shape
carat
color
clarity

2 or 3mm rolling ring with ering???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I think I''m about to purchase a white gold rolling ring from rollingring.com I purchased a $10 tryout ring to see if I like it first. This one is 3mm wide. Do you think I should go with this size, the 2mm size OR none at all? Does it look silly?
Thanks in advance for your opinions!!!

eringtrinity.JPG

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a hand shot. I like to switch up my set with different stackers so this would just give me something else to play with!

eringtrnityhndsht.JPG

reyang

Rough_Rock
Hi luvmyhalo, i have the 2mm tri-color rolling ring from rollingring.com and I sometimes wear it with my tiffany knife-edge solitare to mix-it-up. Since the shank on your e-ring looks pretty thin, I would go with the 2mm. Also, it looks like the 3mm tryout ring you purchased may be a tad too big since it''s slacking down your finger. I went with a size 5.5, same as my e-ring and they sit together on my finger practically flush. Iwannaprettyone started a tread of rolling rings and solitares if you want to check it out for ideas.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-rolling-rings-with-solitaires.68479/

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I''d probably go with the 2mm rolling ring for your e-ring. I wish I could wear my e-ring with my roling ring... they''re just too thick together and hubby made fun of me when I tried!

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
iluvhalo, what are the specs of your other two bands in your avatar? They''re stunning together and I prefer the rolling ring on your right hand personally.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
hi! love the idea of a rolling ring. they''re such great stand-alone pieces. i don''t think that the 3mm works very well with your gorgeous e-ring. the two rings are competing for my eye, and we can''t have that!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 5:19:57 PM
Author: reyang
Hi luvmyhalo, i have the 2mm tri-color rolling ring from rollingring.com and I sometimes wear it with my tiffany knife-edge solitare to mix-it-up. Since the shank on your e-ring looks pretty thin, I would go with the 2mm. Also, it looks like the 3mm tryout ring you purchased may be a tad too big since it''s slacking down your finger. I went with a size 5.5, same as my e-ring and they sit together on my finger practically flush. Iwannaprettyone started a tread of rolling rings and solitares if you want to check it out for ideas.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-rolling-rings-with-solitaires.68479/

Thanks for all your opinions everyone! I thought it looked a little bulky when I first put it on. It''s so nice to have honest opinions
26.gif

Reyang, do you have any pics of your 2mm with your ering? The only pictures I can find anywhere are of 3mm rolling rings. Thanks!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
One more vote for separate hands. Your e ring is so gorgeous and the two compete with eachother when placed together. Let each one shine!

reyang

Rough_Rock
i didn''t have any pictures of this set on hand so, here''s my pitiful attempt to take decent photos in dingly bathroom lighting...

2mm set1.JPG

reyang

Rough_Rock
another...

2mm set2.JPG

reyang

Rough_Rock
the 2mm tri-color rolling ring by itself. for reference, my ring size is 5.5

2mm rolling ring2.JPG

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you SO much Reyang for the pics. I LOVE them together, its such a fun look! I think the 2mm is the way I''m going to go. Your ering is FAB!
30.gif
Do you have a thread going on that beautiful baby??!!

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
i love the 2mm roller! it makes a huge difference! but her ring is a solitaire, so there''s the appearance of "blending" metals. not sure you''d get the same effect with the eternity style band of your ering? always nice to have options,though!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 12:37:34 AM
Author: mommy2iz
i love the 2mm roller! it makes a huge difference! but her ring is a solitaire, so there's the appearance of 'blending' metals. not sure you'd get the same effect with the eternity style band of your ering? always nice to have options,though!
I know! I didn't think the 2mm would make that big of difference. It looks fabulous on Reyang! I hear ya on the solitaire though.
33.gif
It will be different with my ring. I think I'll just have to go ahead and purchase it and worst case, I'll have another RHR to play with!
27.gif
31.gif

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
ha! totally agree. worse case scenario is you have a gorgeous new ring to wear!! how horrible could that possibly be!?!?!
31.gif
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
2 mm for sure.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I would go with a right hand ring. Your set is gorgeous the way it is
36.gif

dr.stacie

Rough_Rock
luvmyhalo-

where did you get your "practice" rolling ring? looks like another fun piece to add to my collection...
31.gif

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
I would go smaller... the one you have pictured seems to be taking over the spotlight instead of staging your beautiful e-ring!

The pics reyang posted look much more balanced... the thickness of her e-ring is wider than yours, but that rolling ring is so much smaller, and looks much better.

I honestly don''t like the way that big one looks at all. It looks like you just threw on two rings in your box with your eyes closed!

(I love your avitar set btw... gorgeous combo!)

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2008 12:18:07 PM
Author: dr.stacie
luvmyhalo-

where did you get your ''practice'' rolling ring? looks like another fun piece to add to my collection...
31.gif
I got it at Kohls for $10
9.gif

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
I like that it's not matchy-matchy...But I think You should def go with the 2mm...Good luck!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I, too, think the 2mm will look awesome!

How''s the sizing on these? I''m wanting one, but I wonder if because it''s rolling, should I go with a slightly larger size?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the 2mm one as well. I have a 2mm sterling one too, and I got it to see what it would look like stacked with other bands. It looks GREAT, so someday I''m going to buy the 2mm tri-color one from rollingring.com.

I got the sterling one REALLY REALLY cheap from the ebay store "something 2 treasure".

reyang

Rough_Rock
Hi LaurenThePartier, in my experience the rollingring.com rings are true to size. My wedding set is a size 5.5 and I ordered the 2mm rolling ring in the same size and it fits perfectly. A word of caution with rolling rings though...they will only roll smoothly and fit correctly if the rings are aligned appropriately. I have to toss mine around in my palm a couple of time and try it on to make sure I have it on right.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I love the look of a soli with a rolling ring. But I would love to see the 2mm combo. I think it may be in better proportion.
2.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking I would love to see the 2mm option, maybe with a little sparkle on one band too, to go with your gorgeous ER! I do love you other band combos though too, so perhaps a RH rolling ring:)

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of your opinions. I''ve decided to go with the 2mm. Now I just have to decide if I''m going to order it now or let DH get it for me for Christmas. Ugghhh...I just don''t know if I can wait 3 months. Patience is NOT one of my virtues
27.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
For someone into YG, this is a 2mm channel set...gorgeous. link Of course I do have to suggest that you learn the trick of how to not get them stuck the way I did. Or keep a hacksaw handy
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results