shape
carat
color
clarity

Unwanted Work Shower

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
I need to vent, ladies. I was married in June. I am a teacher, and my co-workers wanted to throw me a bridal shower at school before the end of the school year. I politely declined, as I truly did not want them to go to the trouble. At my school, collection envelopes are sent around for this type of thing. It gets to be a lot, since my school is huge and people are always collecting money for weddings, babies, retirements, etc... I am not comfortable with people feeling they need to contribute financially, as there are many teachers at my school I hardly ever see and am not close to.

Well, when I said I did not want a shower, everyone was totally understanding except for one teacher. She was extremely insistent. She informed me that I HAD to have a shower and that people would be mad if I didn''t. Once again, I told her I wished not to. Even my other co-workers tried to reason with her. Truly, I don''t think anyone else cared at all. I know I would not care if someone did not want a shower. As you can imagine, she bullied everyone until she got her way. I am not trying to be ungrateful, but I wish she would have respected my wishes. I have taught at the school for nine years, so the people I am close to already got me a card and a gift. BTW, we had a destination wedding, so none of my co-workers came to the wedding.

The shower is Thursday, and I am dreading it. It just irritates me so much that she had to make it all about what she wanted. Ughhh... people like that just grate on my nerves! Oh well, like I said, I just had to vent. DH thinks I''m being silly and says at least we''ll get some more gifts!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indy,

How annoying.

What could people possibly get mad about if you didn't want a shower? I guess better you getting mad than they?

Makes no sense. I understand people mean well - but in the end, they're really doing it more for themselves than for you, if you clearly expressed you didn't want one.

Well, you'll live through it. Nothing you can do about it now. Grin and bear it, and try to enjoy whatever part of it you can.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
That lady sounds a bit crazy, honestly! Who forces someone to have a shower?! Hmm...maybe you could call in sick that day?
11.gif
9.gif

I bet it will be fine once you''re there-things I dread usually are. Good luck!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gawd! I absolutely love Thing''s idea of calling in sick that day...too funny!

Sometimes I think people really just like having control...it seems like this lady is one of those who has to feel like she has power.

Please just try to smile and be as gracious as I know you will be, thank them all graciously and move on.

If you can''t get out of it, just handle yourself with poise and class and keep your head held high...

Best of luck...can''t wait to hear how it goes!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well I definitely would go, even if I was annoyed. I guess that working at a school for so long, they want to do something to mark your special day. I understand she was a little forceful about it, but she probably means well. And it is an opportunity for the staff to let loose and socialize. Grin and bear it. And think of it as taking one for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results