shape
carat
color
clarity

Is .60 oval too small on size 5.5 finger?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Asu

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone.Me and my husband are looking for an upgrade of my ring.Is more a quality then a size upgrade,because now I have a 2 ct oval aquamarine that was my first promise/engagement ring,and a .73 round diamond i1,but to me it look more like an i2.So i''m looking at a used ring that is on sale at 500 usd.It''s a .60 h/si1 oval diamond,set in yellow gold.I don''t mind about the setting right now,because we''re going to set the stone in this setting that i love.
diamond setting
but i''m afraid that the stone can look too small,because i''m used to have a .73 stone on my finger.I''ve looked around on the board,and i''ve found some beautiful little ovals,but i can''t find the ring size,so I''m pretty undecided.
What do you guys think?
thank you!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In that setting it will look HUGE! If its a great deal and it looks pretty I would get it! Can always use another RHR.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
The ring setting you love is gorgeous!! I don''t think it will look that small.. especially because the setting is a halo... which will make the .6 appear quite a bit larger. I don''t think you''ll be disappointed.

Are there stores in your area that sell ovals, where you could go try a .60 on?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the other posters who say that the 0.60 oval will look huge in that setting. Also, the setting is quite ornate and eye-catching. I don''t think you''d be disappointed either.

For reference I looked up some dimensions of 0.60 ovals and 0.73 RBs. One 0.60 oval I looked at had dimensions of 4.63 mm x 6.53 mm and another had dimensions of 4.39 mm x 6.82 mm. The 0.73 RBs I checked out had a range of diameters- about 5.78-5.84 mm.

Have you checked the dimensions of the stone you have in mind to make sure that it will fit in your new setting?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/20/2008 11:43:04 AM
Author: Clairitek
I agree with the other posters who say that the 0.60 oval will look huge in that setting. Also, the setting is quite ornate and eye-catching. I don''t think you''d be disappointed either.

For reference I looked up some dimensions of 0.60 ovals and 0.73 RBs. One 0.60 oval I looked at had dimensions of 4.63 mm x 6.53 mm and another had dimensions of 4.39 mm x 6.82 mm. The 0.73 RBs I checked out had a range of diameters- about 5.78-5.84 mm.

Have you checked the dimensions of the stone you have in mind to make sure that it will fit in your new setting?
Ditto. The stone should be very close to 5 X 7mm. A lot of the .60 stones I looked up were smaller than that. Be sure you know the stone''s dimensions.

In addition, what kind of grading certificate does the stone have? If it is anything other than GIA or AGS, you can''t rely on the color or clarity grade.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think that it will look small at all! I have a .63 RB set in a halo and it looks to be a nice size on my 5.5 finger.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think it will be beautiful. I love that setting
30.gif

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
go for it! it sounds beautiful and i can''t wait to see pics!!!!!!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Size is very objective. I have a friend with a .65 round that looks just GORGEOUS! She has it in a lovely setting that really shows off the stone.

Please don't base your decision on the size of the stones you see on Pricescope. I like to frequent a Handbag Forum where many posters buy bags upwards of $2000 on a frequent basis. Most of the people I know in real life could add up all the bags they have ever owned in their whole life and it still wouldn't equal $2000.

There is an obvious disparity between the stone size (and even, quality) that you find on PS and of those that you find IRL.

ETA: I will also be setting my oval diamond soon, and I think it is a very beautiful shape. Your ring (and setting) should be gorgeous!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wooohooooo I LOVE that setting!! A few of us have purchased settings from that vendor and have been very pleased! LOVELY choice!!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would be lovely in that ring and not too small at all.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, of course it''s all a matter of personal preference and opinion... but in my opinion, no, it wouldn''t look small!
2.gif

I think a .60 oval would look GORGEOUS in that setting!

Asu

Shiny_Rock
Thank you to all.Namaste in Italy there are not so much stores that sell diamond rings that are not round.I probably have to go to Milan to see an oval diamond,but the most of that stores are so elegant and don''t let "normal" people enter.So I think it would be a problem
9.gif

The stone is not certified,but this don''t bother me at all,because I pay so a lower price,and I can always get a certified later.I''m only interested in a eye clean stone,that is what I don''t have now
14.gif
so for me it''s not a big deal.
Thank you again!

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
i think it will be a great size in that setting!!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
as long as you are sure that it will fit then i say go for it. the total blingage will help you with not thinking it is small. that is what i am doing with mine. we really cant afford to splurge on a higher carat weight so i have a halo with stones on either size and then some bags. i know it sounds a little complicated, but they are all so dainty that it really adds to the small center stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results