Skippy, good to "see" you! I have another Whole Foods find for you...Smooze Popsicles! They are in those triangular paper things, and come in flavors like pink guava and coconut milk. So good! Perfect for a sweet craving, and only 50 calories. Hope you are well!

Leftover pizza was delicious as I thought it would be. Tonight I *really* need to go to the grocery. I am trying, in an effort to be more frugal, to buy a week or 2 worth of food in one big trip. I am really, really bad at this. I have a hard time planning meals, since I am always just cooking for myself and am not a great cook. I like to cook things that have leftovers, so I can avoid cooking on another night. I will get a few CPK marguerita single pizzas (have I talked about these before? SOO good and plenty of food for ~400 calories) and maybe some whole wheat pasta. I need to look into some seafood to make with rice. Any other suggestions?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I called in sick again.I slept late and feel a whole lot better this afternoon.
36.gif
My throat isn’t as sore as it was even though I do still have some cold systems.I will probably return to work tomorrow.

I opened my garage door this morning to run some errands and found a dead mouse right by my door.Yes, I screamed bloody murder.
1237387oyy519k20r.gif
My first thought was that gosh darned it that Marty is in California this week because now I have to get rid of it.

I met people from my office for lunch today at Olive Garden.
chowtimeguy.gif
I had salad with fat free dressing, 1 bread stick, a little bit of spaghetti and 2/3 of a meatball.I brought the rest home for 2 more meals.I did indulge in their low fat, sugar free chocolate/strawberry dessert.I doubt I’ll be hungry enough to eat supper today so that will save me some calories.

I found out last night we are getting a Great Harvest bread store here.Oh no!I love their cinnamon swirl bread.I’ll just have to reserve it for a treat.

Miscka
, we''ve got cold weather here too.It’s getting in the 30’s at night now.I am glad your leftover pizza was as yummy as you’d expected.
SanDiegoLady, I love your list of possible rewards for reaching your goals.
984406ju1tuish9n.gif
I can’t wait to see what you get.My 100 pound reward was a 2 ct. diamond bracelet, my losing ½ my body weight reward was my .90 ct tw diamond dangle earrings.I told Marty at least those are 2 things I’ll never want to upgrade.I love wearing sweaters too.I am a big fan of fleece both clothes and blankets.

Have a great evening.I have class tonight and it sounds like Marty is flying home late today instead of Friday.I got a quick note from him saying telling me he had a problem with his budget and he’ll see me late tonight.I don’t know if that means they didn’t approve him to stay there 2 more days or his equipment budget didn’t go through and he has to come home and submit it again.Aw, the joys of being a manager who has to submit gigantic budgets.You couldn’t pay me enough to do his job.
Marcy

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Marcy....

Great Harvest is awesome... I remember their blueberry muffins....SOOOOO Good! I remember my mom going there when she was on WW because there was one muffin she could have there ( I think it was pumpkin) that was only 1 point!!!

She also used to get the Nitty Gritty 9 Grain bread! So yummmmmmyyyyyy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PrincessDijon, those sound yummy. My loose dockers are tightening just thinking about them. LOL!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........I don''t like working from home. It get''s boring being locked up in my home office all day long. And my mind wanders and I find things to do besides work......not good. I did like sleeping until the sun came up this morning. Only 2 more days to work at home, but Charlie is heading up north to visit his family tomorrow morning and I''ll be completely by myself, which I''m just not looking forward to at all. On a good note, I closed a deal today, so I''ve made 4 placements in only 3 months, which is really good. Since Charlie''s heading out of town, we had dinner at home tonight, then a cup of coffee at Sbucks. I''ll go to the gym tomorrow as soon as I shut down. Charlie got his new drivers license today, filed the police report and got his new debit card, so he''s feeling more relieved at least.

I''m glad you''re feeling better Marcy. You had asked what kind of laptop I got and I wound up getting a Dell. It just offered the most for the money. I looked at a bunch of them and felt this was the best value. So far, I''m very pleased with it. Thanks for thinking it would be fun to work from home. For me.....not so much fun. I need to be with people to be honest.

Yummm to leftover pizza Miscka!! I actually like cold pizza. There was a time long before Rebuild Rod, that I ate pizza veritually every day of the week. So, I don''t get to eat pizza but every once in a while, but it''s still one of my favorite foods.....

Michelle, I''m sorry it''s so hot there in SD. Charlie is with you on missing the seasons. He would move north in a hearbeat. Me, I''m afraid I hate cold. Fall is pretty, for a few weeks, then winter hits, which Rod does not do........LOL

I''ll check in tmorrow night after the gym. Have a good Thursday everyone........

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

Sorry for the quick fly by... I''m bogged down by work, AGAIN
15.gif

Thanks for the the nice birthday wishes. I had a fabulous one
1.gif
My honey and I both had the day off. It started off great, as my Leon arrived first thing in the morning. We had Japanese food for lunch and then had frozen yogurt with some friends. Later that evening, he took me to the Magic Castle. It''s sort of like a country club for magicians. We had a nice dinner there and then saw several magic acts. It was so fun! Though my honey had technically proposed about two months ago when we were looking for my diamond, after we got home, he "officially" asked again and slipped the ring on my finger. We''re so happy! Oh, and yes, the Leon is a beaut! I can hardly believe I''m engaged!

Hope everyone''s doing well. I''m sorry I don''t have time to say hello to everyone but I''m thinking of you guys! *HUGS*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results