shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I lower my diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I too think it is a bit higher than you would want.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies...

So I did it! I sent it back in to be re-sized and have the diamond lowered.... I will post when I get it back... God I hope they don''t mess it up!!!
7.gif
I''m paranoid after reading everybody''s horror stories....

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
That''s awesome! I hope it turns out fabulous. Dont'' forget to come back and post pics!!! How long do you have to wait?

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
A couple of weeks I think - not sure they will call me to let me know when it''s back...

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 1:02:41 AM
Author: Circe
I would vote yes to the lowering, if you can: I may be a low-set freak, but I like it when the basket line bisects the stone. Right now, yours is set so high that it's almost setting atop it, and, completely aside from aesthetics, I know if it was mine, I'd be knocking it every which way! But, I'm unusually clutzy, so hopefully that's not a problem for you. The fact that you ask suggests that it's bugging you on some level, at least, so if it's a possibility ... why not?
Ya I keep banging it everywhere which is another reason why I wanted it lowered... Hope the couple of milimeters help!

Anyway - thanks everyone! I hope it comes out as we all invision!!!!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Good luck with your setting...I hope they make it so that it is perfect and it makes your heart soar. Please keep us updated.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Hope it turns out the way you want it to be! for what it''s worth at this point, I would have sent it back too. It''s too bad they went mucking around with something that was pretty darn perfect already. Oh well... let us know how it goes!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!

I just hope it doesn't look weird since the basket on my ring is clearly not the same as the original design.. I just hope they bend the prongs a bit too to make it flow better...

I also noticed that all the Ritani rings in the showcase at the store were set lower....
38.gif
I wonder why they set mine so high (Ritani set it themselves the first time!)

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Good Luck - I hope it out so its exactly what you originally expected!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear you sent it back. It''ll look great lowered down.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results