shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire owners, If you could it all over again...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had always wanted a 3-stone Asscher ring, but after having worn my bezel solitaire for ~2 years, I''m so happy he went in the solitaire direction. I can pop it in the ultrasonic any time I want, I don''t have to fuss with worrying about melee falling out (which I do constantly with my pave RHRs), and I can wear it with any band, diamond or plain.

I figure I can always get a 3 stone Asscher ring for an anniversary.
2.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding is a 1ct solitaire and a channel diamond band that I wore for 8 years. I love the simplicity of it. I think I would keep a solitaire, but probably put it into something a little fancier such as a Leon Mege or Mark Morrill setting.

I had a 1.65cttw 5 stone band made about 6 months ago and now wear that alone as my wedding/ering. I love it and it''s more practical than a solitaire is for my work. Once in a while I go back to the original set, so I have the best of both worlds I guess.

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
Lynn B: But oooh, your ring is sooo purty...It was one of my first loves when I started lurking around here...

Coatimundi: Hope you post pics of your new ring when you get it. What kind of a setting is it?

Elle_chris: I''d like to own both a chunky eternity band and a solitaire, and I probably will get either for a big anniversary or something.

LaurenThePartier: That''s actually my biggest fear, and I''m afraid that it would keep me from wearing the ring
15.gif

Orbaya: I''ve seen your 5-stone ring, and it''s very very lovely...
30.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve no regrets at all. My e-ring is my dream ring and I just adore it. Wouldn''t change it at all

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I had a solitaire and loved it for its simplicity and classic elegance. After a few months, I longed for more bling! So I reset it into a delicate pave setting (in my avatar) and I LOVE IT!!!!! I still love solitaires, but for me, I adore my new setting. What does your gut tell you to do? Your first instinct is usually the right one!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
No regrets! I have switched my setring many times and have finally gotten it "right" with the Vatche Royal Crown. I have a plain band to wear with it and plan on getting a diamond band. I like options!

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
wouldnt change a thing!

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Well I just got mine last week (whoo hoo!) but I absolutley love it. I always wanted a solitaire - I like the idea of something simple and classic that will stand the test of time. also felt like somewhere down the road I could get a diamond band either to wear alone when I didn't want to flash around my e-ring or to spice things up as a set.
So I'd say I'm one completely satisfied solitaire customer here!
9.gif

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 11:31:18 AM
Author: wishful
Well I just got mine last week (whoo hoo!) but I absolutley love it. I always wanted a solitaire - I like the idea of something simple and classic that will stand the test of time. also felt like somewhere down the road I could get a diamond band either to wear alone when I didn''t want to flash around my e-ring or to spice things up as a set.
So I''d say I''m one completely satisfied solitaire customer here!
9.gif
I just saw your solitaire in LIW, what a beautiful ring!!!!! congrats on your engagement!
35.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
My FI went out on his own when he bought my ring, and went for the classic Tiffany knife-edge solitaire. I do love it, but if he''d asked my opinion I would have told him that a shared-prong half-eternity was the way to go. I never really wanted a solitaire, and it took a little getting used to, though I''m very happy to have it now. As much as I like my e-ring, though, I''m still craving the half-eternity. If I could do it again, I''d try for both
31.gif
...but I still think I''d go for the band over the solitaire. It''s just more "me."

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 11:43:27 AM
Author: Lill_The_Thrill

Date: 9/29/2008 11:31:18 AM
Author: wishful
Well I just got mine last week (whoo hoo!) but I absolutley love it. I always wanted a solitaire - I like the idea of something simple and classic that will stand the test of time. also felt like somewhere down the road I could get a diamond band either to wear alone when I didn''t want to flash around my e-ring or to spice things up as a set.
So I''d say I''m one completely satisfied solitaire customer here!
9.gif
I just saw your solitaire in LIW, what a beautiful ring!!!!! congrats on your engagement!
35.gif
Awww Thank You! I''m in heaven!!!
17.gif

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
There are days when I wish I had a little more, some little friends, some side stones, a halo, a ??? Then when I really look at it I''m happy with how thie solitaire is so classic. There are soooooo many things you can do with it as far as bands are concerned so it''s very versatile. You can pair it up with colored, plain, thin band diamonds, wide band diamonds, so many. Then I''m fine with it. But, I defintely know what you mean. I feel like it''s missing a little something.

My mom has a 1 ct with very small melee''s maybe 1 or 2pts, 3 on each side, and I love her ring. It''s just so beautiful! There''s just something about her ring that takes my breath away. I can''t explain it. Mine solitaire is twice the size, but hers is just so flattering with those little beauties.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results