shape
carat
color
clarity

quitting smoking

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
is anyone else here trying to quit smoking? it seems like a lot of topics are about losing weight (which i need to do too) but i think quitting smoking is number one on my list, then weight loss.
anyways, im starting to go insane...simply as that...i have headaches every day, sometimes twice a day....not getting any sleep (average 3-4 hours a night), i had to get tylenol pm to help conk me out, and then i woke up feeling even more tired, it was terrible!!! also i have been cranky and stressed out and although i really consciously try not to, once in a while i might snap at my SO which i feel really terrible about and always apologize immediately afterwards. do those patches or gum have anything in them to curb the withdrawel symptoms? anything would be helpful!!!! thanks in advance, i really appreciate it :)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This thread is awesome and supportive and full of people with helpful tips/models of behavior to offer.

As you''ll see if you click the link, I''m one of the more recent participants: I quit on August 26th, and I haven''t regressed once (through some fairly stressful periods - death of a beloved pet, etc.). I''m using an electronic cigarette to quit - I feel sort of like it''s "cheating," since I''m still using nicotine, but at least I''m off the rest of the gook in tobacco. It''s made a huge change for me. I lost my "smokers cough" two days after I quit cigarettes, I can climb stairs without feeling winded, I started working out again yesterday ... the whole nine yards.

Going cold turkey is *tough* - depending on how long you''ve been off, it might definitely be worth considering some kind of an aid (and I''m sure other people will chime in with their experiences with the gum, the patch, etc. so that you can decide which method appeals to you most). Good luck! This is one task that''s definitely worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results