shape
carat
color
clarity

Breast Cancer Scare

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laurie, I''m glad your biopsy is over and I look forward to hearing good news from you on Wednesday!

Laurie2

Shiny_Rock
I guess its good news and bad news. My biopsy did come back malignant. But it is very early stage cancer. Hubby and I go to see the surgeon today to see what our next steps are.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry Laurie. I am sure your scared and overwhelmed. It IS great news that it was caught early!!! :)

Well girl! Get Your Game on :) This is your time to show your undeniable women power and beat anything negative in your way. Power up, keep your head high and think positive. Our Body and minds are stronger than most people ever will know, unless forced to find out!

Prayers and positive thoughts for you :)

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I am really sorry to hear they found malignant cells. Take some deep breaths - you are going to be ok.

This is where the whole idea of early detection shows it's virtue. With a very early stage diagnosis, you have every chance of ending up absolutely healthy. It's wonderful that you found this now and that you can get that bad stuff out of there and after a little bit, this whole episode will be behind you.

Treat yourself with love and take it one day at a time. It will all be over and you can look back at it.

Every prayer for your recovery and for taking away all anxiety as you go through the process. Big Hug
1.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
You are woman...time to roar! Thoughts of strength to you!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Thank goodness it''s in early stages; that''s a really good and positive thing. Keeping you in thoughts and prayers.

Laurie2

Shiny_Rock
Hubby and I went to the surgeon today and they are doing a lumpectomy Sept. 24 and if the tissue around the cancer is clean no radiation or chemo and we''re done. If they find more then back to surgery and take a little more. So I felt better about things. Now I have some time to get things in order at work and maybe will only miss a few days. Thanks for the support.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
This is good news! I''ve been following this thread... At least now you know and can get on with it. Almost everyone in my extended family has had this done and are doing fine some 20+ years later.

Just put your brain on auto pilot and jump the hoops you need to for now.

Please keep us posted.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow--this news is a lot for you and your family. I am thinking of you--strength and healing vibes across the miles. My sister was diagnosed when she was 40 and is a survivor. Treatments and procedures are excellent these days.

kind regards, Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, I just saw this thread! Prayers outgoing, you sound like a strong lady, hugs!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sorry to hear they found malignancy but very happy it is early stage. They will cut to get ''clean margins'' if they can, and hopefully they can. It would be fantastic not to have to go through chemo and/or radiation. Healing thoughts out to you...

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Laurie,

Hope the results come back very, very good!

Keep up your spirits; they say that''s half the battle in times like this!

Laurie2

Shiny_Rock
We''re so happy because the surgery got moved up a week to Sept. 17. We''re keeping our spirits up. The waiting is the hardest part. I go on Sept. 11 for pre surgery check and meet with the anesthesiologist. I''m really not scared any more just ready to do it. Luckily I''ve been very very busy at work and that helps. Plus many wonderful supportive friends at work. There''s nothing like being a teacher. After 21 years I still love it. Thanks everyone for listening.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Laurie:

I just wanted to pass along my thoughts and prayers to you. I have been reading your thread and hoping that everything would work out. Would have commented earlier but my Mom has recently been going through the exact same scenario and my feelings are still kind of raw if you know what I mean. Luckily my Mom''s surgery went well and she is recuperating nicely. Nonetheless, I just wanted to write a few words to let you know I am pulling for you! You seem to have a great attitude and a very supportive hubby. You will be fine!! Best wishes to you.

Laurie2

Shiny_Rock
Onedrop, thanks for the kind words of encouragement. I totally understand about raw feelings. I wish the best outcome for your mom.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2008 7:21:00 PM
Author: Laurie2
We''re so happy because the surgery got moved up a week to Sept. 17. We''re keeping our spirits up. The waiting is the hardest part. I go on Sept. 11 for pre surgery check and meet with the anesthesiologist. I''m really not scared any more just ready to do it. Luckily I''ve been very very busy at work and that helps. Plus many wonderful supportive friends at work. There''s nothing like being a teacher. After 21 years I still love it. Thanks everyone for listening.
Just checking in to see how you are doing, and giving you good thoughts for the days to come.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw this thread and wanted to express my wishes of good luck and support. I hope everything went well today. You will beat this!

Laurie2

Shiny_Rock
I had my surgery on 9/17. All went well and preliminary pathology shows all the cancer was removed with clear margins. I go for post op appt tomorrow and will get the official pathology report and have my incision checked. Right now my breast is black and blue, I didn''t know there would be such bruising. In the past when I thought of "lumpectomy" I thought of a very minor surgery with a small incision. My incision is 5 1/2 inches long. My breast is noticeably smaller than my other breast and my bras fit me weird. Its an admustment I''m happy to make and I''m very grateful the cancer is gone. I appreciate you letting me tell my story on here. And I am appreciative of all your kindess and support. I find out tomorrow if I have to have radiation or if I''m finished. My husband has been an absolute gem throughout everything. He says he doesn''t know what he''d do without me, but I think I''d be just as lost without him.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Warmest best wishes for a full and speedy recovery, Laurie!

BTW, there are bra specialty shops that can help you get something custom fitted, and, if you''re so inclined, evened out. On a light note, my grandma had a whole breast removed a couple of year ago because of cancer, and her strategy is to stuff socks in her bra! She said to me "It worked in high school, so why not now?" She is such a comedian in the midst of everything.
20.gif
9.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Laurie I am so glad to hear the surgery went well, I''ve been thinking about you and sending you lots of healing vibes. I hope you get good news re the radiotherapy. You sound so strong and upbeat, you are an inspiration. Take care of yourself and keep us updated, we''re thinking of you!

Indy, have you seen these? Your Granny might get a kick out of them!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Laurie~ It sounds like things are beginning to look up for you. It would be wonderful if you don''t have to do radiation, fingers crossed!! You seem very optimistic and I''m a firm believer in optimism!!!

Good luck and speedy recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results